+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Dark Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

I know basing isn't required. But what about decals?

Whatever you deem to be finished, qualifies as finished. In the spirit of the ETL though, if you typically do transfers, then you should do them for the ETL.

Cheers,

Jono

@ Erren: Well done - an excellent Samael just joined the fay! Take your time to decide what's next! :)

@ Liberame: The answer is similar to the bases question: a mini is ready when you say it is. You are encouraged to do them to the bestow your ability but there is no policing that. So up to you.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

What about missing shoulder pads? Am trying to gather as many winged skull shoulder pads from the ravenwing box set for my assault marines since they will be Angels of Absolution and that's a bit beyond my freehand capabilities. But its proving rather difficult to get any without spending an arm and a leg on black market bits sites so I have taken up a collection at my lgs but it will take time for me to father enough for my 10 marines.

just paint up some regular shoulder pads and only lightly glue them on (PVA). I recommend just printing off your own decals for angels of absolution, its what I ended up doing and am completely satisfied.

What about missing shoulder pads? Am trying to gather as many winged skull shoulder pads from the ravenwing box set for my assault marines since they will be Angels of Absolution and that's a bit beyond my freehand capabilities. But its proving rather difficult to get any without spending an arm and a leg on black market bits sites so I have taken up a collection at my lgs but it will take time for me to father enough for my 10 marines.

I may be able to help you out, let me check my bitz box...

Awesomesauce!

I, Erren, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Ravenwing Attack Bike Squad with Multi-Melta from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 55 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the First Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end!

http://i60.tinypic.com/2hrjuh3.jpg

Awesomesauce!

I've had a good look, but it seems my toddler has....re-organised my hobby space some-what...

Awesomesauce!

I've had a good look, but it seems my toddler has....re-organised my hobby space some-what...

Bah, that's why my wife keeps telling me that when our daughter is born all my models must go on higher shelving units... Thanks for looking tho. 

Awesomesauce!

Bah, that's why my wife keeps telling me that when our daughter is born all my models must go on higher shelving units... Thanks for looking tho. 

Yeah its a process. Firstly, things move from the table edge to away from the edge. Then from there to the middle of the table. Then from the table to a shelf, then a higher shelf, then a locked cupboard.....then you miss some....

Vow two complete, Yay!

Unfortunately it might be my last, real life is pulling me away from painting commitments. I will still get some stuff done but I can't confirm a vow. Good luck to you all in our support of the FIRST!

Anyway, confirmation pic:

19319779635_4da37a2179_h.jpg

:D

bs

Amazing progress brothers! Well done to Liberame's parade of Knights and obviously to Stobz and Cerroneth for their completions.

@ Liberame: Just a clarification: are you declaring the entire vow complete or just the Knights? (they are breathtaking btw!)

Now we have a new codex, I feel more rejuvenated to finish my minis. Question one. Is it too late to join? Question two. When is the due date?

The doors to new entrants closed on June 1st. You can still enter as  an out-of-competion entry though, which is exactly like a normal entry (i.e. you'll be eligible for the Custos Fidei if you make it) but it will not count towards the DA total... 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Awesomesauce!

Success, check P.M.

Cheers,

Jono

It will be very difficult to complete my vow. Too hot to paint and I don't have the willpower to pick up a paintbrush. I was actually waiting for the Codex to arrive and give me a motivation, but one week in the mail and still nothing... :(

Archived