+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Space Wolves Strategium+++

Captain Semper

A quick question for the Capt., would this be acceptable for a TWC counts-as ?

med_gallery_61271_10771_851646.jpg

I need the TWC for games, however I hate the concept of marines riding wolves(failed aspirants). I'm not strictly modelling for advantage, the base size is the same and the Fen Wolf is to justify the extra attack and wound. They will be a little more expensive points wise than Wolf Guard on bikes and Fen Wolves thats why I wanted to run this by you first. No pressure, I will abide by whatever ruling you make.

Good God. That's so simple...

Here I am trying to scheme a non-derpy way of representing TWC that doesn't break my green stuff skills for ages, then this roles in. Leaves me feeling like a right numpty I didn't think of it. Of course, I now need to borrow this idea...

Also this may actually save a ton of dosh and enable people to make a lot more twc units for their money. Hats off to you mactire lol. If I ever use this idea in a similar way I'll write a dedication in runes on the base to you. Lol

Well, a bit of advice from your friedly Member of the Inner Circle:

You have a decent amout of points pledged so far. However you have the smallest amount of participants which it turn translates to the highest average vow in the ETL so far (well above 1k pts). What you really need to do is recruit, recruit, recruit!

The first month of the ETL is about getting people in, worry about vow size and completion rates later. I cannot stretch enough how important it is to increase your numbers.

On Friday I'll be posting the first weekly update and I will have a more analytical approach. But for now the important thing is to build up your numbers.

Remember, the ETL welcomes all paitning styles and ALL SKILL LEVELS! Don't be shy - it is a good opportunity to exchange ideas, get tips and try new things!

:)

MAKING A VOW

Upon the hammer of my ancestors, I will complete this first vow or suffer the shame of eternity. 

4 Thunderwolf Cavalry (2 claws, 2 shields, 1 fist) (255pt)

5 fully magnetized TDA (will point as void claws) (240pt)

Magnetized TDA generic HQ (will point as WGBL) (90pt)

10 Grey hunters with CCW and 2 melta (180pt)

10 grey hunters with CCW and 2 plasma (190pt)

Grand total of 955 points.

Not only will they be painted, but all of my warriors will be named as well. 

Pictures (I will add more tonight)

TDA for the ETL vow

Grey hunters for the ETL vow

I make my vow for the Space Wolves

Wolf Guard Battle Leader 165
Runic Armour
Jump Pack
Frost Blade
Storm Shield
Wulfen Stone

Blackhair 1

Wolf Priest 135
Runic Armour
Melta Bomb

Brother Willibsld 1

Wolf Scouts x5 99
Camo Cloaks x5
Sniper Rifle x4
Missile Launcher

2015 05 09 19.03.06

Bits for this part should be in this weekend.
Rune Priest 120
Runic Armour
Psychic Hood
Mastery 2

Skyclaws x7 115
Flamer x2

2015 05 09 19.03.51

Skyclaws

Should total out to 634

Edit: added pic

New recruits! Excellent! Good luck to both the new Wolf Lords that joined - keep up Sons of Russ, this is the time to further bolster your ranks! On Friday the first weekly update will give you a clear indication of where you stand, but for now just focus on getting more participants in!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Gemini rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 5 Thunder hammer and Storm shield Terminators to be used within the Arjac's Shieldbrothers formation. As my Land Raider is already painted the point cost is as a 5 man TDAWG squad appropriately armed at 280 points. One Ulrik The Slayer at 145 points and a Long Fang Ancient and a base Long Fang at 15 points each for a total of 455 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to The Allfather, Russ, and Vlka Fenryka while failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until years end.

Edit: Added a base long fang to complete the unit, Thanks Wulfgar! THEN AGAIN to add my 'Before' picture to my vow.

http://www.mrackley.com/etl1.jpg

I Gemini rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 5 Thunder hammer and Storm shield Terminators to be used within the Arjac's Shieldbrothers formation. As my Land Raider is already painted the point cost is as a 5 man TDAWG squad appropriately armed at 280 points. One Ulrik The Slayer at 145 points and a Long Fang Ancient at 15 points for a total of 440 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to The Allfather, Russ, and Vlka Fenryka while failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until years end.

Brother, you can only do codex legal units. Thus if you want to make a long fang ancient.. You need to get a few more in to make a legal long fang pack msn-wink.gif

@vykryl. I am so using that powersword/frostsword idea you got going on there. Looks awesome.

Donkalleone will rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Vow I :

Donatar (Arjac) 115 points

Ulthus (Ulrik): 145 points

RunePriest : 120 points (RA/ML2/Hood)

5 Greyhunter (1 Special) : 85 pts

Sicaran : 180 points (LC + Dozer)

Total: 645pts

PICTURES (to mnake sure "none" are missing)

http://i.imgur.com/T4VNvsu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Yii7AKt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ifu71LDh.jpg

Motivational posts? 

20150505_223235.jpg

With these wolf claws, what more motivation could we possibly need? We are Sons of Russ! If a fenrisian like me can get a wolf claw effect like that to work, you can do anything! 

Yeaaaaaaa, keep it cracking lads (and lasses of course).

@qwarsh41 ... Those claws look really good. Perhaps we can use them to spill some DA blood(paint) this year.

I Daevohk rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following units from the Vlka Fenryka on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to The Rout and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Vow 1:

Imperial Knight Crusader - 425pt

5 Fenrisian Wolves - 40pt

5 Wolf Guard Terminators TH & SS - 240pt

1 Bjorn the Fell-Handed - 220pt

Total: 925

Pre-pic for Knight/wolves/Bjorn: http://imgur.com/UdkbI6L

Post pic for wolves: http://imgur.com/LHYpuq7

Post pic for Knight: http://imgur.com/a/nxWEE

Even though my diy chapter is not related to the SWs in fluff whatsoever, the SW dex is the one I'm using atm and hence I pledge my brush to your noble cause.

I Son Of Thunder rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a unit of TWC (5 strong, 2 THs, 1 Wolf Claw, 2 SS) from the Space Wolves codex of total value 310 on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Sons of Thunder and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

May the Emperor guide my brush and steady my hand!

gallery_75871_10814_145419.jpg

gallery_75871_10814_199132.jpg

Archived