+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Adeptus Mechanicus Strategium+++

Congrats Kilofix they look great. :tu:

Thanks man. Just waiting on the Kastalens to come out then will probably be pledging 6 Thallax, 4 Kastalens, 2 Datasmiths, 3 Ursarax, a Thanatar and a Magos Dominus, next in the same Ryza scheme.

Good quality Kilo. I am just done with the glueing part of the base. Next comes the individual scultping of all the bloody broken ends of the twigs and roots. Good thing I have some time today so I can be done with it and move on to magnetising arms and remodelling the head.

After that it will be priming time ;)

Looking good mate. Just check your points of vow in comparison to the value Capt Semper put in the vow list. There's a slight discrepancy the vow is 1480 and it's listed as 1330 so were down by 150 pts!

That Warlord by itself should win us some kind of special honors, IMO. biggrin.png

Come to think of it, is there any history of folks completing a Warlord-Titan (scratch built or otherwise) in the previous ETLs?

Neve there was a Warlord Titan in any ETL. There were Warhounds and Reavers but never a Warlord...

This is a beautifully smooth orange Kilofix - not an easy task on single miniature let alone on an entire army with pieces of this size! :o

Congratulations and good luck with your follow-up!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

P.S. Maybe you should join the Cult of Orange! Kurgan will be happy! :P

Man, I love that Ryza paint scheme!  If I weren't such a sucker for red contrast, this would be my easy second choice.  Great work completing that oath, Kilofix!

If I wasn't such a DIY lunatic I'd do Ryza. The colour scheme piqued my interest the moment I saw it so I knew it'd be good. At least in the hands of a good painter ;)

Now we're seeing all the awesome details from the Cult book I hope to see some more vows appearing. To truly serve the Omnissiah you'll need to get your tools and brushes out! :lol:

Actually, the reason I did Ryza was because I had never painted orange ever before, lol.

Previously I'd already done Daemonkin in red and HH Deathguard as well as Everspiral DE in white so I was kind of tired of that.

Glad it did turn out good, and thanks for the compliments. Can't wait to do the Kastelans (when they come out end of week) and my Thanatar in Ryza. I'm tempted to maybe get a Triarios too for a later Vow cause it's got good surface area for more orange.

Btw, my orange is just a few thin / watered coats of GW Jokaero Orange.

Edit - What is this Cult of Orange and Kurgen?

Actually, the reason I did Ryza was because I had never painted orange ever before, lol.

Previously I'd already done Daemonkin in red and HH Deathguard as well as Everspiral DE in white so I was kind of tired of that.

Glad it did turn out good, and thanks for the compliments. Can't wait to do the Kastelans (when they come out end of week) and my Thanatar in Ryza. I'm tempted to maybe get a Triarios too for a later Vow cause it's got good surface area for more orange.

That right there is the essence of the ETL! You took the opportunity to start something new, something outside your comfort zone and it paid off big time! Well done again! thumbsup.gif

Well Kurgan is the board Admin - surely you knew that? Check out his signature... msn-wink.gif

That right there is the essence of the ETL! You took the opportunity to start something new, something outside your comfort zone and it paid off big time! Well done again! :tu:

Well Kurgan is the board Admin - surely you knew that? Check out his signature... ;)

Yeah I know Kurgen but I didn't know about his Cult of Orange. I'll have to see if I can get a 'membership' to it, lol.

I'm wondering if i shouldn't wash the coats of my sktarii now, because I am also using jokaero orange.

I didn't wash my vehicles. I did do really thin line washes into the folds of my Infantry using Reikland Fleshade.

I'm wondering if i shouldn't wash the coats of my sktarii now, because I am also using jokaero orange.

I didn't wash my vehicles. I did do really thin line washes into the folds of my Infantry using Reikland Fleshade.

I used sepia on my infantry. i may just use base jokaero orange for my vehicles.

You can see the infantry i have in my blog, Ryza Ascendant

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/306597-ryza-ascendant-a-blog/?do=findComment&comment=4018592

RUNNING OUT OF STEAM HONOURED MAGI?

SHOW YOUR STRENGTH FOR THE TIME IS NOW!

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/270/1/3/adeptus_mechanicus_by_cribs-d4b4afs.jpg

I Basswave rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 squad of sicarian infiltrators, 2 Vanguard squads (x3 plasma/arc rifles and Omnispex), 1 Ranger squad (x3 TA and omnispex), 2 Onagers (Neutron laser, cognis heavy stubber), 3 Dragoons, and 1 Knight Paladin with a total value of 1505 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to House Beaumaris and the Omnissiah. Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

For the Omnissiah!!

[pics incoming]

I finally received all the models I need for my first two vows, but with my college semester coming to an end in a week, I'm a bit overworked at the moment... Assembly and paint is to come as soon as my last paper has been handed in, however.

Vow 2 - 2405 points - Done.

Ad Mech Codex:

Kastelan Maniple (+Twin Heavy Phosphor x 2, +Heavy Phosphor x 2)

Kastelan Maniple (+Twin Heavy Phosphor x 1, +Heavy Phosphor x 1)

Kataphron Destroyer (+Heavy Grav Cannon x 3)

Kataphron Destroyer (+Cognis Flamer x 3)

Taghmata Omnissiah (HH3):

Thanatar Battle Automata

Thallax Cohort (+Melta bombs x 3, +Heavy Chainblades x 2, +Multi Melta x 1)

Thallax Cohort (+Melta bombs x 3, +Heavy Chainblades x 2, +Multi Melta x 1)

Vorax Battle Automata (+Addtnl. Vorax x 2, +Irad Cleanser x 3)

Myrmidon Secutor (+Phased Plasma x 3)

Triaros (+Smoke Launcher)

Taghmata Omnissiah (HH3 referencing HH2):

Heavy Bolter Tarantula (+Addtnl. Tarantula x 2)

Legio Cybernetica (HH2):

Magos Dominus (+Volkite, +Rad Cleanser, +Machinator Array)

Magos Dominus (+Servo Arm, +Rad Cleanser)

Kastelans and Tarantulas:

17759065361_6b9c9abaec_z_d.jpg

17854702576_a151fe84a8_k_d.jpg

Thanatar and Triaros:

17875697066_42376a628d_z_d.jpg

17728627259_7efd0acad8_k_d.jpg

Dominus x 2, Vorax x 3, Kataphron x 6, Thallax x 6 (heads are in a pile in the LR corner), Secutors x 3 and an OoC Scribe that snuck in there somehow:

18033624866_661d309328_z_d.jpg

18187673941_e7e17a1628_k_d.jpg

Archived