+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Adeptus Mechanicus Strategium+++

OK the Ad Mech is building up great momentum - it even rivals the might of the Guard! :o

Well done guys and keep the recruits flowing in!

How many points is a warlord titan? That thing is HUGE!

All in good time... msn-wink.gif

Going by GWs official, albeit out of date, rules for the Warlord (Apocalypes, 5th edition), it would clock in at 2,500 points. That's regardless of weapon options, a Warlord is always 2,500 points no matter it's armament.

Hopefully that's of some help to you Captain smile.png.

Oh, I'm aware of that... but there are other considerations too. ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Heretek Red Skullz rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

1 Knight Errant,

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a607/tomkristians/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1440_1_zpsjlzacuyq.jpg

and

A Skitarii force consisting of 10 Vanguard, 10 Rangers, 5 Ruststalkers and 2 Onager Dunecrawlers

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a607/tomkristians/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1412_zpsbegajwnx.jpg

for a total value of 1100 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Mechanicum in general and the Fallen Forge in particular and failure will doom me to service as a menial servitor until the year-end.

points on or before August 1st, 2015.

I Cactus rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 5 sicarian infiltrators with taser goads, flechette blasters and an infoslave skull, and 5 skitarii rangers with two transuranic arquebuses and an omnispex from Codex: Skitarii of total value 320 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Omnissiah and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end and thereafter be condemned to life as a servitor fit only to clean your brushes.

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb440/Cactus-/ETL%20IV/DSC_0031_zpskmedttms.jpg

Edit - Vow complete!

Hidden Content

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb440/Cactus-/ETL%20IV/Skitarii%20Rangers_zps4jahaqde.jpg
http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb440/Cactus-/ETL%20IV/Sicarian%20Infiltrators_zpswksgbf5v.jpg

I Bob1142 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 5 sicarian infiltrators with taser goads, flechette blasters and an infoslave skull, 5 sicarian infiltrators with taser goads and flechette blasters, 5 skitarii vangaurds with two plasma calivers and a taser goad and an onager dunecrawler with neutron laser and cognis heavy stubber, an additional cognis heavy stubber and a cognis manipulator from Codex: Skitarii of total value 650 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Omnissiah and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Before Picture

039 zpsb19nif6a

Oh no! Another Unforgiven lost to the Mechanicum! :P

Impressive stuff brothers this is really gaining momentum here! Good luck to all!

Good luck to all - let me tell you that the Ad Mech may become the leading element of the IFOR this year!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hi guys,

I'm currently undecided as to if I should vow my Dark Mechanicum here in the Mechanicus forum or for Chaos as counts as IA13 Lost and the Damned units. The Skitarii can rewally work either way, however the deciding factor it seems is the fact that I have a Decimator and 2 Contemptors to paint which I wanted to vow for this.

And so I wanted to ask a question before I vow so if you wouldn't mind giving your ruling here Captain Semper it would be most appreciated.

From the previous vows, it seems as though the Mechanicum Thanatar costs about 240 points.

Would it be possible to vow my 2 Contemptors and Decimator as counts-as Thanatar so I can vow for the Mechanicus (I'm hoping to vow here as it is what is currently holding my interest most)?

Before your judgement, here is my case for doing so:

If fielded as Contemptors, they would cost between 265 and 295 respectively whilst the Decimator would cost about 205 for a total of 765.

Whilst if fielded as Thanatar at 240 each they would cost a total of 720 (so around the same cost but at a loss of 45 points so it is not working in my favour to 'count as').

I would also argue that both the Thanatar and the Contemptors/Decimators require the same amout of work (perhaps more so in the case of the Contemptors as one is a HH Word Bearers Contemptor whilst the other is the Mhara Gal so there is a lot of detail on these models).

Thank you for you time in considering this as it will help me decide where to vow

Would it be possible to vow my 2 Contemptors and Decimator as counts-as Thanatar so I can vow for the Mechanicus (I'm hoping to vow here as it is what is currently holding my interest most)?

Keep in mind that if you vow for the Imperial Forces faction trough the Mechanicum, you can vow units for any of the following codices :
  • Codex: Adepta Sororitas
  • Codex: Skitarii
  • Codex: Cult Mechanicus
  • Codex: Astra Militarum
  • Codex: Militarum Tempestus
  • Codex: Grey Knights
  • Codex: Inquisition
Plus any 30k Mechanicum units - and, I assume, dataslate Assassins?

I'm pretty sure they could be counted as Dreadknights if Tanatars is not an option, no? o.Ô

+ Edit : I almost forgot I came here with the intent of pledging to the Mechanicus...

I, Player 404, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a unit of 10 Rangers and a unit of 5 Infiltrators from Codex: Skitarii of total value [+++ redacted +++] on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Adeptus Mechanicus Forge World Incaladion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

* Hopefully this introductory pledge would be sufficient to make up for my failed oath last year. I thus would not countt it for the ETL, and hopefully any further pledges afterwards could count.

Since I haven't gotten started on the army yet, I'm still unsure on a force identity, so simply pledged as the AM; hopefully this is adequate too?

+ Edit 2015-05-14 - Added force identity to my pledge

Edit - Scratched my Assassins from the Vow.

My Vow 1 is as follows:

Skitarii (300pts):

Onager Dunecrawler (Neutron Laser +Hvy Stubber +Cognis Manipulator +Smoke Launcher)

Onager Dunecrawler (Neutron Laser +Hvy Stubber +Cognis Manipulator +Smoke Launcher)

30K Ad Mech - Taghmata HH3 (1180pts):

Archmagos Draykavac (+Abeyant)

Castellax

Myrmidon Destructors (1 Conversion Beamer, 1 Irad Cleanser, 1 Volkite Culverin)

Mechanicum Land Raider

Knight Magaera (+Hekaton Siege Claw)

Edit - "Before" picture below:

17187245679_15140bbf70_z_d.jpg

Edit - Complete

17536415465_ca80dce33a_z_d.jpg

Semper can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that although we are all in the "Armies of the Imperium" Faction, AdMech is a separate Strategium. I don't think we all mix for the purposes of ETL - there's a list of approved Codices for AdMech, and beyond that I don't think it counts. I've seen similar quandries in other Strategiums.

OK, let's take things one by one:

@ Apostle of the 30th Host: In principle this is doable. A bit unorthodox but doable. However I'd like to discuss further so send me a PM to sort this out.

@ Player404: When you get the points total please edit them in and give me a heads-up (a post here will suffice) so I can update the first page.

Note however that for IFOR there is no option to jump from forum-to-forum, even though they are in the same Faction. There are a number of reasons for that - I'm not going to expand on them now - but you need to stick to just one Forum. You cannot do Guard and Grey Knights - you have to make a choice! Although the IFOR forums stand together, this is purely for the Mechanics of the ETL - not because the factions are interchangeable. The IFOR is not a uniform Faction - they stand together but also they stand apart. Have a look at the table below (hopefully this will help clarify things):

E TENEBRAE LUX IV – Forums and Factions Summary Table
 Faction  Forums Defining CodexOther associated CodicesCodex Codex: Space Marines and ALL its sub-forums Space Marines Legion of Damned, Clan Raukaan, Sentinels of Terra Blood Angels Blood Angels Blood Angels none Dark Angels Dark Angels Dark Angels none Space Wolves Space Wolves Space Wolves Champions of Fenris Realm of Chaos Chaos Space Marines, Chaos Daemons, The Lost and the Damned Chaos Space Marines , Khorne Daemonkin & Chaos Daemons Black Legion, Crimson Slaughter Forces of the Imperium Adepta Sororitas Adepta Sororitas none Forces of the Imperium Adeptus MechanicusCult Mechanicus, Skitarii none Forces of the Imperium Astra MilitarumAstra Militarum, Militarum Tempestus none Forces of the Imperium Grey KnightsGrey Knights none Forces of the Imperium Inquisition & Agensts of the ImperiumInquisition Offiico Assasinorum data slate Horus Heresy Age of Darkness ALL Horus Heresy books out of Forgeworld none

@ Kilofix: Good to see you joining the AdMech mate! Good luck with your vow! Unfortunately, Assasins belong to the Agents of the Imperium forum (which is merged in the Inquisition Strategium for logistical purposes). So I'm afraid they are not a valid entry for the AdMech - sorry. I have updated the first page excluding the Assassins - let me know if you're ok with the points depicted. 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

OK, let's take things one by one:

@ Apostle of the 30th Host: In principle this is doable. A bit unorthodox but doable. However I'd like to discuss further so send me a PM to sort this out.

@ Player404: When you get the points total please edit them in and give me a heads-up (a post here will suffice) so I can update the first page.

Note however that for IFOR there is no option to jump from forum-to-forum, even though they are in the same Faction. There are a number of reasons for that - I'm not going to expand on them now - but you need to stick to just one Forum. You cannot do Guard and Grey Knights - you have to make a choice! Although the IFOR forums stand together, this is purely for the Mechanics of the ETL - not because the factions are interchangeable. The IFOR is not a uniform Faction - they stand together but also they stand apart. Have a look at the table below (hopefully this will help clarify things):

E TENEBRAE LUX IV – Forums and Factions Summary Table
 Faction  Forums Defining CodexOther associated CodicesCodex Codex: Space Marines and ALL its sub-forums Space Marines Legion of Damned, Clan Raukaan, Sentinels of Terra Blood Angels Blood Angels Blood Angels none Dark Angels Dark Angels Dark Angels none Space Wolves Space Wolves Space Wolves Champions of Fenris Realm of Chaos Chaos Space Marines, Chaos Daemons, The Lost and the Damned Chaos Space Marines , Khorne Daemonkin & Chaos Daemons Black Legion, Crimson Slaughter Forces of the Imperium Adepta Sororitas Adepta Sororitas none Forces of the Imperium Adeptus MechanicusCult Mechanicus, Skitarii none Forces of the Imperium Astra MilitarumAstra Militarum, Militarum Tempestus none Forces of the Imperium Grey KnightsGrey Knights none Forces of the Imperium Inquisition & Agensts of the ImperiumInquisition Offiico Assasinorum data slate Horus Heresy Age of Darkness ALL Horus Heresy books out of Forgeworld none

@ Kilofix: Good to see you joining the AdMech mate! Good luck with your vow! Unfortunately, Assasins belong to the Agents of the Imperium forum (which is merged in the Inquisition Strategium for logistical purposes). So I'm afraid they are not a valid entry for the AdMech - sorry. I have updated the first page excluding the Assassins - let me know if you're ok with the points depicted. 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I'm good with that.

It was the "A participant cannot change Faction during the event" line that was initially throwing me off. It should probably have been read "....cannot change Faction or Sub-Forum during the event". But I understand it now.

Yes, I hear you... But it's only true for the IFOR though. Chaos can do that (i.e. vow for marines and daemons interchangeably) and the people from the Codex faction can change from one Chapter Tactic to another... But given B&C rules I cannot have people showing and discussing say... GK in the Imperial Guard section for example. And this is not the only reason... it's complicated :rolleyes:

If you want to discuss this further PM me...

The clanking and whirring I hear must be the Mechanicum mobilising for way. When the Machine God moves the ground indeed trembles! This is fantastic stuff, keep the vows coming and more importantly let's see them completed! :D

Note however that for IFOR there is no option to jump from forum-to-forum, even though they are in the same Faction. There are a number of reasons for that - I'm not going to expand on them now - but you need to stick to just one Forum. You cannot do Guard and Grey Knights - you have to make a choice! Although the IFOR forums stand together, this is purely for the Mechanics of the ETL - not because the factions are interchangeable. The IFOR is not a uniform Faction - they stand together but also they stand apart. Have a look at the table below (hopefully this will help clarify things)

Ahhh, sorry Semper, I had misinterpreted the folllowing line :

IMPORTANT NOTE: Although in principle I’d like to allow people to pledge for any of the forums interchangeably, the logistics attached to that is just too much. So if participants vow for any forum within the faction they cannot leave the forum for another even if they fall within the same faction.

That one had me believe I could pledge and laint anything that belongs to the IFOR faction, but would need to post everything under the AM banner...

Sorry for the confusion!

I Mippie rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 5 Skitarii Vanguard with 1 Plasma calvier, 5 Skitarii Rangers with 1 Transuranic Arquebus, 1 Onager Dunecrawler with neutron laser, smoke launchers and cognis manipulator, 1 Onager Dunecrawler with Phospor heavy blaster, Cognis heavy stubber and smoke launcher, 1 Onager Dunecrawler with Icarus array, cognis heavy stubber and smoke launcher from Codex Adeptus Mechanicu Skitarii of total value 599pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Omnissiah and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

ETL IV - start

So everyone, I have finished building my sicarians, and I have the extra torso to use. I was wondering if anyone had a creative way to craft an extra pair of legs. I'm thinking of making this guy into a Magos Secutor (counts as inquisitor) 

To this end, Captain, would the above discussion mean I could not pledge said counts as inquisitor in my lux pledges because he would technically be taken from a "different" faction?

@ mippie: Welcome - and good luck! smile.png

@ Player404: Please edit in the total points once you calculate them and let me know so I can update the front page.

@ marshall Egregorius: I'm afraid so. Well, it's technically the same faction but a different forum... In case of the IFOR you cannot jump from forum to forum - even if they are in the same faction. You can always do him as out-of-competition... It will certainly be a morale booster for the Inquisition forum...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ Player404: Please edit in the total points once you calculate them and let me know so I can update the front page.

Sorry, was waiting on my models and copy of the codex to arrive...

Let make that pledge again :

I, Player 404, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete, worth 395pts from Codex: Skitarii, on or before August 1st, 2015 :

- A unit of 10 Rangers (2x Arquebus; Omnispex; C.Field)

- A unit of 5 Infiltrators (C.Field, Skull)

Success will bring eternal glory to the Omnissiah and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

@ mippie: Welcome - and good luck! smile.png

@ marshall Egregorius: I'm afraid so. Well, it's technically the same faction but a different forum... In case of the IFOR you cannot jump from forum to forum - even if they are in the same faction. You can always do him as out-of-competition... It will certainly be a morale booster for the Inquisition forum...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Roger that. I have an alternative conversion in mind with most of the same parts making a magos dominus from the new book, which would count.

All righty! :)

Things are falling into place here.

@ Player404: thank you - the first page is updated! 

@ marshall Egregorius: Good... Ingenuity is the Mechanicum trademark! :D

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Apostle of the 30th Host, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

2 Thanatar (Chaos Contemptor counts-as) - 480
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131944296@N02/16755713454/

8 Skitarii Vanguard (as I have already painted two as test models) with 2 Plasma Calivers and an Omnispex - 152
17377906421_a7afb817ef_n.jpg

5 Skitarii Vanguard with Arc Pistol, 2 Arc Rifles and an Omnispex - 105

5 Skitarii Rangers with 2 Transuranic Arquebuses - 115

*The following box that just arrived will be split in half and make 2 units of 5.
17190436998_96a36e1a68_n.jpg

5 Sicarian Ruststalkers (the Princeps is my converted Dark Magos to make a legal unit of 5 as I had already painted one as a test model) with Prehensile Dataspike and the Omniscient Mask - 190
16757944673_e4e790d061_n.jpg 17236603355_fc4afd2974_n.jpg

From Codex: Skitarii (and whatever Horus Heresy book the Thanatar is in) of total value 1142 on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Mechanicum of Ghalmek and their Word Bearers allies, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Archived