+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

@ captain Angel: Well done! An excellent completion and a hefty follow up vow! That's the spirit and the winning strategy for the BAs! Excellent!

@ bushman: Ok, I have updated your status and another completed vow for the Sons of the Angel! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT! 

Right folks, I can understand why but we're having a quiet week it seems. How is everyone getting on with their vows?

Personally, I'm behind schedule but I've got ~ five colours left to paint on my first vow.

Per Jolemai's request. . .  here's an update:

Behind schedule, but thoroughly enjoying painting these characters: 2 termie libbies, Lemartes, and a Sanguinary Priest.  Trouble with characters is that I want to flesh out all the details and make them look great (well, at least as "great" as my ability allows). 

I am trying out some new techniques on the Librarians.  So I am a little bogged down here.  Also, there are so many details on those guys. . . 

I am tearing through Lemartes no problems.  I've painted enough black armor between DC and other Chaplains, that it's just muscle memory at this point. 

Haven't started the Sanguinary Priest, but I don't anticipate any problems there.  My first army was white, so I have a technique that I'm comfortable/proficient with.  Going to try a new technique on the vials to give it a more liquid appearance.  But that is such a small detail, I think I'll have the vials sowed up pretty quickly.   

edit: I should also give a shout-out to I Am Legion, who helped me refine my white technique.

How are my brothers progressing?

Right folks, I can understand why but we're having a quiet week it seems. How is everyone getting on with their vows?

Personally, I'm behind schedule but I've got ~ five colours left to paint on my first vow.

Not behind schedule but just haven't had the 5-6 hours needed to get my Squad Raphen done. Hoping for this Friday night.

Third Vow:

I, Spagunk, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Squad Alphaeus from Blood Angels Deathstorm Datasheet of total value 215 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_40907_9492_554082.jpg

Been working on my vow lately. The Razor's gotten more attention than the tacticals, even though I've done some slight progress on them as well. Nothing worthy a picture, though.

Getting closer....

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad309/Snorrinorrison/IMG_0125_zpsasvh2vfq.jpg

With pictures of the new assault squad in BA colours, I've decided to go with a classic approach for scribblings.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad309/Snorrinorrison/IMG_0127_zpslno7kpku.jpg

And the flamer. Pleased with the nozzles! Brazen Brass and Ogryn Flesh for the win!

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad309/Snorrinorrison/IMG_0126_zpsoyot3vl4.jpg

Almost done with the weaponry for the tacticals. Pistols and special weapons are magnetised for the "one dude" and the Sergeant. Will need some tweaks here and there.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad309/Snorrinorrison/IMG_0124_zpsntfdsafc.jpg

Alright everyone, have a good night/day!

Snorri

I'm chugging through my assault squad at a pretty quick pace (for me at least). I expect to have everything basecoated and cleaned up in a few days. Then, resin 32mm bases and details, washes and highlights. Two weeks? Maybe a little more, based on history. Once I get the airbrush out to basecoat the Vindicator I expect it will be done in a week of painting sessions.

I just finished my terminator captain my paladin the libby dread and i painted an out of competition rhino for my game im playing saturday. 

Edit: actually i just added up the points painted and I have roughly 2,000 points painted out of my 3,000 point vow. I'm ahead of schedule.

Small update. I´m painting my count as Malakim Phoros and the Death Company. I think next week i could start with the tactical squad and the whirlwind. 

My WIP count as Malakim Phoros, Lord of Ruin, Chapter Master of Lamenters.

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u573/mandaloriano/Lamenters/20150604_233553_zps2odvezkd.jpg

So I must confess I'm not as far along as I'd hoped, but so far 5 out of 9 DC are finished and three more are just awaiting a bit of detail work and should be finished. Tomorrow is the furioso and last DC, and then this weekend I should be able to finish off the characters!

I've been out of it for almost a week after we got a new puppy for the family, and I've spent my nights taking care of him instead of painting. But I'm able to paint again!

Stay zealous my brothers!

Just an update so you know I'm still here and chugging away. Scouts are coming along nicely , done the red , black and just starting the metal. I'll post a pic when I've done the unit, however I still have another 6 man squad of sternies to complete my vow...still hopeful though.

D

I'm right on track to finish vow 1 next week just waiting on a few bits for my captain mostly his iron halo and some paint one more veteran to build. I'm thinking Vow2 options right now could be a repaint on my storm raven and whatever else I can scrounge up

Got the second batch of Iron Earth on my bases, it's dried and cracky. Once I'm back from a small trip I'll hopefully plow through those and then building the DC can begin!

Second Vow is forming in my mind... Possibly a Raven and some Dreads....

Archived