+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

@Keravnos: Those are some great looking characters and the death company are incredible. I'm guessing those are thunder hammers? They are awesome!

Thank you! The ETL has helped pour the gas on my painting  fire.  I am doing a heavy Spartan theme. Pulling from many sources. So some chain or flail Thunder Hammers seemed like a fun nod to the God of War game series. 

Seeing this flurry of activity has got me pumped!

I'm still working on my scouts, it's not helping that I'm forcing myself to paint all the magnetised options now (because if I don't it won't happen, like my furioso with an unpainted frag cannon!). Still I've done the bases, reds and blacks. Metallics next, then greens and details.

After Wednesday I hope to speed up a bit as real life is gonna cut me some slack.

Onwards my brothers!

D

I, Keravnos Take My Second Vow for  E Tenebra Lux! I vow to complete One Librarian Dreadnought, One Cassor the Damned, One Furioso Dreadnought with Melta, Heavy Flamer, One furioso Dreadnought With Blood talons, Melta and Heavy Flamer. One Furioso Dreadnought With Frag cannon and heavy flamer and finally A Furioso Dreadnought with frag cannon and melta gun. Drawn from Codex Blood Angels at the cost of 875 points on or before Aug 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal Glory to the Carnotaurs and Legacy of Sanguinus! Failure will doom me to bare the badge of oathbreaker until the year end!

Let this Herald the march of the Ancients!

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag152/Grymskull74/Mobile%20Uploads/20150601_155932_zps2d211f0f.jpg

I've gotten my Assault squad cut out, trimmed of a crazy amount of flash, magnetized, partially assembled and ready for primer tomorrow afternoon.

Apologies for the off-topic question, but can anyone explain how to have a photo show up right in the post? I am flailing and failing.

Edit: my stuff before assembly, magnets or trim.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w371/Brendanguilford/image.jpg2_zpscct6ezgh.jpg

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w371/Brendanguilford/image.jpg1_zpsmuewzwbk.jpg

Update: I just got my Stormraven Gunship, my second Baal, and my scouts in the mail. I will start building and priming tomorrow. Started light painting my Death Company Baal. Waiting for sand colored paint to finish. Did a bit of painting on my Death Company Squad. Waiting for sand to bases to be complete. 

@ Spagunk: Well done - your status is updated! Will you go for a re-fill?

Yes, I intend to. Just need to take the pictures of them. I plan on doing Squad Alphaeus. I won't opt to do the land raider to make sure I complete this vow first. If I have the time, you'll likely see a land raider added as my 4th vow.

I forgot about today's deadline!  OMG!!!

If I was still allowed to post w/o pre-condition photos - it would be that I'd build and paint:

(the total points below are estimated)...

Ming rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

1. a BA 5-man Vanguard Squad (4 Lclaws, 1 THammer, jump packs);
  2. a BA 10-man Assault squad (jump packs, melta, melta, combimelta [or grav pistiol], paxe); and
  3. Lemartes; and
  4. A Sanguinary Priest (Paxe, auspex, jump pack)

for a total value of 650 pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is fully completed. That shall be my penance.

Ming

Attached are my starting pictures.  Actually I'll be underestimating the points I think.  I'm going with dual lightning claws on the Vanguard, and the Assault squad sergeant will have an inferno pistol (can seem to find any remaining grav pistols on my sprues!).  Will finish constructing tonight, prime Thursday...On the other hand...the Lemartes model I have - all metal - might actually be a different Chaplain?  Or an older variation...

Stacking up the parts:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/157041-etl-bkb-1/

Feet and bodies glued:

The Chaplain "Lemartes"(???) 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/157039-etl-bkb-3/

Well done getting so many vows in.  Now everyone get your stuff painted to make up for my near inevitable vow failure.

How far along are they and when is your move?

Umm, models are built.  Move is in a few weeks but packing is taking a long time. 

Update: all arms and two heads basecoated Balor Brown. Shooting for all heads, weapons, grenades and purity seals basecoated and starting on bodies tomorrow. Have a good day/evening, fraters.

First squad has red done. Man, line highlighting gets tedious. It has been motivating to finally move on from reds though, and to start picking out some details.

1st vow complete. I'll post a second vow soon

Can't update your status as complete or accept a second vow before you get the pics in. Are you facing issues with uploading pictures?

I, Keravnos Take My Second Vow for  E Tenebra Lux! I vow to complete One Librarian Dreadnought, One Cassor the Damned, One Furioso Dreadnought with Melta, Heavy Flamer, One furioso Dreadnought With Blood talons, Melta and Heavy Flamer. One Furioso Dreadnought With Frag cannon and heavy flamer and finally A Furioso Dreadnought with frag cannon and melta gun. Drawn from Codex Blood Angels at the cost of 875 points on or before Aug 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal Glory to the Carnitaurs and Legacy of Sanguinus! Failure will doom me to bare the badge of oathbreaker until the year end!

Let this Herald the march of the Ancients!

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag152/Grymskull74/Mobile%20Uploads/20150601_155932_zps2d211f0f.jpg

Impressive Keravnos, most impressive! Good luck - status updated!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Cheers. Is there anything you'd like us to do and how often do you plan to update it?

A few times a week at least. There is a link on that page to the spreadsheet I am using to keep track, so if you want to check to make sure I don't forget anything that is appreciated. But for right now, don't worry about it too much. (Also, only tell me if I have it wrong, as otherwise I might get flooded with pms o_O)

1st vow complete. I'll post a second vow soon

Can't update your status as complete or accept a second vow before you get the pics in. Are you facing issues with uploading pictures?

Here's the link to my pics. http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/306948-bushman101s-etl-vow-2015/

I'm running all my pics through my tablet, which is slowly dying (hardware defect). Sometimes links or pics don't upload for various reasons (usually Force Quits)

Archived