+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Dark Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Fantastic work so far, let's keep the build-up going! 

Just so you know there is a "Lion and the Wolf" side-challenge I just made up! :o The Wolves have accepted and now it falls to us to rise and meet them in the field of honour. It's simple: whoever makes the most points after penalties and Completion Rate adjustments wins!

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/032/b/0/__Lion_and_the_Wolf___by_blackswordsman28.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT! 

Captain, first thank you for the ETL - I truly appreciate that effort you put in.

Secondly, can you update my total in the first post, should be 490 (the 300 was just the sub total for the Land Raider).

Thank you!

I Tygwyn rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 full RWAS (1x Sgt with Melta Bombs, 1 x Melta, 4 x standard bikers) including Multi-Melta AB and Multi-Melta Typhoon LS and a Biker Librarian from Codex Dark Angels of total value 401 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the First Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end!

Pics as promised:

ETL IV Vow #1   Before

This is the Libby Biker before priming:

Biker Libby #2

Hear the roar of the First Legion!

I Master Sheol rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a legal Deathwing detachment from Dark Angels Codex of total value 1999 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Unforgiven Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Deathwing Detachment

HQ

- Belial 190 points

- Interrogator Chaplain 170 points

Terminator armour

Mace of Redemption

- Deathwing Command Squad 325 points

Champion

Apothecary

Death Company Banner

1 x Plasma Cannon

1 x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

1 x Chainfist

ELITE

- Deathwing Knights Squad 291 points

5 Knights + 1 Master Knight

Perfidious Relic of the Unforgiven

- Dreadnought 145 points

Venerable

Plasma Cannon

Heavy Flamer

TROOPS

- Deathwing Terminator Squad 294 points

5 Deathwing Terminators + 1 Deathwing Sergeant

1 x Assault cannon

1 x Chainfist

- Deathwing Terminator Squad 294 points

5 Deathwing Terminators + 1 Deathwing Sergeant

1 x Assault cannon

1 x Chainfist

HEAVY SUPPORT

- Land Raider Crusader 290 points

Deathwing Veichle

Multimelta

The models

gallery_1218_10785_277402.jpg

WIP command squad and Belial

gallery_1218_10785_531080.jpg

I have a DWCS in the work...

Resin scibor bases ruins pattern already painted... Models only primered... FW DW shoulder pads added... Some bits from DA upgrade sprue added...

The unit is:

DW company champion with Halberd

DW apothecary

DW standard bearer with SB and CF

DW terminator with PC and PF

DW terminator with TH and SS

I am in time to enter the ETL ?

You are indeed in time, you'll need to recite the correct vow and provide starting pics and points costs to be counted. As basing is ETL-optional they can be at any stage, from primed all the way to finished and your vow will be acceptable in.

Cheers,

Jono

I'm painting already! Anyone else?

I have a few questions that didn't deserve their own thread:

1. What color do you paint jump pack straps? They have been left out of the last few codexes for some reason.

2. What color do you paint your grenades? Green? Red? Silver? Black?

3. How do you paint your Ravenwing white feathers on the bikes?

4. Deathwing Chest Eagles and Storm Bolters, do you paint them red gun and green eagle or the opposite? Another color like black gun and gold eagle?

5. I'm looking for ideas to make the turrets stand out on a Whirlwind and Razorback. Also do you use bone areas on the hull?

@ Master Sheol: You are indeed on time - people can join until June 1st! But as Jono very correctly said, you need to give us the total points' value and provide starting pics. When you have them please edit them in your post above since it is already linked to the front page. If you have any questions ask away or PM me.

@ LokisSword: Good to see you mate! I corrected the front page - everything should be in order now! ;)

@ Tygwyn: Welcome brother! None shall stand in the way of the Unforgiven! Good luck! smile.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Chpalin Lucifer rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete an Angel of redemption army from Dark Angel Codex] of total value 1860 pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the First Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

So:

Librarian

Company master with power sword

5 assault marines with power sword and plasma pistol

4 RW Black knight command squd with standard of devastation , apothecary, champion

3 RW Land speeder Typhoon: 2 MM, 1 HB

3 RW Land Speeder. 3 MM, 1 HF

1 RW Land Speeder: HB, AC

5 devastor marines 2 PC

10 DW terminators.1 HF. 8x Lightning claws

6 RW bikes, 1 plasmagun

3 RW bikes +1 attack bike. 2 meltaguns 1 MM

Total :1860 points.

gallery_404_1264_1593844.jpg

gallery_404_1264_448408.jpg

Go big or go home. biggrin.png

I'm painting already! Anyone else?

I have a few questions that didn't deserve their own thread:

1. What color do you paint jump pack straps? They have been left out of the last few codexes for some reason.

2. What color do you paint your grenades? Green? Red? Silver? Black?

3. How do you paint your Ravenwing white feathers on the bikes?

4. Deathwing Chest Eagles and Storm Bolters, do you paint them red gun and green eagle or the opposite? Another color like black gun and gold eagle?

5. I'm looking for ideas to make the turrets stand out on a Whirlwind and Razorback. Also do you use bone areas on the hull?

I am 1/3rd done with my 20 Terminators.

1. I do metal.

2. I usually do one Green and one Red to represent Frag/Krak.

3. Basecoat in Grey, then Ceramit white leaving reccesses, then White Scar highlights.

4. Yea, usually red or black gun with green eagles.

5. I usually just used decals, but I've seen white/bone used on the side recessed panels to good effect.

Cheers,

Jono

I, Dark Master rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following vehicles of total value 1090 pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the First Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Go big or go home. biggrin.png

Big you say?

Fellblade - 540

Fell Blade

Sicaran - 175

Sicaran

Predator Executioner - 150

Executioner

Fire Raptor - 225

Fire Raptor

Total 1090

DM

I SvenONE rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete The Lion's Claw from Codex: Dark Angels of total value of 730 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to The Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

The Lion's Claw consists of:

• 2x Vindicator (Seige Shield, Hunter Killer Missile, Stormbolter)
  • 10x Company Veterans (6x Bolt Pistol and Chainsword, 4x Bolt Pistol and Power Sword)
  • 1x Company Master (Bolt Pistol & Monster Slayer of Caliban, Lion's Roar, Displacer Field, and Perfidious Relic of the Unforgiven)

http://i.imgur.com/pag3ixi.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/4TVfD3Y.jpg

I've managed 6 straight hours of painting today!

I've completed 4 walls and 1 ceiling. My wife clearly didn't understand what I meant when I said I wanted to spend the day painting...

I've managed 6 straight hours of painting today!

I've completed 4 walls and 1 ceiling. My wife clearly didn't understand what I meant when I said I wanted to spend the day painting...

Be careful, brother. It is well known, that Wife-class Titan is the most powerful weapon on the battlefield. Do not unleash it's rage! :)

Welcome SvenONE - always nice to see the veterans return! 

Now, I don't want to scare you or anything, but we we are lagging behind everyone but the Wolves in terms of participants... So it's time to mobilise!

UNFORGIVEN! FOR THE LION!

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/095/d/b/dark_angels_tattoo_pendant_by_valanyonnen-d60i7ii.jpg

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Dark Rage, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one land speeder typhoon, one 5 man Deathwing terminator squad and one interrogator chaplain on bike from Codex Dark Angels of total value of 455 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Dark Angels Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/o0_Darkeh_0o/20150502_211431.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/o0_Darkeh_0o/20150502_211452.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/o0_Darkeh_0o/20150502_211505.jpg

Oh, look, it's some carrot for me to look at painting something.  

Hrmmm.  I haven't painted in a LONG time.  

Maybe (4) Dreadnoughts?  We'll see.  Last of the FW parts are ordered.  Need white primer.

Paul

Archived