+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Good to see the Blood Angels faction has finally awakened from their slumber.

I will make you this challenge: If the Blood Angels can top the Dark Angels in points I will paint up an original Blood Angels Captain and post it in your forum.

Good to see the Blood Angels faction has finally awakened from their slumber.

I will make you this challenge: If the Blood Angels can top the Dark Angels in points I will paint up an original Blood Angels Captain and post it in your forum.

We'll hold you to that ;)

I, Dosjetka, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete two Tactical Squads, both with missile launcher, meltagun, lightning claw/power weapon, the Veteran Sergeant upgrade, melta bombs and attached Rhino from Codex:Blood Angels of total value 480 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is fully completed.

Thrown my gauntlet into the ring. I'll be doing everything I can to get this vow done verymad.gif

I, PallySteve, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Blood Angels Contemptor Dreadnought with Kheres assault cannon and blood fist with built in storm bolter worth 190 points, as well as a Relic Sicaran Battle Tank with lascannon sponsons worth 175 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Sanguinius and the Blood Angels, failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

IMG 20150503 241529575 HDR

IMG 20150503 241201874

You'll have to thank Jolemai for my participation as a Blood Angel for this one. His motivational/recruitment thread in Amicus and my own common sense helped me make my decision ;)

I, Grazcruzk, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following Blood Angels units: A unit of Sanguinary Guard with  four encarmine swords, one power fist, three angelus boltguns, and two inferno pistols. A counts-as Lord Commander Dante. A Sanguinary Priest with bolt pistol, Valour's Edge, and a jump pack. A counts-as Malakim Phoros. Total value: 686 points. This vow will be completed on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Sanguinius and his sons! Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

And now a few base-coated shots:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/loki114/DSC00002_zpsfypic13k.jpg

Left to right: Dante, Priest, Malakim.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/loki114/DSC00007_zpspi4oxfhi.jpg

Sanguinary Guard.

Hello Guys, I am going to take up the challenge, in fact its mostly cause I am going to make some time this summer to paint, plus I am getting the chance to play in a Campaign during the summer at my local store as well, where we will start with a 1000 point list and work gradually over 8 weeks to an 1850 point army.   Its a chance to paint as I go, and it starts in two weeks, which then gives me 10 weeks of my summer break to paint and play which in turn should help keep me motivated in painting as well.   

Since I have one unit that is midway through the painting progress, I will be finishing that up as I progress my vow models.    So if you see an extra tac squad in my WIP shots, thats cause I have already gotten them started and will be finishing them up as I finish up some of my other models.  

As for my Vow. 

I, Midnight Angel, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following Blood Angels units, Painted in my Crimson Scythes Successor color Schemes: A unit of Death Company, 10 strong with jump packs, one power fist, and two power weapons. I will also paint up a 6 strong tactical squad that consists of a sergeant with combi plasma and a plasma Cannon, as well as a Razor back transport for said squad armed with twin Linked Assault Cannon.   This small lot will also include a captain with jump pack, relic blade and storm shield.   Total value: 610 points. This vow will be completed on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Sanguinius and his sons! Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s585/Jason_Mullis/Crimson%20Scythes/ETLVow1_zpsy9er2wja.jpg

As you can see, the bases for most have been drybrushed in grey, it was as much as I have done on them, and the Razorback has been primed and given a red stripe in spray primer.   The captain still needs to have the sculpting done to his base, and well, the tac squad is still one guy short.  I have to assemble that guy completely after I go through my bitz and order a few more blank shoulder pads.    The former six man, i realized I had assembled as a Plasma gunner and well, its not legal, so I need an extra guy to fill in the ranks.  At least I have a sub for when the plasma cannon isn't needed.    I will be updating this in my blog thread, and I will add the WIP prepainted shot of the assembled marine as soon as he gets done with his time spent training in the 10th company and the techmarines finish blessing his power armor suit and weaponry.  

Also on a note, I plan to bring glory this time, as my last attempt at the ETL I failed and had to wear the badge of shame.  

Well, I've had a Sunday Funday, so let's do this:

I, Lucumon, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Sanguinary Priest and one scout from Codex:Blood Angels of total value 71 60points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to my Legion, Chapter, Successors and brothers. Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is fully completed. That shall be my penitence.

(Edit: I'm still doing the lone scout.)

gallery_22439_1100_213454.jpg

I think we all owe Jolemai a debt of gratitude. His dedication to recruitment and motivation has been second to none.

I propose granting the office of Chaplain to Jolemai, for his efforts in dedication, motivation, and fervour-monging.

I was so sad when I added AoD ETL points pledged is over 40k and we have 11-12k... unsure.png

If we can make sure to keep up our completion rates up we can still win this. Don't lose heart. Also the real point of this competetion is to get us to paint.

Behold My fellow battle brothers Aid comes to us from the knightly household of Longa Morte Necabantur they sent us the Knight Acheron Infernum Lupus to burn the heretic and xenos with its mighty Flame!

WP 20150504 00 04 40 Pro[1]

WP 20150504 00 04 29 Pro[1]

WP 20150504 00 04 08 Pro[1]

I, Ashriel, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Captain Karlaen, One Librarian in TDA, Five Assault Terminators (x5 TH/SS), Five Assault Terminators (x2 TH/SS), One furioso Dreadnought (Frag Cannon and Magna Grapple), Five Vanguard Veterans (SH&Relic Blade, LCx2, Plasma Pistol&SS, Plasma Pistol&Chainsword, Chainsword&SS) and One Storm Raven (Typhoon ML and Hurricane Bolters) from Codex:Blood Angels of total value 1330 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Angels Vermillion and the Sons of Sanguinius and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x338/Aquarium_Drinker/ETL%20IV/Vow%201/20150502_222507.jpg

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x338/Aquarium_Drinker/ETL%20IV/Vow%201/20150502_222524.jpg

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x338/Aquarium_Drinker/ETL%20IV/Vow%201/20150502_222548.jpg

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x338/Aquarium_Drinker/ETL%20IV/Vow%201/20150502_222746.jpg

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x338/Aquarium_Drinker/ETL%20IV/Vow%201/20150504_005544.jpg

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x338/Aquarium_Drinker/ETL%20IV/Vow%201/20150503_003422.jpg

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x338/Aquarium_Drinker/ETL%20IV/Vow%201/20150503_121117.jpg

Looking forward to getting this done! I hope my points values are correct, Ill double check and make sure I didn't omit or add anything inadvertently but I triple checked before posting. 

Great work Just4uCupCake - keep em coming!

I noticed in the Age of Darkness ETL chaplain mortis has pledged models that are base coated, of which I have a fair few, so I assume I can pledge mine too?

Well better do my bit, if it goes well I will do a second vow.

I, Jaymz, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one assault squad with power fist from Codex:Blood Angels of total value 195 on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory for Cretacia and all sons of sanguinius!

Failure will curse me to bear the Badge of the Oath breaker till years end.

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q628/Edmundbarton/image.jpg1_zps1cszkl2q.jpg

I, TheSauce, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Librarian Dreadnought (ML2) with heavy flamer from Codex:Blood Angels of total value 185 on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory for the sons of Sanguinius!

Failure will curse me to bear the Badge of the Oath breaker till my vow is complete.

Librarian Dreadnought

Well, I've had a Sunday Funday, so let's do this:

I, Lucumon, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Sanguinary Priest and one scout from Codex:Blood Angels of total value 71 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to my Legion, Chapter, Successors and brothers. Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is fully completed. That shall be my penitence.

gallery_22439_1100_213454.jpg

Hi Lucumon and welcome to the ETL! The BAs are definitely putting up a fight this year and I'm happy to see the ranks closing! However as it was pointed out before you can only pledge legal units - and a single scout does not cut it I'm afraid. So what I have done is to just account for the Sang Priest with the bolt pistol for 61 pts.

Good luck!

I was so sad when I added AoD ETL points pledged is over 40k and we have 11-12k... unsure.png

Do not despair son of the Angel. there are many factors that will lead to victory. The single most important one is to complete what you've said you'll do. Having smaller first vows is also a fairly good indication that there will be more re-fills as people are likely to complete the first vow and do so faster too. You don't know how this will play out, but you can do your bit and do it well... ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived