=][= E Tenebrae Lux IV =][=

Congrats to Chaos.

A big thank you to Captain Semper for taking on and running such a massive event. And a personal thank you for forcing me to paint stuff that would otherwise remain unpaintedthanks.gif

Second place, huh? I had feared we would be off the podium from the penalties. Congratulations to the Chaos forum in retaining the title this year. You can damn well expect us to put up another hard fight next year, though. 

Congrats to all and big thank you to Captain Semper for hosting this event. :)

I don't mean to be a pain in the butt, but is there any chance of mini banners (33x100px)?

Soon. Be patient, these things take time.

We lose this year, but next ETL we will have grown stronger. The Shattered Ones will rise again as the Angels fall, the Scars and the Sons of Magnus unleashing their psychic might as the Wolves and the Custodians deliver the Emperor's justice to you degenerate worshipers of the Warp.

[Thought for the years to come: twenty consuls should bring enough points.]

WELL DONE ALL!!!

Thank you Semper for all you have done for us this year, especially in light of your hardships during this time in Greece.

Just so that everyone is aware, I have been keeping track of the 6000 or so models we have painted for this competition if you are interested in a break down of types.
It was so much fun again this year!

HAIL CHAOS!

Hidden Content
7_O_/

(/
   /\/'

​"You of all should know brother, that the defeat at Terra was but a wound to us, and that a wounded animal is the most dangerous of all...."

-unknown source-

Great motivation, lots of stuff completed, and banter all round, my first ETL has been a productive one indeed. Certainly going to change things up next year - it'll be the Fifth for the fifth, the year the White Scars get an adequate showing for once !

Who's with me ? :)

Also like to say a BIG thanks to Captain Semper and all the people who helped out with this huge event.  This was my first year participating and being a part of the board and it has been a feast for the eyes.  Jumping into each board sections etl threads and seeing so many cool models and paint jobs was a blast.  Lots of great ideas to borrow (steal) from will hopefully make my own army a little better looking and can't wait to go for three in a row next year.

Now to figure out how to put those fancy winner banners on.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to get all the completions together and take a group photo? That'd be a site to behold, t

If we get pictures of every completed vow and put them next to each other to make a super picture.. 

That'd be a heck of an undertaking in itself.

Also howdy fellow Norfolk resident.

True, but it would look epic :D

And what part of Norfolk to you hail from???

Great Yarmouth, the 'orrible bit.

Was looking forward to the idea of IFor sneaking ahead this year, maybe next year when we've got a sturdy and established Mechanicum to help us out. The Guard and Sisters have proved their zeal, the Grey Knights and Inquisition did their part too. I'd love to see Sisters get a Codex update and new models as a gift from the Emperor for their devotion, that's a stunning percentage of completions there!

We of the Guard shall be polishing our tanks and practising maintenance rites upon our lasguns. Expect to meet a wall of las-death next time, traitors. ;)

A Huge thanks to you semper, as always you did a great job and we are all very greatful, and also looking forward to see you painting up fallen angels with team chaos next year

Thank you very much everybody for all for your kind words. Your continued support of the ETL is what fuels my commitment to it too! Next year it'll be the five years anniversary so be prepared fro something special - and hopefully for something even bigger! :o

Hey Captain Semper. Just noticed you have myself and aeternis (or something similar) as 0 points under you completed vows when i know myself at least should be under Oathbreaker (again). Just thought i would let you know. Huge thanks for running the event again though. Next year i will finish. Might aim for the five vow 1500 too

Thanks, some nullified entries made it to the wrong lists but with zero points. So it was (thankfully) just optics which I now fixed. :) Thanks for the heads-up!

Cheers,Captain Lucifer.

It would help greatly if there'd be medallions of the Custos Fidei and the Primus Inter Pares Badges. Will they become available?

The medallion-style badges will be coming fairly soon. I have employed infernal entities of unspeakable power and made pacts better left unknown, but the medallions will be coming your way soon! ;)

WELL DONE ALL!!!

Thank you Semper for all you have done for us this year, especially in light of your hardships during this time in Greece.

Just so that everyone is aware, I have been keeping track of the 6000 or so models we have painted for this competition if you are interested in a break down of types.
It was so much fun again this year!

HAIL CHAOS!

Hidden Content
7_O_/

(/
   /\/'

Whaaaat? 6,000 models! That's so impressive Teetengee! Even more impressive is that you went into the extensive trouble to count them! Well done sir, thanks to you we have another statistic that shows the true size of the ETL

Second place, huh? I had feared we would be off the podium from the penalties. Congratulations to the Chaos forum in retaining the title this year. You can damn well expect us to put up another hard fight next year, though.

@Olis - How did the Liber Astartes do?

They were all over the board, but as far as I can tell they did pretty well.

Also, this was definitely the year of red, Mechanicus and Blood Angels were just massive this year, and a large portion of the Chaos victory came from the efforts of Daemonkin players and their minions of Khorne. Even the Heresy was getting in on some Bloodthirsters.

What do people think about extending the artificer award idea to each faction, so each one contributes a piece? Or perhaps even have a top 3 for each faction?

I know it's difficult to keep track of all the awesome work that goes on throughout the forum as a whole and some things must get lost in the shuffle a bit. The 3 pieces Capt. Semper has chosen are excellent and being posted up in this thread means that it's much easier for the board population to get an opportunity to see them. I think there are a bunch of models out there for every faction that perhaps warrant the opportunity for such an audience. For those who haven't visited the BA sub-forum, Tortura's Deredo with it's decals/freehand (I genuinely can't tell) really does need to be seen.

Maybe to lighten the load on Captain Semper (doing as sterling a job as he always does) the sub-forums could organise their own votes for what gets put forward?

Just spitballing.

Archived