+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Adeptus Mechanicus Strategium+++

Yup ill think ill buy 2 boxes at least.. I think the shootier ones are just about ok.. If you do the math's hammer against basic Marines they come out on top in the end because of twin linked and 6s doing extra 2 hits and 2 5+ saves. But ill never use them competitively. I have a tourney in July so going to base next vow about that once vow 1 is done

At this point I'm just sick of doing these models. I'm ready to start painting anything else!

Mate, whats your sticking point?... if its the vanguard then do a little bit on the Infiltrators as a reward or just something different then get back to the vanguard when you feel a bit refreshed or less annoyed with em tongue.png ,THIS is the point where vows falter...change it up and push through( well that's what i'm doing to combat the annoyance msn-wink.gif ) i got sick of the vanguard so i moved onto the rangers then base coated the Onager then switched back to the Van Alpha...now im nearly finished the rangers i'm looking fwd to getting back to the Van troops.Thats why i vowed 3 things at once so i can switch between them to stop boredom happy.png

stay strong Vel"Cona devil.gif

Mithril

I ,Marshal Xin rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 ten man Skitarii Rangers and 1 ten man Skitarii Vanguard from Codex:Skitarii of total value 450 Pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Forgeworld of Mars and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Rangers: Omnispex, 2 Transuranic Arquebus,1 Arc Rifle. Alpha: Arc Maul,Arc Pistol

Vanguard:Omnispex, 2 Plasma Caliver, 1 Arc Rifle. Alpha: Arc Maul,Arc Pistol, Conversion field

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j274/dragoon2005/20150525_111933_zpsqwfpe3ra.jpg

Vanguard done! Gotta get assembling those spindly Sicarians now. I really wish GW had done more work to make the cloaks on Skitarii/Sicarians join up a bit better. Green stuff away!

Also, thanks for the encouragement, guys! Discipline is probably the hardest thing to maintain when painting, especially with all these fantastic time-wasting electronic diversions. geek.gif

Update: Sicarians assembled, added to first Vow. Vow #2 incoming! biggrin.png

Got a lot of painting done over the long weekend, and my vanguard and Rangers are now ready and only need to be based. Hoping to have that done by this weekend and then I'm done with vow 1.tongue.png

17926861368_ac1a7256c8_z.jpg

=][= CONTRIBUTE TO THE B&C =][=

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2015_Poster_V1.jpg

The B&C has embarked on its yearly fund raising effort. If you want to support the site please DONATE.

I korban rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete an Ironstrider Ballistarii with Cognis autocannons, an Onager Dunecrawler with neutron laser and cognis heavy stubber, extra cognis heavy stubber and a cognis manipulator (and 1 vengeance weapon battery with Battle cannon from Codex: Skitarii of total value 285 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Omnissiah and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Before:

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk236/korban606/Mechanicum/Vow.jpg

After:

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk236/korban606/Mechanicum/Vow1%20Complete.jpg

As long as you don't pass the priming stage there's nothing wrong with that Vel, means you're ready to leap into it as soon as you finish your first and can make from a nice break from painting so you can return to your models refreshed smile.png

Keep the tracks trundling and the cybernetic legs stomping everyone biggrin.png It would be nice to see a few more completions racked up too (and follow up vows!).

Keep the tracks trundling and the cybernetic legs stomping everyone biggrin.png It would be nice to see a few more completions racked up too (and follow up vows!).

...Working on it Chief msn-wink.gif

Mithril

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb440/Cactus-/ETL%20IV/DSC_0080_zpsdwxupiny.jpg

WIP of my vanguard squad. Legs are done, coats are done, torsos and heads need some highlighting and washes. The forges will shut down now for a few days scheduled maintenance. Work on the guns and backpacks will commence as soon as possible.

Archived