+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Thank you once again Captain Semper for hosting once again another brilliant ETL and a very big thank you to Jolemai for rallying the troops. Also congratulations to CupCakes in obtaining not only the title of forum champion but also receiving the badge of the hero, it was well deserved. Wear them with pride Brother

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2015_Poster_V1.jpg

THE FINAL REPORT

Thanks for running this again this year Captain Semper.  I'm a little surprised at the low number of people with 5 total vows.  I figured the set up this year would encourage people to do more smaller vows.  Now to go sort out my sig... 

Yes, this was very fun. 

Thank you Semper for all your hard work, and thank you Jolemai for the encouragement. 

I am one of those painters that needs competitions to get me to actually complete anything.  It's not competitive spirit so much as it is the deadlines and social pressure.  So the ETL is a great way to paint those metal models that have been on the backburner for years.  I took the weekend off, but hopefully I can keep up the painting schedule so I can get faster and contribute at a higher level next year! 

I didn't get as much done as I hoped, but I'm happy to have participated and gotten two vows in. I may be saving up some characters for next year. Can't wait till the next one!

Anyone else feeling a second wind post ETL? Usually I'm so exhausted on painting that I don't want to look at a model for a month or two but this time I'm finding myself eyeing my assembled Death Company that didn't make it into the event...

I didn't get as much done as I hoped, but I'm happy to have participated and gotten two vows in. I may be saving up some characters for next year. Can't wait till the next one!

Anyone else feeling a second wind post ETL? Usually I'm so exhausted on painting that I don't want to look at a model for a month or two but this time I'm finding myself eyeing my assembled Death Company that didn't make it into the event...

I too am feeling that second wind. I completed two vows this year (my first ETL) but both low in terms of points. Next year I hope I can pledge some big-point units for the cause.

I want to see us in at least 3rd place next year, come what may.

As you have no doubt read, the Death Company have now been formed and they will be tasked before the year is out. However, rarely do the Death Company take to the field alone, so keep your eyes on this very sub-forum to make use of that second wind ;)

Well gentlemen it does me proud and gives me great honor to have the title of champion and hero I'm so happy as to see my months of painting pay off. COngrats to all in the ETL for just participating is good indeed. special thanks to semper and jolemai for all the hard work they put in and next year since I know what I'm getting into now... except a titan or two. i already have 2,500pts ready for next year I will slowly build up my unpainted models until they reach critical masscool.png Again thank you for allowing me to participate and ofr having this event because it was indeed A great one msn-wink.gif Cheers to all

EDIT: PLEASE IGNORE THE TERRIBLE SPELLING

I too am feeling that second wind. I completed two vows this year (my first ETL) but both low in terms of points. Next year I hope I can pledge some big-point units for the cause.

I want to see us in at least 3rd place next year, come what may.

I didn't have a huge amount of points either, although the vanguards netted more than any other squad I might have decided to build. I'm thinking next year might be a good one to add some characters to my army, in addition to whatever other elites I'm wanting by then.

As you have no doubt read, the Death Company have now been formed and they will be tasked before the year is out. However, rarely do the Death Company take to the field alone, so keep your eyes on this very sub-forum to make use of that second wind msn-wink.gif

A hint I shouldn't be starting any of the guys I primed last night?

I suspect you are OK with that gav! ;)

Alright everybody all the badges are now posted and you can find them here. From now on the ETL IV thread in the Forge will be unpinned but will remain open. If you need anything ETL related don't hesitate to PM me. 

I suspect you are OK with that gav! msn-wink.gif

Alright everybody all the badges are now posted and you can find them here. From now on the ETL IV thread in the Forge will be unpinned but will remain open. If you need anything ETL related don't hesitate to PM me.

Yep already got a Fellblade that i didnt have time for this year so that will be in the list as well as a Fire Raptor, Spartan Assault Tank etc

I suspect you are OK with that gav! msn-wink.gif

Alright everybody all the badges are now posted and you can find them here. From now on the ETL IV thread in the Forge will be unpinned but will remain open. If you need anything ETL related don't hesitate to PM me.

Yep already got a Fellblade that i didnt have time for this year so that will be in the list as well as a Fire Raptor, Spartan Assault Tank etc

I have A fellblade and painted it for this ETL gav and it is worth it. my favorite kit so far .

EDIT: also quick question for Semper If I happened to buy 3 storm eagles can I use them as counts as fireraptors for next years ETL since BA doesnt have access to storm eagles but we can use the fireraptor ? just a different variant.

Brothers - I apologize for my failure! I thought I would be able to study for the bar exam and paint...and I was wrong.  However, now that the bar is over I have free time! And can finish my vow (albeit late) and move on to more Blood Angels projects. The first of which will be my Death Company as penance for my failure

Brothers - I apologize for my failure! I thought I would be able to study for the bar exam and paint...and I was wrong.  However, now that the bar is over I have free time! And can finish my vow (albeit late) and move on to more Blood Angels projects. The first of which will be my Death Company as penance for my failure

Well thank goodness you chose to study. I've sat for two bar exams (2/2) and won't do another. Yuck!

Congrats on surviving Keeber.

Archived