Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Dark Angels Strategium+++

E Tenebrae Lux IV ETL IV ETL

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
368 replies to this topic

Liberame

Liberame

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 548 posts
Good year everyone. Start saving up for the next ETL. Thanks semper for running the event, despite personal issues

Edited by Liberame, 01 August 2015 - 06:04 PM.

ETL_2013_Forum_Champion_09_Honour.jpgETL_2013_Forum_Champion_03_DA.jpgETL_2013_Forum_Champion_10_Honour.jpgPearl_of_Ultramar_Badge_Small_V2.jpgArtisan_s_Gambit_Badge.jpgBellum_Aeternus_02_Titanis_Belli_Badge_0Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013C.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gif

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 15,271 posts

OK I updated the first page for the last time. Please check your entries and let me know if you spot any discrepancies. Only mistakes will be corrected now - no more completions are allowed. 

UPDATED FOR THE LAST TIME!

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,278 posts
Well done Sons of the Lion! A noble effort regardless of the outcome.

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gif

Stobz'z DAngles

farfromsam

farfromsam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 419 posts
Good push guys. It's heartening to see every one rally.

AngelVeto

AngelVeto

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 430 posts
Congratulations to all of The First. And thanks to Semper for running it again. Now to see the final numbers.

ETL_2013_02_Oath_Breaker.jpgETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 15,271 posts

ETL_2015_Poster_V1.jpg

THE FINAL REPORT

Edited by Captain Semper, 04 August 2015 - 06:47 AM.

TheBloodSpitter

TheBloodSpitter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 385 posts
Good job everyone! We may not have won but at least we pulled together, got some models finished, as well as beat the space wilves in our challenge! Thank you Captain Semper for running this event as well as everyone else for encouraging me to start painting!
From the Fallen
~Sapphon

Brother_Bethor

Brother_Bethor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 236 posts

I'm sorry brothers as I have failed you. Again. Next year will be better. :)

++ DEATH FROM ABOVE! ++

From death comes hope, from desolation comes new beginnings, from the stars comes DEATHWING

Pearl_of_Ultramar_Badge_Small_V2.jpgArtisan_s_Gambit_Badge.jpgBellum_Aeternus_02_Titanis_Belli_Badge_0gallery_29004_6198_9307.pngETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpg

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 15,271 posts
Well brothers that's it for this year. Although the DAs did not reach the top position the quality and output of those who completed their vows was top notch. A great collective effort that made the First proud!

I guess after being in the top positions in so many instances since 2012, finally fatigue settled in. However this can only mean one thing: renewed vigour for next year as half a decade after the first challenge of the Glorious First to all other lesser Chapters it will be time again to teach them humility and respect for their betters!

Until then make plans and plot your course of action. For in nine months the Inner Circle will return and ask for every sword and every bolster the Unforgiven can muster!

Grand Master Belial

Grand Master Belial

++ APPARITORIS DESTRICTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,858 posts

I am hoping to move to a bigger house that will let me once again participate. 

gallery_4664_5295_36672.pnggallery_4664_11830_5080.jpg

What is the terror of death? That we die, our work incomplete. But what is the joy of life? To die, knowing our task is done.

Differences of the Successors Update Project - AoA - AoR - AoV - Cons - DoC - GotC - AoVig

Brotherhood of the Angels 2012 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 Legends of the Angels 2015 DA - LA 2016 DA - LA

Spiral

Spiral

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 807 posts

I got back into the hobby too late to participate. I take a very long time to paint things and I would not have even been able to finish one squad. Perhaps for next year I'll finally order some Forge World and churn out some dreadnoughts.

Deathwing & Thousand Sons 

JeffJedi

JeffJedi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,011 posts
Thanks for running this event again this year Captain Semper! Thanks to you I have about 2k more of painted models, including an Assault Squad with jump pack that I have been putting off for at least 6 years! Considering that I have 2 more Assault squads to go, its a move in the right direction.

Its always a blast to read your break down at the end and to see all the great models by our fellow brothers.

Unforgiven, but unbowed. For the Emperor and the Lion!
Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013C.gifgallery_29004_6198_5690.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gifETL_Medal_06.gifETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifgallery_48988_15465_6032.png

Tygwyn

Tygwyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 307 posts
Will start saving up some 'expensive' models to bring the points up next year! .... Won't be doing bikes again.....

Dark Angel player for just over a year (this time - played in 2nd Ed too!)

Developing, mixed 4000 or so points, still nothing that I call "a finished Army" yet.

Always looking for a game in my local area - let me know if you are near Andover, Hants, UK and fancy playing someone easy to beat!

gallery_80718_10858_54871.jpggallery_80718_12077_7395.jpg

AngelVeto

AngelVeto

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 430 posts
Bikes made me be an oathbrewker for 2013 etl. I'm going to try and push through to finish my second company collection before the next etl so I can focus on fun models ha-ha

ETL_2013_02_Oath_Breaker.jpgETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

Tygwyn

Tygwyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 307 posts
On reflection the 'trick' is to build up points with upgrades that can be modeled, so gain points, and then painted really quickly e.g. MoR or something similar.

That's my plan anyway! Who knows, an airbrush might be a worthwhile investment during the next 9 months...

Dark Angel player for just over a year (this time - played in 2nd Ed too!)

Developing, mixed 4000 or so points, still nothing that I call "a finished Army" yet.

Always looking for a game in my local area - let me know if you are near Andover, Hants, UK and fancy playing someone easy to beat!

gallery_80718_10858_54871.jpggallery_80718_12077_7395.jpg

SvenONE

SvenONE

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,073 posts

I must admit this is my 3rd observed ETL (I lurked these forums a good long while) and 2nd participating.  I think this was a pretty respectable showing.  I think the decline in participation is pretty closely linked to that of the enthusiasm for the codex in general.  Mayhaps next year we'll be riding the wave of the new codex, if the codex out before the deadline for entry maybe we would have seen more.  

May I suggest for next year Captain Semper, a community Golden Daemon Bolter of sorts.  Each forum selects a single vow to represent it on the grounds of quality, maybe individual model or a full squad.  Those are then sent into the pool in a voting match!  There were so many good entries I'd love to vote for from this forum as well as others.

Now I can get back to focusing on playing the game!!

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_01.jpg 

ETL 2015ETL 2014  

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 15,271 posts

Alright everybody all the badges are now posted and you can find them here. From now on the ETL IV thread in the Forge will be unpinned but will remain open and the same applies for the DAs Strategium. If you need anything ETL related don't hesitate to PM me. 

Edited by Captain Semper, 10 August 2015 - 04:40 AM.

Liberame

Liberame

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 548 posts

I need a way to condense my badges, and my OCD is going nuts with how they don't match with the previous years

ETL_2013_Forum_Champion_09_Honour.jpgETL_2013_Forum_Champion_03_DA.jpgETL_2013_Forum_Champion_10_Honour.jpgPearl_of_Ultramar_Badge_Small_V2.jpgArtisan_s_Gambit_Badge.jpgBellum_Aeternus_02_Titanis_Belli_Badge_0Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013C.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gif

The Shadow Guard

The Shadow Guard

++ GRAND MASTER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,437 posts

I need a way to condense my badges, and my OCD is going nuts with how they don't match with the previous years

Ask and thou shalt receive! ....

Modular Badge System

ETL IV mini badges will be availbale by the weekend! :)

SG

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
+++ Shadow Guard +++ Keeper of the Fortress +++ Member of the Inner Circle +++