=][= E Tenebrae Lux IV =][=

Heads up you dodgy lot ;)

I'm looking for B&C members to choose the two main colours that I'll use to paint my Nurgle Chaos Lord after I stated that "Nurgle can effectively be painted in any colours".

I have a poll running until June 30th.

Things I would like you to bare in mind:

• Do not go for typical Nurgle colour combinations. That's too obvious.
  • I often paint Slaanesh in bold colours
  • Challenge me. This is for fun after all and not for part of an army.

CAST VOTES HERE PLEASE

ETL IV - EIGHTH WEEKLY UPDATE

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2015_Poster_V1.jpg

This is going to be short due to real life time constraints - sorry…

We are now 2/3 into the event with July still ahead of us. As such it’s time to take the timing factor seriously into consideration and schedule your free time accordingly.

Some general pointers that apply for all factions:

1. Complete your first vows. A high completion rate among first vows will get you a long way to achieving a strong position.
  2. Do not overextend yourself. Remember, failing one vow is failing all…
  3. Keep an eye on completion rates – they are very important this year as the total completions will be weighted by that ratio.

Now the ETL has a cumulative 454k points pledged, but not even a third is completed. This is normal but be ready for a steep increase in completions by your rivals in this last month of the event. IFOR at this point has the largest completion rate but are closely monitored by Chaos in terms of total completions. HH is has considerably higher numbers and pretty high completion rate – and the weekly completions seem to have picked up. The BAs and the Codex are really close to each other with the DAs suffering from their low headcount following behind. The SWs have had a strong week but need to get the production running before it’s too late.

I will repeat the most important message that applied to all participants equally:

COMPLETE YOUR FIRST VOW!

Nothing beats high first vows completion, no matter the re-vowing rate or the size of the average vow. Ultimately, the completion rate (a very important metric this year) depends greatly on the first vow completions! So no more procrastination, get down to it and complete your fist vow irrespectively of size. Just do it!

And our usual reminder:

PLEASE DONATE TO SUPPORT B&C

No donation is too small – all are important and are greatly appreciated. For details on how to donate please follow this link: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/308146-yearly-board-fund-drive-begins/

Now lets see how the ETL IV looks like in this week 8:

E TENEBRAE LUX IV – Week 8
FactionParticipantsVows Points pledged Completions Rate

Codex 78 109 55,673 14,447 25.9%

Blood Angels 82 105 55,583 13,880 25.0%

Dark Angels 45 62 47,430 9,259 19.5%

Space Wolves 35 42 33,143 5,017 15.1%

Realm of Chaos 73 111 86,646 24,915 28.8%

Forces of the Imperium 85 121 73,598 25,350 34.4%

Astra Militarum 31 52 27,509 12,760 46.4%

Grey Knights 9 9 6,016 200 3.3%

Adeptus Mechanicus 35 47 35,661 11,715 32.9%

Sisters of Battle 6 7 2,606 675 25.9%

Inquisition & Agents 4 6 1,806 1,220 67.6%

Horus Heresy 95 127 102,406 32,681 31.9%

TOTAL 493 677 454,479 125,549 27.6%

So until next week, keep those completions coming!

ETL IV - NINTH WEEKLY UPDATE

So, less than a month to go…  It’s time to seriously start to wrap-up at least your first vows. Keep in mind that nothing beats a high first vow completion rate. So get focused for time is running out!

This week has been extremely productive; in fact it’s the most productive week in ETL IV so far. This is similar to last year as Week 9 was the most productive week until that point and the second more productive overall (after obviously the last week).

Now all the new Codices are out and it seems that we will not suffer any other disruption until the end of the event as the Age of Sigmar takes the attention of GW production lines.
So far ETL iV has an overall 464k pts pledged of which 149k is already complete (32%). It is very important to remember that the completion rate this year will be the weighting factor of the final result – so high completion rates will be a significant advantage in working out the Primus Inter Pares!

So let me repeat the most important message:

COMPLETE YOUR FIRST VOW!

Nothing beats high first vows completion, no matter the re-vowing rate or the size of the average vow. Ultimately, the completion rate (a very important metric this year) depends greatly on the first vow completions! So no more procrastination, get down to it and complete your fist vow irrespectively of size. Just do it!

And our usual reminder:

No donation is too small – all are important and are greatly appreciated. For details on how to donate please follow this link: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/308146-yearly-board-fund-drive-begins/

Now lets see how the ETL IV looks like in this ninth week:

E TENEBRAE LUX IV – Week 9
Codex 78 112 56,770 16,937 29.8%
Blood Angels 82 111 57,343 16,395 28.6%
Dark Angels 45 64 47,610 12,894 27.1%
Space Wolves 35 42 33,143 5,017 15.1%
Realm of Chaos 73 116 88,809 33,902 38.2%
Forces of the Imperium 85 125 76.133 27,275 35.8%
Astra Militarum 31 54 27,729 14,685 53.0%
Adeptus Mechanicus 35 48 37,571 11,715 31.2%
Sisters of Battle 6 8 3,011 675 22.4%
Horus Heresy 95 132 104,445 35,481 34.0%
TOTAL 493 702 464,253 147,901 31.9%

So let’s see this one by one:

CODEX
The Codex remains in the fourth position closely followed by the BAs. So what is the problem here… I’d say the combination of a low average vow and low completion rate (below ETL average) means they need to go to overdrive to threaten the top position. It is doable because it’s a collective effort so if there Codex Chapters come together, we may see a very different picture in Week 10. The completion rate among first vows only, stands at 27% - something that will prove crucial going forward. Raise this and you’ll be propelled to the top positions before you’ll know it! I need to sound the alarm for the Raven Guard, the Salamanders and the White Scars that have yet to report a single completion. Also the Ultramarines have only reported single completion of 190pts – or 4% of their total pledges… C’mon guys this is the last month, time is running out.

BLOOD ANGELS
The BAs are making a huge effort this year, from recruiting to pledging to completing… and it pays off – partially. The main problem here is similar to the Codex: A low average vow and a low (compared to the ETL average) completion rate. On top of that the re-vowing rate is lower to the Codex (26% vs. 30%), which means it’s more difficult for BAs to change the status quo. Completion rate among first vows though is somewhat better at 29% but as things are so close you really need to capitalize on that and boost your re-vowing rate (and if possible with vows north of 500pts). Get ready guys, this is the final run to the finish line – no time to relax – you’ve invested to much to this point to just let go!

DARK ANGELS
The lack of participation numbers begins to show as metrics are about verage but in absolute terms, the DAs are lagging both the Codex and the BAs. Where we can do better is the completion rate – this is just 27% i.e. a good 5pps behind the ETL average. Just be going to the ETL average we would be totally at par with the Codex and BAs. The focus right now should be in completing our first vow – even if there is no follow-up. With a completion rate of 28% among first vows there is plenty of room for improvement. Having said that there is quite a big pool of points pledged in the second and third vows so that’s not to be overlooked either as it carries the weight of the previously completed vows too…

SPACE WOLVES
The Space Wolves have taken a more relaxed stance to this point. They enjoy taking their time with their minis and exchange views, tips and the odd barrel of Mjod. They are using the ETL to broaden their skill and techniques through extensive interaction, which is one of the core purposes of the ETL. Having said that and despite their limited resources, a completion rate of 15% is well below the ETL average. They could easily double their completed points just by reaching the ETL average. The Completion rate among first vows is 12% - this alone shows the potential for a sharp rise of completions at any given point. Just remember, July is here and August will be upon us before you even know it!

REALM OF CHAOS
Chaos is on a winning trajectory. They are making a clear bid for the top and their completion rate is the highest of the ETL, the re-vowing rate is the highest in the ETL and their first vow completion rate is the highest in the ETL at 45%! As such, they are only 1.6k pts behind the HH – a difference that can be covered in less than a day – let alone a week. Adjusted for the completion rate, Chaos is actually ahead! However, this is the moment of truth. Can you keep up at this rate and face the HH superior resources? Can you deliver a combo of completed points and high completion rates that will keep HH at bay? Or will HH superior resources bring in their weight and keep you at bay? If you want to please your Chaos Gods, now is the time!

IMPERIAL FORCES
I’ll be frank: AdMech should do more or all is lost! The Imperial Guard has the best metrics in the game, largest completion rate at 53%, the largest completion rate of first vows at 57% and 74% re-vowing rate! They are the best in the ETL, only limited by their resources. They can do even better no doubt but how about the AdMech emulate this performance? It’s not that the AdMech is doing bad but at this point the rivalry has reached new heights – the AdMech’s 29% completion rate among first vows is nothing to write home about. C’mon you have a new fantastic range of minis and two books to choose from! You need to speed up because this is the inflection point! Chaos and HH are dashing forward – the IFOR must follow or the distance will start building up! And while we’re at it I think it’s high time for the GKs and SoBs and Inquisition to speed up too – do not let procrastination take over! Keep your faith to the Emperor and devastate your rivals in an absolute manner!

HORUS HERESY
Horus Heresy is the leader. It has the most participants and the most points pledged. It also has the most completed points in absolute terms. Here’s where the good news end. The completion rate is not that high (although higher than the ETL average) as it stands below Chaos and IFOR that has an impact on the adjusted completions – that you are now second. Your completion rate among first vows in 33% - lower vs. your two immediate rivals. I know there are some mega vows in the pipeline close to completion but even so, it’s the smaller vows that will need to be completed en masse. You have immense resources. Utilize them! And remember: if you fail in your second or any subsequent vow then all your previous vows are nullified and count for nothing!

ETL IV - TENTH WEEKLY UPDATE

Three weeks to go…  Now is the time to wrap up your first vows! 

As a reminder and as an ETL tradition, there will be no update for the last week (Week 13) as it will be replaced by the Final Report.

Week 10 has been even more productive than the previous one with a bit more 25k points completed between all factions! However this week is very important in the sense that it’s the first time that the HH dominance is challenged – and by Chaos no less! Chaos is leading the way both in absolute and adjusted points – albeit by a very thin margin. Interestingly enough, IFOR remains close to the top as the AdMech is catching up, increasing the completion rate. The high completion rate means that on an adjusted basis IFOR is no second, marginally ahead of HH. This shows how important completion rates have become this year and how important is team performance for a Faction to become Primus Inter Pares.

So let me repeat the most important message:

COMPLETE YOUR FIRST VOW!

And our usual reminder:

No donation is too small – all are important and are greatly appreciated. For details on how to donate please follow this link: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/308146-yearly-board-fund-drive-begins/

Now lets see how the ETL IV looks like in this tenth week:

E TENEBRAE LUX IV – Week 10
FactionParticipantsVows Points pledged Completions Rate

Codex 78 114 57,540 19,204 33.4%

Blood Angels 82 120 61,300 20,304 33.1%

Dark Angels 45 65 47,775 14,074 29.5%

Space Wolves 35 42 33,143 5,931 17.9%

Realm of Chaos 73 128 97,895 40,012 40.9%

Forces of the Imperium 85 128 79,313 34,375 43.3%

Astra Militarum 31 54 27,729 14,935 53.9%

Adeptus Mechanicus 35 51 40,751 18,565 45.6%

Sisters of Battle 6 8 3,011 675 22.4%

Horus Heresy 95 138 106,125 39,020 36.8%

TOTAL 493 735 483,091 172,920 35.8%

I’m sorry I don’t have the time to go to detail analysis this week given real life in Greece but the important thing to remember is: COMPLETE YOUR FIRST VOWS!

Is it a odd that around the same time every year - towards the end of the ETL - we have a server rollback?

This time it was a power failure so it can't be anything but coincidence (as opposed so say a storage or bandwidth issue) but it certainly is interesting, lol.

It's just the forum snapping because of the overpowering awesomeness of the Chaos faction, is all. ;)

Warp shenanigans.

Anyone notice the 10,000 point increase in the Chaos totals before and after the rollback? Oh, I kid, I kid....lol.

Just so people know, we have painted almost 3000 models for this so far combined (and over a chapter of marines).

We have vowed over 8000 models total so far.

(I am tracking again, and have updated till this point.)

And this is my favourite ETL statistic, no doubt. biggrin.png

Imagine the armies we could put together from all the stuff painted for this contest! laugh.png

Archived