+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Space Wolves Strategium+++

Captain Semper

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2015_Poster_V1.jpg

THE ETL IV IS OFFICIALLY OVER!!!

This is the official close of the ETL IV. No completion will be accepted beyond this point. You are free to post comments, pictures or questions but no further completions will be accepted. Also please check the first page of your Strategiums to see if your entries’ status is correctly represented.

THE DOORS HAVE CLOSED!!!

gallery_27176_8461_79162.jpg

Now I will compile the results, update the first page in all the Strategiums and prepare the Final Report which may take a couple of days.

Congratulations to all who participated, this has been epic!

Next year... I'm gonna go bigger. And work my ass off lol well done to everyone who completed their vows. Those who didn't,don't worry,I only finished mine with a day to spare.. And it was a teeny vow!

Aye! Next year we shall be better and bigger brothers!

First time for me. And i must say i like this event alot. I may not have finishedy vow as much i like due to real life. But it is done.

to all those that entered, complete or not, great work!

OK I updated the first page for the last time. Please check your entries and let me know if you spot any discrepancies. Only mistakes will be corrected now - no more completions are allowed. 

UPDATED FOR THE LAST TIME!

Congrats everyone! Loads of people who did much much more painting than me, but this has definately got me more determined to get my great company actuallly finished this year (famous last words).

I failed miserably early on when a new job and painters block happened at the same time. My congratulations to those of you with more time and will power than myself!! Well played, guys!! Next year, I'm vowing the smallest thing I can!! HAHA

End of Line

Brothers and sisters, 

we have little to be proud of here. We've let down the Aett and our glorious history by coming in last place. even behind the dress wearing traitors.
even my vow, at 3k, is the least among the Heroes of each subforum.

I hope we can muster a better showing next year.

WLK

Brothers and sisters, 

we have little to be proud of here. We've let down the Aett and our glorious history by coming in last place. even behind the dress wearing traitors.

even my vow, at 3k, is the least among the Heroes of each subforum.

I hope we can muster a better showing next year.

WLK

On the contrary, I'm very proud of several things! I learned new techniques, mastered old ones, and love my new models :)

True, I hope we have a better showing next year, but only so that more of our brethren can share in the satisfaction.

Be proud, brave sons of russ, for you have completed 317 models even though few in number. This surpasses any of the chapters of the vanilla space marines, even those who proclaim great zeal. It is true that your numbers are small, but those who did participate are surely worthy of honour.

I for one am proud to have participated, completed vows, finished units that I now can now field (because there had better be a DAMNED GOOD REASON an unpainted model hits the table with my army), expanded my Great Company and most importantly was honored several times through the event.

If there is ONE thing I'm disappointed with it's that it rained, literally, almost every day during the event preventing me from priming anything. In fact one attempt to forge ahead left me with several models requiring days soaking in 'The Vat of Shame' to dissolve the horrid effects of too much humidity.

Knowing this event even exists will help me be better prepared before it starts next summer.

What do we learn from this and how do we do better next time? Always the question, always!

Have to agree. For our #'s, we did well all things considered IMO. We couldn't ask for a better Champion than WLK who along with several others help motivate each other over the event & has been said, new things learned & painted models to existing armies. Well done all IMO.

Let me share my views on this.

The ETL is both about collective and personal achievement. Although the friendly competition element makes this a lot of fun, it is not the only goal. The goal is to motivate people to paint their minis and possibly become wiser and improve their skills in the process. It also serves as a platform to increase interaction between the frater within individual forums and the wider B&C community. From this perspective we are all from the same side.

However, what I think the WLK is referring to, is the fact that the ETL has not inspired the SW community to the extent that it has other forums - hence the low participation and ultimately the low score. Because in the end of the day, the only thing that keep the Wolves from threatening the top position is lack of participants. The ones who do participate are as committed as any other forum with completion rates pretty similar to the other factions. In fact you had higher completion rates than the Codex, the Blood Angels and the Dark Angels. And come to think of it, you were pretty close to all other factions as well (bar Chaos that stood apart this year). Could it be that the B&C SW community has fewer active members? or could it be that this particular mix of frater are not as focused on the painting/modelling aspect of the hobby and rather more in the gaming or lore? Don't know.

What I do know though is that the Blood Angels forum also suffered from low participation in the previous ETLs (similar to the SWs) but this year jumped to 83 participants (only three less than the IFOR and 10 less than Chaos). This alone secured them fourth position despite having the lowest completion rate in the ETL. What I'm saying is that if the SWs get their numbers up and given their track record of large average vows and reasonably high completion rates they will be challenging the top position easily. So the question is not how committed those who participate are, but how many actually join the ETL.

Those who participated and especially those who completed their vows, have every reason to be proud. It's not those who took up the brushes that are responsible for the low score but those who didn't!

So the challenge is, will next year, in the half-a-decade anniversary of the ETL be the SWs year? Remember, the BAs did it this year while other, traditionally more active factions, run out of steam like the DAs and the Codex. It's not going to be easy as other forces have emerged to prominence like IFOR (with the aid of the new AdMech) and HH but then again, who wants easy? Not the Wolves I bet! ;)

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o704/jby405/Space-Wolf-Omnibus1_zpscbf035e9.jpg

I'm definately going to work on pulling my finger out next year. This was my first ETL ever and i'm glad i managed to finish my vow at least, even if it was tiny.

As mentioned by Blod .. Small vow's but more of them is a good idea for people who know they havent got as much time as others. Next year i will probably try a few vows between 500-800 points.

smile.png

I think you're right Cpt. Semper. Activity on the SW forum has slumped I think compared to last year and has taken its toll. I came back to the rout a little too late to participate unfortunately but will definitely be around for next year for sure.

Archived