+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Alreet Boys n Girls     Vow Complete

Space Marine Captain on Bike Storm Shield and Fist

First Bike Squad x2 Grav Guns

Second Bike Squad x1 Grav Pistol and a Sang Priest on Bike

Mk2 Baal Pred

CandC welcome like..... also second hand bikes, they were primed black but were not built well lots of mould lines I didnt see until i was a few coats of red in =(

I'll post vow 3 in the coming days once I prep all the models and prime em black.

Cheers guys and this ETL thing really helps me get stuff done.

Peace

Congratulations on finishing your vow! Great work on those bikes. happy.png

Thanks. I'm not that happy with em the blue on the fairings doesnt match up with all the other bikes and i forgot to drill holes in the gun barrels which just looks poo =/.

But there is always the next miniature.

Is that blue? It looked like greyish/white to me, but I suppose that's the camera. I think it worked out well, though.

As far as drilling the barrels, you can totally do that even after painting! It's really simple to touch up, too. Just a thought, but honestly it doesn't detract from the overall unit look IMO. smile.png

Yeh its White with a very watered down Telcius blue washed over it, didnt fancy highlighting each of the individual lines in the wings, although I think the outcome might have been worth it so probably should have.

As for the barrels i might just do that or its gonna bug me when i field em.

Guys this is awesome progress - and some fanatic quality to boot! I think this forum is achieving the glories of the past again! This is something you should rightly feel proud of! 

Congratulations to all! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@Captain Semper:  A couple questions...

1. May I add bits not in my original vow?  Specifically, I want to add a combi-plasma to my terminator librarian.  I did not include that in the points of the original vow.  And I don't need the points of the vow to change necessarily.  Just in the modeling process, I thought it would look cool and I wanted to include it.  I essentially want to know how rigid the WYSIWYG rules are.

2.  Can a traditionally painted Cypher model be a counts-as BA captain for purposes of the ETL?  This, of course, would follow points costing for a BA gunslinger captain, not the cypher dataslate. . .

Thank you.

Second half of the Assault Squad Complete:

20150619 132710[1]

Here is the full squad:

20150619 132834[1]

My Plasma Devastator squad ready to be primed. (had to order a new can of AP Dragon Red primer after an unfortunine accident with the last can.)

20150619 172714

also my Dreadnoughts ready to be primed.

20150619 172841[1]

Things should speed up now, i have about a month off of work.

Hello brothers and sisters! I've finished my Sanguinary Priest and that means that my first vow is complete! Next up the pictures, including the assault squad I finished earlier.

http://i.imgur.com/S2DWQhY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KhBlYiG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8g696d5.jpg

So with that done, I would like to present my second and last vow:

I Leviathus rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Furioso Dreadnought from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 130 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Hidden Content
http://i.imgur.com/ReVJvxd.jpg

@Captain Semper: A couple questions...

1. May I add bits not in my original vow? Specifically, I want to add a combi-plasma to my terminator librarian. I did not include that in the points of the original vow. And I don't need the points of the vow to change necessarily. Just in the modeling process, I thought it would look cool and I wanted to include it. I essentially want to know how rigid the WYSIWYG rules are.

2. Can a traditionally painted Cypher model be a counts-as BA captain for purposes of the ETL? This, of course, would follow points costing for a BA gunslinger captain, not the cypher dataslate. . .

Thank you.

Hey j-smuv

1. You can add whatever you like if you do not claim points for it. However if it is just a small adjustment, like a piece of wargear and you are WYSIWYG then I can allow the change in points as well.

2. Yes! :devil:

@ CorbuloDIY: Excellent work mate! Brilliant looking assault squad! :tu:

@ Leviathus: Congratulations! An excellent Sang Priest! And I see you do not shy away from a follow up! Well done mate!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Leviathus those AM look perfection, like they were lifted from the pages of our codex!

Edit:

Also, some progress:

Bodies stuck to legs, all highlighted with Dark Reaper wink.png arms and shoulders are painted and ready to glue on too. With a bit of Luck I could be making my Second Vow tomorrow! And I do so have some Tanks and Dreads that need love...

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/20150620_211731_zpsyvlvcx5p.jpg

Leviathus those AM look perfection, like they were lifted from the pages of our codex!

Edit:

Also, some progress:

Bodies stuck to legs, all highlighted with Dark Reaper wink.png arms and shoulders are painted and ready to glue on too. With a bit of Luck I could be making my Second Vow tomorrow! And I do so have some Tanks and Dreads that need love...

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/20150620_211731_zpsyvlvcx5p.jpg

I know that black is black, but what black is that base coat?

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2015_Poster_V1.jpg

Time until the ETL IV ends:

http://gifcountdown.com/atlantic-reykjavik/1438441200/ff0000/0f0f0f/aaaaaa/fdfdfd/faedad/true/europe-stockholm/counter.gif

Current breakdown of vows

Time to crack on folks!

As it stands, Chaos and IFOR are trying to pull away, but we're keep the Codex and the (soon to be) resurgent Dark Angels in check. Now is the time to strike! Now is the time to pull out the stops; get those completions finished and get those (manageable) subsequent vows registered. Those of you who are still on your first vow (and I include myself in this), find the time to get them done. We need your strength to continue our charge!

Don't let our first month fizzle out into nothingness!

Thankfully there is a lot of time remaining... im finding the new SM and DA codex's to be very disheartening...  Anyone have any suggestions to help stay motivated?

You probably read, but I posted this in this very thread when the new C:SM went live. Whilst it would be prudent to mention that our slightly more expensive units are good for the ETL ;) I realise that's not what you seek.

I have studied the leaks of both the new codices and rather than feel disillusioned or disheartened, I feel defiant. I love many of our Formations and know I can make them work. Despite my current lack of game time, I remain steadfast in my belief in my ability to defeat all enemies with our Codex (which I also think it great and have done since day one) and quite frankly, we have the best colour scheme, Primarch and community on this very forum. And the best bit, all these new Codices do is give us more toys to enhance our own army. In fact, 40k has never been better as we can use Imperial Knights, Assassins, Inquisitors, Allies, Forgeworld and any Formations necessary to get the job done. We have five Detachments and seventeen Formations of our own at our disposal and a near limitless way to construct out armies and make them unique - and that's before considering own own units unit entries.

From a painting side - and one I speak from experience - having a fully painted and finished unit is fantastic. Having a fully painted force to battle with is a sight on the table to be proud of. All that effort speaks volumes and even if you get a pasting from your opponent, you've already won one battle before the game began. Completions are worth it. Worth it to you in that it is pure satisfaction, but also to your honour in that you haven't failed us. You know, I failed my first ETL vow and whilst we are only supposed to wear our badges of shame to the year end, I have kept mine as a reminder of the shame I brought to this forum. Yes, on one hand it's an internet page where we hang out, get tips, spend time looking at pictures instead of working. On the other hand, however, it means so much more to so many and being part of a community like this is a unique and amazing way to meet new people and create new friends - let alone the sheer inspirational pieces that parade this very thread alone.

Ramblings aside, my motivation is to not let you all down, especially as I am the one leading this year's charge. If I may, what was yours originally?

Yes, the Dark Angels and Codex faction have a newer codex, or soon will. Shinier rules and detachments, Grav Cannons, free transports... The odds are stacked against us. Are these not the moments when the Angels shine? As bad as these odds are, you know what odds were worse? The siege of Terra. Three Legions against the full might of the traitors, and we prevailed. By the grace of the Emperor, we shall prevail again! There is no excuse for doubt! Doubt invites heresy! Heresy invites death! We have already exceeded expectations for this year, but that doesn't mean we can rest on our half-earned laurels! To do so would be to lose everything we have accomplished so far! The heresy rises above all other factions, but we must remember that the Blood Angels are strongest when faced with overwhelming odds and Heresy!

Finish your vows brothers! We vow! We paint! We vow again!

Edit:

Also, some progress:

Hidden Content

I know that black is black, but what black is that base coat?

Good old Chaos Black! A little bit of Abaddon Black in the places it didn't reach smile.png

Thankfully there is a lot of time remaining... im finding the new SM and DA codex's to be very disheartening... Anyone have any suggestions to help stay motivated?

Lots of threads discussing the current state of our codex on these very boards.

Take a flick through our codex at all of the glorious red, black and gold; we have the best colours of any marines, remember it!

We are Speed Incarnate, so what if they have squads of tanks? They all need to shoot at the same thing, our tanks have a bigger threat range and better reactionary movement.

Our dreads don't have four attacks? Screw it, we have the totally unique Frag Cannons and GOD DAMNED LIBRARIAN DREADS. S10 AP2 I5+ FORCE WEAPONS!

Also, so what if Vanguard Veterans got discounted PW in the new C:SM? We get SG, who, for pittance more get a 2+, rerolls to hit, AP4 shooting and look MILES cooler.

While we may be somewhat limited in the formation department, we have the Flexibility of FOUR detachments to choose from, combine and fill:

• Baal Strike Force: Shock and Awe Baby! Watch Marines Tremble as our Power Swords eliminate them before they can even strike.
  • Flesh Tearers Strike Force: You want speed? YOU GOT IT BROTHER! So Many Fast Attack Options you can run circles around your dizzied foe! Also some bombastic Warlord Traits to make your Warlord into a beast! Plus free Extra Rage!
  • The Archangels: Deathwing? Here's your Deathwing! Veterans, easy reserves, a bad ass special character and dreads! More Elite Slots than you can shake an Imperial STC grade stick at!
  • Combined Arms Detachment: HOLD THE LINE SONS OF SANGUINIUS! Tried, tested & True. Burn the foul Xenos from our Objectives with our unique Tactical Heavy Flamer and take it for your own!

Also Dante - Need I say more? The man who can and Will take out 99% of other Special Characters or Elite Squads before they can say "Retirement."

Our book may be 50 pages smaller than our Brother Angels or 90 pages smaller than the other Loyalist Legions, but it is by no means lacking.

Also: Hand Flamers and Inferno Pistols, the best ones around!

(that was a lot of fun...)

Good efforts all round, everyone. A pleasure to come back to this thread and see all the progress that's been made. It makes me feel all the more guilty about how little progress I've been able to make, though.

Paltry compared to most of you, but here's evidence I've not been wholly idle:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/6/21/723313_sm-.JPG

Looking good sock! What's your recipe for the white if I may ask?

I'm happy with my progress today, everything in my assault squad is base coated, right down to the eye lenses and blood drop gems on the helms. Just washes, highlights, details and bases to go. It gets harder to paint in the week with a busy work schedule but I would like to get them done as they'll be hitting the battlefield next weekend :)

Cheers, LutherMax.

The white is basecoat of Vallejo Game Colour Ghosty Grey followed by 3 thinned layers of GW Ceramite White and then 3-5 thin layers of Vallejo Model Colour White. If it's something like the bits above I'll wash it with watered down Vallejo Pale Grey Wash and re-highlight with thinned VMC white until I'm happy with the result. Sometimes I'll do shading with VGC Stonewall Grey and layer back up to pure VMC White, tend to save that for armour plating and characters.

I actually meant to ask you how you did the robes on your Priest. Do you highlight up to an almost pink and give a red wash to tone it down?

Archived