+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Adeptus Mechanicus Strategium+++

Hot water, near boiling - I take a mug full of water and microwave it for 2-3 minutes.  Dip the piece in and quickly bend it to shape.  You have about 3-5 seconds before it cools and hardens again.

Yeah was doing that. Problem is that it has to be a very precise angle and twist to get both ends of the belt to connect and I just couldn't get it exactly right. Then taking too long twisting it around I snapped a couple. Oh well....

Hrmmmm...  Well, it's a bit complicated but you could use the hot water method to get it into the general shape.  Glue one end of the belt in place.  Then get an eyedropper and drip boiling water (being very careful not to scald yourself) onto the belt while bending it to fit the other attachment point.  You should wait a day between each step - water, glue, water, glue - or you'll have a rather nasty reaction between them.

@ Red Skullz: blink.png What is going on here? This is too awesome for words... You must have invested your time heavily on this one and it shows! You must be rightly proud!

Thank you Captain! I did take my time. Uncertain on how many hours in the end but the results makes it worthwile. Luckily I have 3 more knights inbound cause this one was a lot of fun :)

Hrmmmm...  Well, it's a bit complicated but you could use the hot water method to get it into the general shape.  Glue one end of the belt in place.  Then get an eyedropper and drip boiling water (being very careful not to scald yourself) onto the belt while bending it to fit the other attachment point.  You should wait a day between each step - water, glue, water, glue - or you'll have a rather nasty reaction between them.

Yeah, that sounds like what I'll have to do later. Thanks!

I....am going to have to drop out of this. I'm truly sorry, but I am really not a fan of the Skitarii anymore. The Rangers/Vanguard are ok, if somewhat repetious, but the Dragoons/Ironstriders killed me. I have never had a more fiddly model to assemble. Ever.

So I traded all of my Skitarii for Harlequins.

*Dies of Heresy*

This is the second Ranger unit and the final part of my first vow!

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/flammen_panzer/IMG_0104_zps3hvogwkf.jpg

So, without any further ado, onto my second vow for ETL IV!

I, Frostbite, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete; 1 unit of 3 Kataphron Breachers worth 150pts and 1 unit of 10 Skitarii Vanguard worth 200pts, for a total of 350pts, from Codexes Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii, respectively, on or before 1st of August. Success with bring eternal glory to the Omnissiah and the Forge World of Lucius, while failure will curse me to wear the badge of the oathbreaker until the end of the year.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/flammen_panzer/IMG_0105_zpsq85ojwb9.jpg

edited for total points cost.

This is the second Ranger unit and the final part of my first vow!

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/flammen_panzer/IMG_0104_zps3hvogwkf.jpg

So, without any further ado, onto my second vow for ETL IV!

I, Frostbite, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete; 1 unit of 3 Kataphron Breachers worth 150pts and 1 unit of 10 Skitarii Vanguard worth 200pts, for a total of 350pts, from Codexes Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii, respectively, on or before 1st of August. Success with bring eternal glory to the Omnissiah and the Forge World of Lucius, while failure will curse me to wear the badge of the oathbreaker until the end of the year.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/flammen_panzer/IMG_0105_zpsq85ojwb9.jpg

edited for total points cost.

congratz on a successful conclusion. how were the kataphrons to build?

Oooooh. Looking back at my vow 1 now. I see that I have not included the extra boxes of Skitarii I bought (after the vow was made). I have like 1500 pts unpainted Skitarii. Gawd... Well this is easy now. 

Just need to finish 5 rangers, 5 vanguards, 1 Onager and 1 Balistarii now :D Thought it was something like 25 Vanguards and 15 rangers... Yes I went nuts and bought a lot of Skitarii. Its a future plan of mine. 

I, Malus Trux, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Sicarian Infiltrator squad, 2 Sicarian Ruststalker squads, 4 Ranger squads, 2 Vanguard squads & 1 Ironstrider squadron from Codex: Skitarii; Magos Calleb Decima, a Navigator & a Thallax Cohort from Ordo Reductor (HH1) and Gerantius from Codex: Imperial Knights (WDW) for a total value of three thousand points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to House Beaumaris and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

EDIT: Forgot the before pics

Skitarii

5 Sicarian Infiltrators, Infoslave Skull, Phase Taser

5 Sicarian Ruststalkers, Dataspike, Omniscient Mask

5 Sicarian Ruststalkers, Dataspike, Nikola's skull

10 Skitarii Rangers, 3 Arc rifles, Arc pistol, Arc maul, omnispex

10 Skitarii Rangers, 3 Calivers, phosphor pistol, sword, omnispex

10 Skitarii Rangers, 3 arquebuii, phosphor pistol, goad, omnispex

5 Skitarii Rangers, 2 arquebuii, Arc maul, omnispex

10 Skitarii Vanguards, 3 Calivers, Phosphoenix, sword, omnispex

10 Skitarii Vanguards, radium pistol, sword, Pater Radium, omnispex

2 Ironstriders w/TLCLCs

Ordo Reductor

Calleb Decima, 5 servo-automata w/fists

Navigator, Cyber Familiar

3 Thallaxii, Multi-melta, meltabombs, heavy chainblades

Imperial Knights

Gerantius

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/trex238/ETL4Vow1partial_zpsoxtvuejs.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/trex238/ETL4Vow1andfriends_zps5nqfd1m4.jpg

Oooooh. Looking back at my vow 1 now. I see that I have not included the extra boxes of Skitarii I bought (after the vow was made). I have like 1500 pts unpainted Skitarii. Gawd... Well this is easy now.

Just need to finish 5 rangers, 5 vanguards, 1 Onager and 1 Balistarii now biggrin.png Thought it was something like 25 Vanguards and 15 rangers... Yes I went nuts and bought a lot of Skitarii. Its a future plan of mine.

Well Vash, by my estimation rolleyes.gif ....on your standard time,effort etc...you should be finished approx 3hrs 40min from now laugh.png

Mithril

@ Kilofix: Yeah, I know... I thought the belts would be the tricky part... I love those models and I really want to have a go with them, but such things scare me... :(

@ marshall Egregorius: Add it. Let me know when you do to update the first page.

@ Larkyn: Such things are known to happen... :D

@ Frostbite: Well done! Status updated and new vow added! :tu:

@ Malus Trux: Well come back for ETL IV! And with a Hero-level vow now less... Look forward to this! :yes:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

congratz on a successful conclusion. how were the kataphrons to build?

Thanks! The Kataphrons were easy enough to build, though some of the armour plates don't have obvious mounting points. The biggest pain was cleaning the mold lines from the tracks :(

I, Nziv, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 unit of 6 Thallax, 1 unit of 6 Ursarax, 3 Castellax and 1 dominus magus

on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Omnissiah and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Roughly 1100 points

Edited to add image and point cost

start

Vow 2 time...

I anselneo, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a good handful (see below)  for a total value of 1165 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Omnissiah and the Imperial Faction and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end!

1 unit Kataphron Breachers with torsion cannons and arc claws -- 150

1 unit Karaphron Destroyers with heavy grav cannon and phosphor blaster -- 165

1 unit of Corpuscarii electro priest - 90

2 Kastellan Robot maniples with twin linked heavy phosphor blasters and carapace mounted heavy phosphor - 640

1 Tech-priest Dominus with Eradication beamer and macrostubber - 120

Starting pic:

17670816934_a86787dd23_c.jpg

Very nice anselneo! Beautiful colours there, your Knight is great so I'm looking forward to your second vow, another impressive collection of plastic! :D

Also good to see you vowing nziv, but you'll need to accurately report the points value for Semper :tu: Not long left before the ETL closes for new entrants, can we get any more adepts raising their mechadendrites for the cause?

Just need to finish 5 rangers, 5 vanguards, 1 Onager and 1 Balistarii now biggrin.png Thought it was something like 25 Vanguards and 15 rangers... Yes I went nuts and bought a lot of Skitarii. Its a future plan of mine.

Well Vash, by my estimation rolleyes.gif ....on your standard time,effort etc...you should be finished approx 3hrs 40min from now laugh.png

Mithril

Haha!

Well might be true. ;)

But I am going to assemble everything first, make sure I remember to take pictures before I paint them, and then start the process of painting.

Though... there are other things that take priority at the moment. Mothers day today here in Sweden, so my kids have to "buy" something for their mom... meaning me, and I gotta get something fancy for my mom.

Then there is a wedding of my friend to attend soon, and much much more during this month. So it will be a tight schedule. My speed won't be impressive at the moment.

quick quiestion for anyone in the know, Skitarii markings?

I know each Macroclade has 4 war cohorts, and each war cohort has 3 battle maniples (alpha, omega and gamma) but I dont get the number markings on the transfers.

for example i thought the number 27 would be 2nd war cohort, 7th squad as there seems to be lotsof numbers starting 1-4 but there are a few transfers like 74 or 02 and 91.

anyone any ideas? 

Ok, I have been meaning to do this for a couple weeks but now it is my last chance. So...

I, Feerful, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 2 units of 5 Rangers (with omnispex and 2 transuranic arquebus), a unit of 10 vanguard (with 3 plasma calivers, omnispex, power sword, and phosphor blast pistol), a unit of 10 vanguard (with 2 arc rifles, omnispex, power sword, and phosphor blast pistol), 5 sicarian ruststalkers (with data spike), and 3 sydonian dragoons (with 3 phosphor Serpentes) from Codex: Skitarii of total value 965 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Omnissiah and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

It works out well because I have a tournament on August 1st (Astronomi-con) so that is a bit more motivation to get these done. This is the core of what I am thing of for a 1500 pt list so I will be adding more once I figure out what else I want to take. Maybe some Onagers. I will get a before picture up later today.

And here is the before pic.

gallery_85365_10964_62926.jpg

Excellent completions there! And welcome to feerful! Good luck mate...

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2015_Poster_V1.jpg

JUST 24 HOURS FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS TO JOIN!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived