+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

I, Boudan, again rise to the challenge of E Tenebra Lux and vow to complete One (1) Terminator Chaplain at 120 points from Codex: Blood Angels, on or before August 1st, 2015.

The Chaplain will be equipped with a storm bolter and Crozius Arcanum.

The miniature will be painted in Lamenters color scheme and livery.

Success will bring eternal Glory to the Lamenters Chapter and all of the Sons of Sanguinius; failure will doom me to bear the badge of Oathbreaker until year's end.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w371/Brendanguilford/FD2C2DFC-8529-4A10-8A6B-445D050434E0_zpsijbhq5gb.jpg

That Lamenters Vindi is sexy! Looking forward to seeing the Chaplain painted.

Here is my finished Captain-

gallery_26383_8804_2083.jpg

gallery_26383_8804_60476.jpg

gallery_26383_8804_17287.jpg

gallery_26383_8804_10640.jpg

gallery_26383_8804_6240.jpg

Ironically I painted him in a quasi-NMM red. :P Guess I just wanted to practice getting the shiny look down. It isn't perfect but I'm fairly happy with it though I might go back and fix the dark patch on the back of his Jump Pack.

Not sure what my next vow will be, I'll have a look through my stuff later and see what takes my fancy. :)

Mike.

Wow...

Edit: I want to elaborate how impressed I am with that miniature, chaplainmikey. It is crazy good; professional quality without question. I showed my wife, and she doesn't even like Warhammer.

One question: is there anything that can be done to increase the level of 'clarity' in the mechanical arm detail? It is somewhat more fuzzy that the rest of the miniature.

Again, wow! Cheers dude!

Excellent progress guys - completions and WIPs in full speed. But remember time is of essence here so let's see more of the first vows getting completed... 

@ Gaweda: Get well soon mate - the ETL is not over yet and even if you don't make it, there is always next year! :tu: (also sorry to have missed your vow in the first page - it's on now).

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I'll be working on basecoating my Vanguard squad tonight. Will get those first in progress pics as well.

Minis are looking great, everyone. Chaplainmikey That captain looks great all around but the face is amazing!

Wow...

Edit: I want to elaborate how impressed I am with that miniature, chaplainmikey. It is crazy good; professional quality without question. I showed my wife, and she doesn't even like Warhammer.

One question: is there anything that can be done to increase the level of 'clarity' in the mechanical arm detail? It is somewhat more fuzzy that the rest of the miniature.

Again, wow! Cheers dude!

Glad you like it. :)

I will at som point go back and add a thinned Nuln oil wash to the arm and see if that brings out the definition. If not then it'll get a re-paint. :)

This is where I left my Tactical Squad the other night:

http://i.imgur.com/dT3ZAa4l.jpg

I spent the last 36 hours or so thinking there's no way I can keep painting black and red and silver, so today I asked my incredible wife to pick me up some goodies in town. Result? Ten more paints which will allow me to paint yellow helmets, skin tones and leather on my models.

Following some pretty rushed painting and an even more-rushed photo, I give you some progress from today:

http://i.imgur.com/QOBIMqxl.jpg

I had to take this photo because, despite the poor quality and the fact I had literally only basecoated the yellow, these models have made me remember why I love Blood Angels. That colour scheme just makes me shiver!

:D

Onwards!

I, Lucumon, rise to the challenge of E Tenebra Lux and vow to complete one Death Company Dreadnought with Blood Talons at 135 points, both from Codex: Blood Angels, on or before Aug 1st, 2015.

gallery_22439_1100_58777.jpg

Great work on the vows/completions guys!

I'm in the process of wrapping up my first vow and hope to get started on a second soon msn-wink.gif

Here's the latest wips.

gallery_80935_10717_322573.jpg

gallery_80935_10717_824015.jpg

Keep up the great work guys!

I'm not normally a huge fan of battle damage/weather but this is pretty slick

Vow complete.

gallery_62972_9848_755670.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_21257.jpg

I Jolemai, Reclusiarch of the Blood Angels sub-forum and first of his name, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Lemartes, one twelve man squad of Death Company additionally armed with four power weapons, one hand flamer and jump packs, and one Drop Pod equipped with a deathwind missile launcher and a locator beacon from Codex:Blood Angels of total value 536 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to my Legion, Chapter, her Successors and her for a and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is fully completed. That shall be my penitence.

gallery_62972_9848_587772.jpg

WIP Thread

[Disclaimer] These were originally done a long time ago and they have been simply painted black, given Skull White skulls and a green base. Any skull-work I do involves working up from a brown base to bone (so I will be taking the white bits down to brown and working up), whilst my model's bases will eventually look like the Sanguinary Guard's bases. Just putting this here to show that I'm not cheating :)

Archived