+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Here's my 3rd vow-

I ChaplainMikey rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Blood Angels Captain with Artificer armour, Relic blade and Jump pack from Codex:Blood Angels of total value 150pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to my Legion, Chapter, her Successors and her for a and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is fully completed. That shall be my penitence.

The pictures aren't great but I converted this guy to serve as a Captain or Praetor for my army. Looking forward to painting this one but I'm not sure whether to go for red armour or bling it up with some gold.

gallery_26383_8478_13881.jpg

Cheers,

Mike.

Hello, Brothers! I have finally finished the infantry part of my second vow and I couldn't be happier! Having never painted a termie squad the TDA proved to be more of a challenge than I expected, but now I know I can do it! LRC is next!

Anyways, here they are. Hope everyone enjoys!

DSC00001 (2)

DSC00002 (3)

DSC00003 (2)

DSC00004

DSC00005

DSC00006

Again, this is essentially a repeat from my own thread, but I have some progress to report on my vow:

http://i.imgur.com/CmWEdjol.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UyNKIrll.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bny6Zddl.jpg

Progress feels slow, but then I keep forgetting that there are so damn many models.

Getting there, step by step!

Also, for some reason the rear leg on the Sergeant in the final photo looks like it's floating. It's not. There's totally ground there. Weird.

Here's my 3rd vow-

I ChaplainMikey rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Blood Angels Captain with Artificer armour, Relic blade and Jump pack from Codex:Blood Angels of total value 150pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to my Legion, Chapter, her Successors and her for a and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is fully completed. That shall be my penitence.

The pictures aren't great but I converted this guy to serve as a Captain or Praetor for my army. Looking forward to painting this one but I'm not sure whether to go for red armour or bling it up with some gold.

gallery_26383_8478_13881.jpg

Cheers,

Mike.

BA Captain Sigismund?

Seriously tempted to make that mini for myself.

Hello, Brothers! I have finally finished the infantry part of my second vow and I couldn't be happier! Having never painted a termie squad the TDA proved to be more of a challenge than I expected, but now I know I can do it! LRC is next!

Anyways, here they are. Hope everyone enjoys!

Like these models, great job! Your technique's really showing through here - I love the crispness of your red, the brush control on the chest eagles and the shading is really lovely.

I'm curious about the storm shields and the thunder hammers. It looks like you might have drybrushed them - I'm wondering if that's the case and, if so, why?

Fahlnor, thanks for the words, brush control is something that I've been trying to work on. About the hammers and shields, yeah, I drybrushed them with ironbeard grey over black and then used asurmen blue over the top. Partly because I wanted a colder color to go with the warm red, also I've always liked to picture the hammers and shields as having a faint glow/field and then releasing a burst on impact, rather than lightning running all over them like other power weapons.

Disco Lemmy just needs varnish and basing, and the rest of the super squad are making progress. Corbs is closest, and Astorath has been shunned a bit. On track to finish these but a third vow is looking less likely.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/AvengingAngel/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150705_142630_zpsazonvtd8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/AvengingAngel/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150705_142802_zpsx12e8ynx.jpg

So now my Third Vow:

I Mandaloriano rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one count as The Sanguinor, one Furioso Dreadnought with Frag Cannon and one Death Company Dreadnought with Blood Talons from Codex:Blood Angels of total value 465 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Angels Encarmine and all Blodd Angels succeros for a and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is fully completed. That shall be my penitence.

The Death Company Draednoght will be all repainted in black for my new Lamenters army!!!

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u573/mandaloriano/Angels%20Encarmine/20150705_145138_zpsagvukddp.jpg

BA Captain Sigismund?

I really didn't realize the resemblance until you mentioned it! :P

I tried something different with the Captain and had a go at NMM. While it was a good challenge and nice to try lots of blending, I gave up and started again, this time opting for my standard red. I just couldn't get the gold to look right on the legs. I'm glad I gave it a try though because I think the torso in the pics below looks decent as did the arms (didn't get a pic of them) but it did show me that I still have a long way to go before I can paint something so advanced.

Anyway the pics of my failed attempt-

gallery_26383_8478_25433.jpg

gallery_26383_8478_19107.jpg

I expect I'll have finished the model by Wednesday night and will look through my stuff for vow 4. :)

Mike.

BA Captain Sigismund?

I really didn't realize the resemblance until you mentioned it! tongue.png

I tried something different with the Captain and had a go at NMM. While it was a good challenge and nice to try lots of blending, I gave up and started again, this time opting for my standard red. I just couldn't get the gold to look right on the legs. I'm glad I gave it a try though because I think the torso in the pics below looks decent as did the arms (didn't get a pic of them) but it did show me that I still have a long way to go before I can paint something so advanced.

I expect I'll have finished the model by Wednesday night and will look through my stuff for vow 4. smile.png

Mike.

You call that a failed attempt?! It looks stunning, do more!

Posted in BA Today too, but Contemptor Progress!

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/8dcc3965-6770-4dd1-a20f-1c8aa0536662_zpsv3ug2n3h.jpg

I have a sweet 2 and a bit weeks off coming Wednesday so hopefully I'll spend a day or two knocking out the current vow and can make some smaller ones in the interim :)

BA Captain Sigismund?

I really didn't realize the resemblance until you mentioned it! :P

I expect I'll have finished the model by Wednesday night and will look through my stuff for vow 4. :)

Mike.

You didn't Etch-a-Sketch it, did you?! It looks awesome!

I j-smuv rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 captain in artificer armor, 1 chaplain w/ storm bolter, 1 chaplain w/plasma pistol, and 1 chaplain w/ jump pack and hand flamer from the Blood Angels Codex of total value 425pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Lamenters and all the sons of Sanguinius.  Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/3/8/f/1/600_439454577.jpeg

Hope I'm not stretching myself too thin on this vow.  I think I'm playing it smart though.  The nipple captain I can get done super quickly, and the 3 chaplains are all (relatively) the same paint scheme.  I'm not getting experimental with these.  Just hope I can eek out one more vow for the BA forum.

For Sanguinius!!!

You didn't Etch-a-Sketch it, did you?! It looks awesome! 

I did. Like I say, I couldn't get the legs to work. :P

I think that NMM work looks great. I wouldn't be discouraged by that effort by any means at all. 

I'm not discouraged at all, in fact I'm really encouraged that I managed to get the torso looking how it did. I just feel I need to practice blending a lot more and also look into the theory behind painting things to look reflective rather than just copying the picture of the Sanguinor from the BA Codex. :P

Thanks for the comments, really appreciate them.

Now, back to painting my vow. :)

Got another drop pod! Updated my third vow to include it. I am hoping to complete vow 3 by next week!

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag152/Grymskull74/Mobile%20Uploads/20150706_095433_zps2799c845.jpg

Gentlemen, I'm afraid I will be unable to complete my vow. I'm having quite awful arthritis flare up in my hands, and holding the brushes is just too painful at the moment. Sorry :(

Gentlemen, I'm afraid I will be unable to complete my vow. I'm having quite awful arthritis flare up in my hands, and holding the brushes is just too painful at the moment. Sorry sad.png

All is not lost, the competition is still open after all :)

Hope you feel better soon and Semper can locate your vow... whistlingW.gif

Gentlemen, I'm afraid I will be unable to complete my vow. I'm having quite awful arthritis flare up in my hands, and holding the brushes is just too painful at the moment. Sorry sad.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Heal up Brother, where you have fallen, it was only to physical impediment and not the Black Rage. You will live to fight again for the Angel's sake!

Archived