+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

As one, we advance!

Folks, I realise that many of you are disappointed with the release of the new Codex: Space Marines and that many of you are aggrieved with many of the changes. However, in times of great need, our family must stick together.

Did we not hold the Imperial Palace against the denizens of the Arch Heretic?

Did our Chapter and her Successors not amass to hold Baal against the encroaching Hive Fleet Leviathan?

What I implore is that you don't lose your focus with your painting. Your motivation may have been hit but we still have much in our favour and each completion remains vital to our cause. Do it for your honour, do it for your army and do it for your Faction!

Semp, thank you! I am further emboldened going into my next vow!

Charlo: I've used purple in the past and I think it would look really great with that black/gold. I also might try a red with a coat of bloodletter over the top, it really changes the look of plain old red.

Hey all! Well, I got the red onto my sicaran and I think it looks really good. The light makes it look really yellow-y for some reason. Hopefully once I get some more done I can get a better picture.

gallery_70131_10318_1270619.jpg

Also as to the comment about my unique color scheme...that was cus it isn't the color! Just the pre-shading.

Who's disappointed? I will be posting my 2nd vow this Saturday . 

I'm off of work until the 22nd.  I suspect I should get a bit of time to get some painting in as well :-)

Just keep the brushes moving.

Figured I'd update here on my pledge! I'm mostly updating on my own thread, but this will give you an idea where I've got to - sorry about the picture quality!

http://i.imgur.com/vou9vCkl.jpg

48 models from eBay double-stripped, cleaned and refurbished - bitz from the bitz box used to replace the worst of the broken up models, unsaveable models cannibalised to make complete models and complete squads assembled. Green stuff applied to the cracks in the missile launchers, smoothed down and painted over to check the crack is sealed. Primed grey, zenithal highlighted with black undershading and white top shading. Basecoated in Mephiston Red, highlights carefully drybrushed with Tau Light Ochre. Full model glazed in Bloodletter. Pin-washed with Nuln Oil and ready for black basecoat on shoulder trims, chest eagles and weapons!

As to the bases: 48 bases each with a double-layer of cork sheet and sand. Primed black, basecoated dark grey, heavily drybrushed medium grey, medium drybrush of light grey and then very careful drybrush of very light grey. Sand was basecoated in Dryad Bark, heavily drybrushed with Zandri Dust and then lightly with Screaming Skull. For each drybrush the sand got, I hit a few random streaks onto the cork sheeting to represent dust and grime. Then used a randomised wash of 50/50 Nuln Oil and a randomised wash of Seraphim Sepia to provide more dirt and a bit more realism. The rims of the bases were then re-edged in Abaddon Black.

Taking a break today to play computer games, tidy the flat and maybe even spend some time with my wife!

Keep up the great work, brothers!

Looking good my brothers.

I'll be applying the final layers on my 5 man Scout squad tonight, then I'll be cracking on with the second unit in my pledge, a 6 man Sternguard Squad. I'll post some pics of the Scouts, on Sunday.

I'll still hoping to get a second vow in, and seeing all the great work every one else is producing is really spurring me on. Great work everyone!

D

Figured I'd update here on my pledge! I'm mostly updating on my own thread, but this will give you an idea where I've got to - sorry about the picture quality!

http://i.imgur.com/vou9vCkl.jpg

48 models from eBay double-stripped, cleaned and refurbished - bitz from the bitz box used to replace the worst of the broken up models, unsaveable models cannibalised to make complete models and complete squads assembled. Green stuff applied to the cracks in the missile launchers, smoothed down and painted over to check the crack is sealed. Primed grey, zenithal highlighted with black undershading and white top shading. Basecoated in Mephiston Red, highlights carefully drybrushed with Tau Light Ochre. Full model glazed in Bloodletter. Pin-washed with Nuln Oil and ready for black basecoat on shoulder trims, chest eagles and weapons!

As to the bases: 48 bases each with a double-layer of cork sheet and sand. Primed black, basecoated dark grey, heavily drybrushed medium grey, medium drybrush of light grey and then very careful drybrush of very light grey. Sand was basecoated in Dryad Bark, heavily drybrushed with Zandri Dust and then lightly with Screaming Skull. For each drybrush the sand got, I hit a few random streaks onto the cork sheeting to represent dust and grime. Then used a randomised wash of 50/50 Nuln Oil and a randomised wash of Seraphim Sepia to provide more dirt and a bit more realism. The rims of the bases were then re-edged in Abaddon Black.

Taking a break today to play computer games, tidy the flat and maybe even spend some time with my wife!

Keep up the great work, brothers!

you sir are my hero. I attempted this on a smaller scale last year with 23 assault marines and failed miserably!

Keep at it and do the Angel proud!

Woo. Finished the Scout squad tonight. 22 days to do the 5 man squad from my pledge date. Started working on the bases for the Sternguard tonight too.

Hopefully I'll have time for another vow by the time I finish my sternies. I'll post some pics of the scouts on Sunday.

D

I Luca Pacioli rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one drop pod (with storm bolter), 1 predator from Codex : Blood Angels of total value 35 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to my Legion, Chapter, her Successors and her for a and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is fully completed. That shall be my penitence.

gallery_78612_11015_1283802.jpg

Another small vow I'm afraid, things are very busy at the moment and I'm going to be trying some new painting techniques on this one. I'm also very slow at painting and it's a big ole model, but every little helps!

Small in terms of points maybe, but large in terms of size and work required to do it properly not to mention its usefulness on the tabletop!

Your vow is in Luca, good luck!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Second part of my second vow : the Predator.

http://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/17/80/50/96/predat10.jpg

http://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/17/80/50/96/predat11.jpg

http://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/17/80/50/96/predat12.jpg

More than the Razorback and my vow is completed.

Aub.

These models are stunning, brothers. Really inspirational work here.  Congratulations to everyone and thank you for the motivation!

Wish I could paint half as well as you lot!

Just incase you haven't watched the GW vids on painting, I would! I'm very new to the painting side of things and they taught me a lot for sure!

Vow 1 complete.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/AvengingAngel/IMG_20150614_105829_zps5gruj7of.jpg

I Brother_Angelus rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Commander Dante, Brother Corbulo, Captain Tycho (sane), Astorath, Lemartes and Mephiston (hopefully not too far along?) from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 940pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/AvengingAngel/IMG_20150412_121609_zpsdnkpzju8.jpg

Archived