+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Adepta Sororitas Strategium+++

Sigh, fifth week and I haven't even had the energy to start. This is starting to look like a repeat of last year...

Chin up, I've just started priming myself. Between the relentless rain and a (lateral) promotion at work I haven't had time or energy to get much done yet myself either. But faith and determination will carry us through.

The rain here in Side 3 has continued long out of season. I'm worried about the undercoat I just applied, but I felt I had to go ahead despite the humidity. Maybe by the time I get home tonight the Emperor will have met me halfway and the finish won't be all cruddy.

Ave Imperator, I am(finally) ready to begin.

Got some work done on the Immolator today:

gallery_53134_10809_85618.jpg

I haven't done much hard outlining before, and I'm pretty sure I've yet to get the hang of it. Part of me says "it looks OK on the table" and another part of me says "paint all that back in black and start again."

Which voice should I listen to?

EDIT: also this is a phone picture run through a free online editor...

I think it's fine... If I was to make any change I'd look for a thinner line rather than a change in the shade. Form this picture it comes across as a bit blue-ish, which I like. You know, blue-black kind of feel. I don't know what you use but I find mixing turquoise with black makes for a very good and subtle highlight...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I don't like this kind of edge-highlightign flat out - it works OK for something like Tau or Necrons that have high-tech stuff with glowy lines all over it, but for an Imperial tank it just... doesn't fit the feel, you know?

Imperium stuff should be more 'beige box' and less 'custom supercharger gaming PC'.

I haven't done much hard outlining before, and I'm pretty sure I've yet to get the hang of it. Part of me says "it looks OK on the table" and another part of me says "paint all that back in black and start again."

Which voice should I listen to?

The shade does look great man and it definately works as a highlight to the black, but the lines do need to be thinner as they stand out a bit too much at the mo.

Cracking start though mate - looking forward to seeing more! cool.png

Approaching is a relative term here tongue.png Some more progress would be good to see, otherwise I'll have to write a letter to the Emperor telling him how much you don't care... laugh.png Let's see some updates on what's going on, even if it's just a sentence or two to let us know how you're doing thumbsup.gif

I will be starting my vow once I get back from Sweden, hopefully I can get it all done in a month despite how slow I paint!

Vow the second complete!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/sangapics13/2dec207b-a8fb-4380-b8ef-6aa600578304_zpsrk50ofof.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/sangapics13/ef91e27b-6992-4236-ac7f-f2019fc2750a_zpsrvllvhxr.jpg

Phew! Depending on work I may be able to squeeze a third vow in. I'll have a check on the rota tomorrow and report back! B) 

Definitely gonna have to start working on my vow this weekend! Also despite being broke I ordered an Exorcist two weeks back or so, I think it's currently waiting for me in the post office. Something extra to vow if by some miracle I get around to finishing the first vow with time to spare. Now if only I had decided how to paint my Sisters' vehicles... dry.png

Well done Sith'ari - a second vow complete! :tu: 

To the rest, keep in mind that we are effectively 2/3 down in the event - so time is now becoming an issue.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived