+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Space Wolves Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Hail honored brothers,

I gave any brother I had closer contact with a pm, who didn't already join up. Looking at you Torin and Pedrogsz

Is there not another brave soul of the Hearthworld out there, willing to join his brothers for the Glory of Russ against all odds set about us?

If so, we will suffice, but if you read this and hear our call, make yourself known brother!

ETL IV UPDATE

Quick update on the Wolf Lord

Hidden Content
gallery_54596_9024_458981.jpg

First coat of paint on and just waiting to dry. Hoping to get it up to the old space wolves grey in tone once I am finished.

Here is the little bits that are being painted separately

Hidden Content
gallery_54596_9024_493197.jpg

Again, apologises for the the awful photos but I will take better quality ones once he is finished.

Angrypants

I, Viddar, shall rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux IV, and vow to complete a pred with autocannon and heavy bolter side sponsons for 95 pts. on or before august 1st.

Success will bring glory to Russ, and the Allfather. Failure will doom me to bear the badge of the oathbreaker.

pred

Meant to get this posted much sooner, but the arrival of a new update sprue has me excited, worried about my wallet, and needing to rework a few models.

If I complete this vow before I get the new bits (getting ready to move), can I post some of the pictures of some models I'm working on that I Intend to put the bits onto? Just curious cause painting helps me relax and its hard to make an order when your preparing to move cause something always comes up, and I'd only be waiting on shoulder pads, and a back pack for canis. 

@ Sigmund: Congratulations on your completions - and a fantastic conversion to boot! Any plans for a follow up?

@ Viddar: Welcome back! :tu: Look forward for the follow ups too!

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2015_Poster_V1.jpg

LESS THAN 12 HOURS FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS TO JOIN!

Updated to this point!

Alright-- I'm a bit rushed at the moment, but just to make certain I get in on this:

I, Ironwulf, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following units  from Codex Space Wolves:

Wolf Priest Sternhammer, Guardian of the Lost
110pts

Rune Priest Thorvald
60 pts
Plasma Pistol 15 pts
Psychic Mastery Level 2: 25 pts

I will complete these models, for a total value 210 points, on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Russ and the Allfather, yet failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

("Before" Pics will follow soon, sometime later today.)

Update: Here's my "before" pic…

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee226/kplumb1/40k%20Space%20Wolves/2015-06-02%2005.14.45.jpg

I, Brother Crazywolf, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete

Three Wolf Guard Terminators with power fists and stormbolters

One Wolf Guard Terminator with chain fist and storm bolter

With a total value of 177 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Space Wolves and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

*pics to come when I have time to get to a computer and camera.

DSC 2373 Web

*just a quick shot of my models before I start working on them.

Ok, finally an update! (I got a little distracted painting some necrons)

My Void Claws are done! (I can get a pic with the back camera thing painted if needed, just took the pic a bit early)

gallery_62858_10800_361621.jpg

My grey hunters are on the way!

gallery_62858_10800_704068.jpg

That is 240 points of my Oath completed!

=][= E TENEBRAE LUX IV =][=

gallery_27176_8461_79162.jpg

=][= THE DOORS TO NEW PARTICIPANTS ARE NOW CLOSED =][=

This is a snapshot of where we stand at this point (not a proper update):

E TENEBRAE LUX IV – June 1
FactionParticipantsVows Points pledged Completions RateCodex 78 94 49,643 8,754 17.6% Blood Angels 82 89 48,320 5,894 12.2% Dark Angels 45 56 43,065 6,947 16.1% Space Wolves 35 38 30,884 2,245 7.3% Realm of Chaos 73 85 65,628 8,531 13.0% Forces of the Imperium 85 106 65,605 10,885 16.6% Horus Heresy 95 112 96,155 19,860 20,7% TOTAL 493 580 399,300 63,116 15.8%

Hail brothers,
let's keep our charge momentum and try and add to it still. I'm always leaving inspired when I pass by here.
Here's the next two completed Wolfguards of my vow:

TDA Wolfguard

TDA Wolfguard

TDA Wolfguard

I'll try and put the completion rate up a notch.

I, Wulvenblut, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete two Venerable Dreadnoughts armed with Blizzard Shields and Fenrisian Great Axes and equipped with Smoke Launchers from Codex: Space Wolves, for a total value of 300 points on or before August 1st, 2015.

Success will bring eternal glory to Thorstein Helrider's Great Company and death and suffering to the enemies of the Vlka Fenryka. Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbraker until the end of the year, but such thing will not be allowed to happen. 

Pictures will be uploaded tomorrow, when I prime the models. 

I was planning on starting earlier, but I live in one of the far regions of the world and the delivery service decided to take their time. Once I complete this I will try to vow Murderfang and a Wolf Lord on TW, but I can't make any promises because the deadline for my thesis is near.

For Russ!

Edit: Here are the initial pics. Sorry about the quality, I don't have a proper camera. I'll get better pictures when I finish my vow. 

http://i58.tinypic.com/357eyaf.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/2vi5zr9.jpghttp://i60.tinypic.com/2dsgrqt.jpg

And here it is, my 1st vow completed!

http://i57.tinypic.com/14kcnwz.jpg

Time for a second one.

I, Wulvenblut, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Murderfang the Curseborn from Codex: Space Wolves and a Wolf Lord in a Thunderwolf, equipped with Runic Armour, a Storm Shield and the Krakenbone Sword from Codex: Champions of Fenris, for a total value of 360 points on or before August 1st, 2015.

Success will bring eternal glory to Thorstein Helrider's Great Company and death and suffering to the enemies of the Vlka Fenryka. Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbraker until the end of the year, but such thing will not be allowed to happen. 
As before, pictures will be uploaded as soon as possible, when I prime the models. 

A lot of activity in the Fang! 

@ mactire: no one doubted you brother! Great progress there - and a quite demanding vow has to be said! :tu:

@ Bulweih: Lovely work! The white shoulder pads especially... Absolutely stunning!

@ Wulvenblut: And we have a completion - and a re-vow to boot! :woot: Well done  Wulvenblut - you keep the pace! Nice work on the colours too - personally I prefer the grey over the archetypal blue-ish grey. :yes:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Damn, Bulweih very good painting. I wish my edge highlighting was that clean. Any tipps?

That's easy- he copied what you do with you vehicles! Great painting all around brothers, I hope to be showing my progress next week. What little time I have had has been eaten up with wet blending practice for my Krakenbone sword.

Damn, Bulweih very good painting. I wish my edge highlighting was that clean. Any tipps?

Hail brothers,

thanks mate, appreciate it.

As far as tipps go, I seldom use the tip of the brush, instead I try to hold the model in the right angle to slide the side of said brush along the edges. It might not be as easy as brother rgr_maddog suggests, but practice makes perfect. Also, you can always go back and correct a shaken/crooked line with a steady hand and some armor color.

Hope that helps some, if questions remain, feel free to ask.

Archived