+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Reminder:

Should you fall to the rage that burns within our hearts and subsequently fail your vow(s), the Death Company awaits. In the Blood Angels sub-forum Death Company, you will don the following banner to set you apart from your fellow frater:

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee410/TheRedThirst/ETL_2015_Banner_BA_DC-OathBreaker2_zpsle9cc1ks.jpg

Whilst being consigned to our Death Company isn't a fate you should actively seek, neither is it a form of shame. Members of the Death Company are held in stasis and at a time of my choosing, will be given a final shot at salvation; a chance to rid themselves of the madness within; to seek glory one final time; to allow us to sing songs of their deeds and greatness once more and honour their memory.

Seriously though, finish those vows!

Acknowledgement:

Many thanks to Herald of Sanguinius for the banner!

Reminder:

Should you fall to the rage that burns within our hearts and subsequently fail your vow(s), the Death Company awaits. In the Blood Angels sub-forum Death Company, you will don the following banner to set you apart from your fellow frater:

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee410/TheRedThirst/ETL_2015_Banner_BA_DC-OathBreaker2_zpsle9cc1ks.jpg

Whilst being consigned to our Death Company isn't a fate you should actively seek, neither is it a form of shame. Members of the Death Company are held in stasis and at a time of my choosing, will be given a final shot at salvation; a chance to rid themselves of the madness within; to seek glory one final time; to allow us to sing songs of their deeds and greatness once more and honour their memory.

Acknowledgement:

Out of likes!!!

Great completions so far! Now your completion rate has crossed the 50% mark - but it's not enough! There are quite a few second vows still unfinished and this may cost you dearly! so c'mon let's see some more vow getting done before it's too late!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

So, I am both elated and grieved to deliver some very interesting news. I have completed my third vow, (an Imperial Bastion with Quad Gun and Void Shield) and as I rushed to post my successes, I realized I had never taken a "before" picture of the unpainted model! Naturally I swept through my photo library, and found a picture that sort-of reveals the Bastion. 

blogger-image--104815278.jpg

Now obviously, this doesn't show much at all. I was demonstrating to a friend how one could hide Rippers behind a Barricade and Bastion to thwart an enemy attempting a massive Drop if you deployed second. In the corner of this table, they are out of Line of Sight! But sadly, this picture just shows the unpainted top of a Bastion, not the Quad-gun or Void Shield. I swear I had pictures of this, but I can't for the life of me find them. So, Captain Semper, is this sufficient? If so, then my vow is completed below. If not, then I beg that this vow be discarded entirely, as neither successful or incomplete, so as not to doom me to failure completely. 

blogger-image-595498377.jpg

blogger-image--1956514323.jpg

blogger-image--910214209.jpg

blogger-image-2117456021.jpg

Good enough! msn-wink.gif We operate in good faith here jiffy - not very Dark Angely, I know, but there you have it! biggrin.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Indeed, only faith can sustain us in dark and trying times such as these! But, how may a lowly Battle-Brother repay such generosity? Well, there's only one way...

I jifel rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Chaplain with Jump Pack of total value 105 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Cretacia, the Primarch Sanguinis, and the Imperium of Man, while failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker and to join the Death Company.

Is it a little bit late in the game to vow something? Yes! Am I risking my previous 3 vows when the ETL concludes in less than 48 hours? Yes! Will I falter in my Oath? No! Brothers, we are at the finish line! The Arch-traitors claw knocks on Terra's gate! Now is the time for courage, desperate valor, and mental fortitude of the kind which Chaos can not even dream of! We are the true Angels of Death! Let the noble sons of Ultramar look upon us and despair at out glory! Let those fools who are locked ten thousand years in the past know that we are the future! Though many forces are aligned against us, we may yet triumph! Complete your vows, brothers!

And lest there be any doubt of the pre-painted status, here is my chaplain:

blogger-image-961501309.jpg

Been working on my Mephiston Count as, really finding it hard to get an effect I want. Going for something akin to a reaper (as it's the hooded cloaked Dark Vengeance Librarian I'm using) but the librarain blue on a shoulder plate and the red hands/ feet of my chapter just sorta ruined it. Repainted most black with dark reaper hilights and some grey dry brushing to some okay effect, the nuln oil wash helping too.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/20150730_230853_zpstah2ne2w.jpg

Hidden Content

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/20150730_230932_zpsvieujuiq.jpg

Maybe I just need some bone coloured paint to bring it together....

Or at least, any ideas to get the black cloak to differentiate from the black PA?

Oh well, tomorrow is another day of painting! If I finish him I'll try and revow a cheeky vehicle or something!

Good enough! msn-wink.gif We operate in good faith here jiffy - not very Dark Angely, I know, but there you have it! biggrin.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Indeed, only faith can sustain us in dark and trying times such as these! But, how may a lowly Battle-Brother repay such generosity? Well, there's only one way...

I jifel rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Chaplain with Jump Pack of total value 105 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Cretacia, the Primarch Sanguinis, and the Imperium of Man, while failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker and to join the Death Company.

Is it a little bit late in the game to vow something? Yes! Am I risking my previous 3 vows when the ETL concludes in less than 48 hours? Yes! Will I falter in my Oath? No! Brothers, we are at the finish line! The Arch-traitors claw knocks on Terra's gate! Now is the time for courage, desperate valor, and mental fortitude of the kind which Chaos can not even dream of! We are the true Angels of Death! Let the noble sons of Ultramar look upon us and despair at out glory! Let those fools who are locked ten thousand years in the past know that we are the future! Though many forces are aligned against us, we may yet triumph! Complete your vows, brothers!

Those are some mighty big Baalite b***s you've got there jifel.... Good luck and may the Blood guide you

Reminder:

Acknowledgement:

Despite some late efforts on my part, it looks like I'll certainly be succumbing to the Black Rage this week!

A cavalcade of issues including messed up travel plans left me unable to actually paint my vow, despite getting everything built as planned. I might have managed it this week if my airbrush had cooperated sooner! In the end I only managed to get them primed with not enough time between now and more travel (woo..) to get them painted! I'll take my descent into madness and, when I'm finally not bumming about on travel a lot in two months, turn it into a nice penance thread to show off the work. Plus a death company dreadnaught or something to suit the shame I now must live with!

And so my forum brothers don't think too ill of me, I'll at least show the librarian I came up with. Still needed a bit of putty work around the death mask after this pic, of course, but on the whole I was pretty happy with how he came out. 

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae155/KHaydon10/Librarian.jpg

Best of luck to all those who soldier on in Sanguinius' name!

Nice work milkman. The more I see that new BA termie librarian, the more I want one!

D

Do it!  It's a great model.  Easily the most fun of the 10 characters I painted for the ETL this year.  Loads of crisp detail. . . 

Or at least, any ideas to get the black cloak to differentiate from the black PA?

Maybe repaint the cloak with some very dark purple hues? Purple and red are often seen together on Blood Angels, often looking good too.

Oh man what a rush I had to do to get my vow completed good thing it was a small one. With the move and misplacing my stuff and work really ramping up these guys almost didn't get finished. I hope its ok i put the first picture in with the completed picture in a single album i started and finished them today. Had to remove some shotguns to make them bolters what a mess!

http://imgur.com/a/MkGbz

Vow complete

Alright, Gentleman, I've been a busy guy today! I am proud to say that my 4th vow is COMPLETE! 

1 Chaplain with Jump Pack, as ordered!

blogger-image-194568425.jpg

blogger-image--64996831.jpg

blogger-image-1839924471.jpg

blogger-image-1790506864.jpg

You may notice that the Chaplain has a magnetized backpack, and that instead of his jump pack, my Chappy can wear a banner commemorating the heroic participation of the Blood Angels forum in this competition! Though the fight is not yet over, I am proud of the outstanding effort shown so far! 

Archived