=][= E Tenebrae Lux IV =][=

Excellent. It's the way that makes sense, so I'll just pledge the most expensive loadout possible from my magnetising and be done with it.

That's the best way to do it, really, if you are magnetising. Crack on, brother. ;)

All Hell has broken loose at the office - I doubt I'll be able to post the first update today (and if I do it'll be a lot later). Most likely I'll do it early tomorrow.

Please continue to post your vows and any completions as normal.

All Hell has broken loose at the office - I doubt I'll be able to post the first update today (and if I do it'll be a lot later). Most likely I'll do it early tomorrow.

Please continue to post your vows and any completions as normal.

Abaddon trying his hand at the 14th crusade must have chosen your office as the site for the newest eye of terror!... Hope things settle down...

SG

ETL IV - FIRST WEEKLY UPDATE

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2015_Poster_V1.jpg

Put it simply: participation is higher than any other time! In this first week we have 290 participants, the highest number ever and a huge momentum to boot! ETL IV is looking to be on track for another record breaking!

The ETL is a live beast and it has to evolve both with the hobby and the B&C as time goes by. We also has to learn the lessons from previous experience, year after year, as a minor issue in one ETL may become a major issue for the next given the ever-increasing levels of participation and the developments in the hobby.

Responding to the above challenges, this year there are a couple of big changes in the rules: the limit on vows to 3,000pts and the introduction of the completion rate in working out the winning faction. The rules combined aim to boost participation, as smaller vows are even more relevant than in the past, while those who want to vow big can still do so. However they’ll be assuming a responsibility vs. their faction because any potential failure will result in harming the completion ratio disproportionally. This is truly a time of heroes!

Another interesting thing this year is that Adeptus Mechanicus finally got not one but two Codices, a bit like Astra Militarum and Militarum Tempestus (although the second Codex, the cult Mechanicus, is not yet released at the time of typing this). It also got a brand new range of amazing miniatures that attracted a lot of new and seasoned hobbyist alike bring this faction to the center of attention. AdMech had always had a strong following but it was mostly in the realm of literature and background while the minis dedicated to it were of the Titan kind. Now at last the Mechanicum can be the focus of a hobbyist, not as allies and add-ons to other factions but as stand-alone 40k armies in their own right. The results so far are amazing!

This year we may also face a new challenge for the first time: Codex updates by GW during the life of the ETL! This has never happened before so this is how we’ll deal with it when/if it happens: Existing vows MUST be completed as submitted. There will be no points’ adjustments to bring the values in line with the new Codex – the logistics attached to that are just not worth it. However, vows made after the release of the new Codex must take the point values from the new Codex and move on. If we face the unfortunate situation that a unit is dropped altogether from the new Codex then participants that already have that unit in their stash can still vow it using the old Codex points (since the new codex will not be allowing it. Or it could be made a count-as.
But enough of that, lets see how the ETL IV looks like in this first week:

E TENEBRAE LUX IV – Week 1
Codex 48 50 33,026 920 2.8%
Black Templars 16 17 8,512 400 0%
Imperial Fists 8 8 6,555 330 5.0%
Iron Hands 6 6 3,780 0 0.0%
Raven Guard 2 2 760 0 0.0%
Salamanders 3 3 2,725 0 0.0%
Ultramarines 5 6 2,325 190 8.2%
White Scars 0 0 0 0 0.0%
Index Astartes 8 8 8,369 0 0.0%
Blood Angels 40 40 19,676 75 0.4%
Dark Angels 30 30 28,308 0 0.0%
Space Wolves 23 23 23,342 0 0.0%
Realm of Chaos 36 36 33,524 905 2.7%
Forces of the Imperium 52 58 35,513 825 2.3%
Astra Militarum 19 21 13,226 825 6.2%
Grey Knights 3 3 2,242 0 0.0%
Adeptus Mechanicus 24 24 18,191 0 0.0%
Sisters of Battle 3 3 2,242 0 0.0%
Inquisition & Agents 2 2 264 0 0.0%
Horus Heresy 61 62 59,172 2,855 4.8%
TOTAL 290 295 232,561 5,580 2.4%

So let’s see this one by one:

CODEX
This year the Codex faction will remain undivided. It has always been a strong force in the ETL and this year is again among the favorites to win. With 48 participants it sure has the resources to dominate this year’s ETL. However it should be stressed that they are still vulnerable as HH and IFOR are already ahead while Blood Angels and Chaos are close behind. In sohrt it is still too early to discuss average vows, total points and completion rates. Right now only one thing matters: Recruitment! (also, White Scars?)

BLOOD ANGELS
The Blood Angels are back! With 40 participants already they are determined to make their presence felt. Indeed the relatively low average vow (492pts – the lowest thus far in the ETL) is totally fine as there is (i) higher chance to achieve high completion rates (ii) faster vow turnover and (iii) plenty of time to re-vow at higher points’ values and formulate an effective strategy. Right now the important thing is to build-up participation and you’ve done that admirably. But keep it up because your rivals are also eager to shine and a moment of laxity…

DARK ANGELS
With 30 participants the DAs have the second lowest level of participation. This is unfortunate because this is the time to augment your ranks and steel yourselves for the onslaught that is yet to come. True, the average vow is almost double that of the BAs and among the highest in the ETL IV but that alone cannot guarantee much. Dark Angels must rise to the challenge in strength on order to even the odds and make the higher-than-average points/vow count.

SPACE WOLVES
The SWs are a surprise this year, not so much on their participation levels (with 23 participants, they have the lowest following in the ETL IV so far) but with the high average vow. It is of the nature of this forum to have this strange combo. I’m sure that if the recruitment continues at similar pace, the Wolves will gather enough momentum to challenge the top positions as they usually deliver on their vows. So keep up the recruitment momentum and with this mix of points/vow and given your history of delivering I can’t see a reason not to threaten the top positions!
Also the apparent slow start of the DAs could be a good opportunity for you to meet the “Lion and Wolf” challenge and come on top. Don’t let this opportunity go to waste.

REALM OF CHAOS
The Realm of Chaos… the winners of last years’ ETL are again a force to be reckoned with. But they are not at last year’s levels – at least not at the moment. Now is the time to increase your ranks because you have some very steep opposition. Almost all the other factions are either ahead of you or too close for comfort. I know the influence of the Eye is not a constant but surely you can get the ranks of the Damned to respond to the call! You can draw inspiration from a new Codex (Khorne Daemonkin) and the FW lists in Vraks, Badab and IA13! So get down to it – the first week is gone and there are only three weeks remaining. It may seem like adequate time still, but if you let the time lapse, this time next week it’ll be red alert for you!

IMPERIAL FORCES
This may very well be the year of the IFOR. The reason? It’s not just the Guard that will take the highest portion of the burden, now the Mechanicum is also there and in great numbers. I think with those two forums leading the effort and supported by the SoBs, the GKs and the Inquisition we might see the Emperor’s forces shine and become Primus Inter Pares! BUT it’s not that easy. Right now your number 1 enemy is the HH faction that has a clear lead. At the same time the Codex, the BAs and Chaos are too close for comfort. Even the DAs and SWs could close the gap in less than a week so keep recruiting! The Mechanicum especially is expecting a new codex coming its way so that should be an extra boost!

HORUS HERESY
The Horus Heresy faction was non-existent in the first ETL, moved on to be the connoisseur’s choice in the second and developed to one of the major powers in the third. Now in ETL IV it is leading the event with some distance from the second. The HH setting has gone from strength to strength and the increasing support it gets from FW can mean only one thing: more is yet to come! Right now with 61 participants and relatively high average vow you sure like the favorites to win. But experience has shown that other factions can build-up their forces too (maybe at a slower rate) and threaten your clear advantage. If you keep the pace it is very likely you’ll come on top. Falter and it’ll remain a dream!

So until next week, keep the new recruits coming!!! biggrin.png

Recruits incoming Semper I'm about to hit up some other forums for recruits to this event;

Doing everything I can to bring great hobbyists to our ranks to help increase contributions and skillsets to inspire us and help improve everyone's skills such as Mike French from heresy 30k.

Hopefully the showcase this year is amazing

Thx guys, glad you enjoy them! :)

Recruits incoming Semper I'm about to hit up some other forums for recruits to this event;

Doing everything I can to bring great hobbyists to our ranks to help increase contributions and skillsets to inspire us and help improve everyone's skills such as Mike French from heresy 30k.

Jasp, I appreciate the enthusiasm but make sure you respect other forums' rules... If you are to do that I suggest you clear with said forums' moderating teams first. Also make sure to mention that this is your personal initiative - not a an action of the official B&C...

Semper it's all good I'm ensuring I abode by all policies and contacting authorities in regards to posting.

I'm not going to put the B&C's reputation at risk, I have to much respect for this site and the forums.

I believe the term you are looking for is Ringers :)

Well clearly it's time to split the Heresy forum up into Loyalists and Traitors. Then simply link the Space Wolves and Dark Angels into one group. :)

We'll take the Blood Angels as well and call ourselves Codex: Non-Codex.

Well clearly it's time to split the Heresy forum up into Loyalists and Traitors. Then simply link the Space Wolves and Dark Angels into one group. smile.png

We'll take the Blood Angels as well and call ourselves Codex: Non-Codex.

GAH!! SW and DA?? TOGETHER??!! tongue.png Only if they stay on their own side of the back seat, and don't touch our stuff!!

HAHA

End of Line

Can you imagine road trips if the Emperor was your dad?

"Will you two kids stop fighting back there?  Stop punching your brother!  Don't make me come back there"

Excellent roundup, Semper. Everyone knows the score now and I must say, I'm impressed with the amount of participation even at this early stage. 

Excellent recap, CAP! msn-wink.gif

I think the development of the rules, the way the initial post is laid out, the clarity of the content and the thoroughness of the first weekly update all go to show the continuing dedication and passion from Captain Semper. I for one am glad he is a member of this community, a member of the first legion and a member of the Inner Circle to boot.... shhhhh...did I mention something I shouldn't have? ohmy.png

Nice work Cap!

SG

Excellent recap, CAP! msn-wink.gif

I think the development of the rules, the way the initial post is laid out, the clarity of the content and the thoroughness of the first weekly update all go to show the continuing dedication and passion from Captain Semper. I for one am glad he is a member of this community, a member of the first legion and a member of the Inner Circle to boot.... shhhhh...did I mention something I shouldn't have? ohmy.png

Nice work Cap!

SG

blush.png Why thank you Grand Master - a mighty praise indeed! Now you mention the Inner Circle? What is this exactly? I think I've seen it mentioned somewhere before...

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/097/5/b/dark_angel_by_lordshenlong-d60swhl.png

Archived