=][= E Tenebrae Lux IV =][=

@Olis - How did the Liber Astartes do?

As of five minutes ago, the final score has been calculated. The Liber scored a really rather respectable 85.6% completion rate and a final total of 6326 points. Well done to those Liberites that finished, I'd say. :tu:

Of course, if the others who pledged for the Liber reveal they did in fact finish, then the score will be amended.

Once again, thanks to all. It's been awesome.

But the Great Crusade got off the a storming start, sweeping all before them, unstoppable with optimism and enthusiasm. Then, as the end was in sight, then Crusade faltered and eventually fell to chaos. Kind of poetic, isn't it? :)

Personally I'm not one for voting for the best to be show cased. We know who the awe guys are and everyone contributes at the level they able/willing to work to. But, in the chaos board (and the heresy one) there are showcase threads for people to post their completions or favourites if they did shed loads (12000!?!). I for one will be trawling the other boards to gaze at the glory and wonder.

Just wanted to say thanks for putting on this excellent event to all B&C Admins/Mods/etc.! I had a blast diving into the new faction and watching my fellow Tech-Priests complete some truly amazing vows. Special mention goes to CommodusXIII's Warlord Titan and our champion, Kilofix! I look forward to throwing my mechadendrites in the ring for the next ETL, and I hope everyone had as much fun with this event as I did. biggrin.png

Thanks for another fun event Captain Semper!

I wish my own participation hadn't been so lackluster once again, hopefully I'm not such a zombie next year. Most likely I will be back with the Codex Marines next year, as I reaaaally have to paint all of my Sisters sooner rather than later (which is why my lackluster participation sucks, originally I hoped to paint all of them for the ETL...), so hopefully I won't have anything left to paint for them come May 2016 tongue.png

Those who finished 100+ models:

Hidden Content
AlphariusOmegon (HH) 139 models
Chaeron (Chaos) 106 models

Augustus b’Raass (Chaos) 103 models

Razblood (Chaos) 100 models

Slave to Darkness (Chaos) 100 models

Those who finished 50+ models:

Hidden Content
Thamier (Chaos) 92 models

grand_master85 (HH) 87 models

Just4uCupCake (BA) 84 models

steve shields (Chaos) 84 models

oldschoolsoviet (Chaos) 82 models

Kilofix (IFOR-AdMech) 80 models

pompeyladBFP (IFOR-AdMech) 77 models

Scribe (Chaos) 77 models

Daemonifuge (Codex-IA) 75 models

Manaloriano (BA) 63 models

Rage of Khorne (HH) 63 models

Tanyr (DA) 60 models

Dreadclaw (Chaos) 59 models

Bearingtheword (Chaos) 58 models

jeremy1391 (HH) 55 models

JeffJedi (DA) 53 models

Flaming Walnut (Codex-IA) 52 models
Gaius Maximus (Codex-BT) 52 models

Kurama (HH) 51 models

Zujara (HH) 51 models

Frostbite (IFOR-AdMech) 50 models

libisrouge (IFOR-IG) 50 models

The highest model count in each great forum:

Hidden Content
AlphariusOmegon (HH) 139 models (although since he did not finish all vows after these, I would also like to mention grand_master85 (HH) 87 models)
Chaeron (Chaos) 106 models

Just4uCupCake (BA) 84 models

Tanyr (DA) 60 models
Wolf Lord Kieran (SW) 37 models

The highest model count in each Codex subforum:

Hidden Content

Gaius Maximus (Codex-BT) 52 models

Templar 1 (Codex-IF) 27 models

Games-Unplugged (Codex-UM) 21 models

Bmseifer (Codex-IH) 20 models

Ashmantle (Codex-SL) 5 models

Asamodai (Codex-RG) 1 model

The highest model count in each IFOR subforum:

Hidden Content

libisrouge (IFOR-IG) 50 models

Sith’ari (IFOR-SoB) 24 models

Dread (IFOR-GK) 13 models

Prot (IFOR-GK) 13 models
airinhere (IFOR-INQ) 12 models

Well guys as the forum champion for AoD (which was a shock and honour) I will continue to strive forward for our forum and am preparing for next etl

Are you getting a Tattoo!

You know what we didn't win but I have something planned for when I get back to aus so watch my blog in the AoD and there may be some ink appearing

Hey teets! I painted 103 models!

You might have missed the Aspiring Champion in my Nurgle biker squad due to the way I wrote the squad in my vow, and counted each rapier battery as one model, while each consists of the gun itself and two crew members, all three of which have their own base. msn-wink.gif

Hidden Content

1st vow: 16

Hidden Content

1 Brass Scorpion

3 tanks

2x rapier battery = 6 models

6 bikers

2nd vow: 21

Hidden Content
1 tank

5 Gal Vorbak Spawn

5 Flesh hounds

10 plague bearers

3d vow: 23

Hidden Content
10 bloodletters

10 plague bearers

3 plague drones

4th vow: 14

Hidden Content
10 bloodletters

3 bloodcrushers

1 khârn

5th vow: 29

Hidden Content
10 bloodletters

10 horrors

9 screamers

Unbelievable you even did the math in the first place, btw. thumbsup.gif

Thanks for letting me know auggie, and anyone else who has questions or corrections, I welcome them, but please do them in the creation tracking thread to not clutter this one. Thanks all! (and I see that you have auggie, so no worries there)

What do people think about extending the artificer award idea to each faction, so each one contributes a piece? Or perhaps even have a top 3 for each faction?

I know it's difficult to keep track of all the awesome work that goes on throughout the forum as a whole and some things must get lost in the shuffle a bit. The 3 pieces Capt. Semper has chosen are excellent and being posted up in this thread means that it's much easier for the board population to get an opportunity to see them. I think there are a bunch of models out there for every faction that perhaps warrant the opportunity for such an audience. For those who haven't visited the BA sub-forum, Tortura's Deredo with it's decals/freehand (I genuinely can't tell) really does need to be seen.

Maybe to lighten the load on Captain Semper (doing as sterling a job as he always does) the sub-forums could organise their own votes for what gets put forward?

Just spitballing.

Once again, thanks to all. It's been awesome.

But the Great Crusade got off the a storming start, sweeping all before them, unstoppable with optimism and enthusiasm. Then, as the end was in sight, then Crusade faltered and eventually fell to chaos. Kind of poetic, isn't it? :)

Personally I'm not one for voting for the best to be show cased. We know who the awe guys are and everyone contributes at the level they able/willing to work to. But, in the chaos board (and the heresy one) there are showcase threads for people to post their completions or favourites if they did shed loads (12000!?!). I for one will be trawling the other boards to gaze at the glory and wonder.

First off I'd like to invite people to post their completions in this thread if they want to. It is customary and very welcome! It's good to see all painting styles and the efforts of the frater in one place regardless of forums and factions. As this is the Forge all such images are welcome!

Now as regards the Badge of the Artificer: I hate it! I was considering to drop it altogether as it is subjective and ultimately unfair. Although the ones who get it definitely deserve it, I think there are tons of others that do so too. It's just impossible to account for all and I cannot defend my choices through any objective criteria. So my tendency is to phase it out rather than expand on it. I have a thankless task to make a choice where there should be no choice to be made. From a certain perspective it could be argued that less impressive technical levels should also be recognised especially if they represent considerable amounts of effort from the frater in question. The ETL is not a Golden Daemon style event and in no way I'd like it to become one. The only reason the Badge of the Artificer goes on, is tradition....

However, although the future of the Badge of the Artificer is uncertain (at its current form at least) it is up to the individual frater to make their own beauty contests if they so desire within the rules of the B&C. It'll just be something outside the ETL and will have an unofficial status (in the sense that there would be no ETL awards).

I just want to highlight here that the ETL is all-inclusive and all skill levels and painting styles are very welcome.

I did a 3,000 point vow, am I not eligible for the hero badge?

Of course you are eligible - it goes without saying. Sorry to have missed your name, I'll add it later on today. In the mean time feel free to put the Badge of the Hero in your sig - no need to wat for me! :)

So let's see those completions been posted!

Didn't paint any units this year.

Slaanesh Lord for the Divine Flayers

med_gallery_29004_10691_173910.jpg

Two Vindicators attached to the Divine Flayers

med_gallery_29004_10691_111207.jpg

And a Nurgle Lord which was an experiment with colours (and I managed to use no green)

11705711_984202051647172_103306569489466

This plinth (or elaborate base) is just stuff of genius! :tu: And pink and red Nurgle Lord? :yes: The Slaaneshi Lord must be rightfully embarrassed!

Nah, he has a Templar to tread on (who we defeated...again ;) )

Have you considered doing a gold silver bronze Artificer rank for each forum?

Or categories like Tank walker Infantry character Artificer?

I don't think it should be taken away as it helps for the die hards to improve upon their own skillsets.

After all etl isn't just hey paint up some models it's more like a motivational way of pouring your heart talent and soul into our hobby.

Archived