+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Adeptus Mechanicus Strategium+++

Vow 1 complete!

Vow 1 Complete! (Vanguard)

Vow 1 Complete (Infiltrators)

(The sharp-eyed among you will notice that I put the wrong guns on my WIP post! I had the Stubcarbines on initially, until I realized I wanted Flechette Blasters! Shucks. tongue.png )

And now, for Vow 2, just in the nick of time!

I, Vel'Cona, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following units (listed below) on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Omnissiah and his devoted followers; failure shall doom me to consume a stick of Verdigris Unguent (Green Stuff). It's not toxic, right? wacko.png

1 Tech-Priest Dominus, 120 points (just shipped yesterday, WIP to follow!)

6 Kataphron Destroyers, 345 points

2 Kastelan Robot Maniples, 640 points (second box in the mail)

1 Onager Dunecrawler, 120 points

10 Skitarii Vanguard, 120 points (shipping was delayed, should arrive w/ other stuff)

Vow 2

TOTAL: 1345 points

@ Kilofix: Yeah, I know... I thought the belts would be the tricky part... I love those models and I really want to have a go with them, but such things scare me... sad.png

@ marshall Egregorius: Add it. Let me know when you do to update the first page.

@ Larkyn: Such things are known to happen... biggrin.png

@ Frostbite: Well done! Status updated and new vow added! thumbsup.gif

@ Malus Trux: Well come back for ETL IV! And with a Hero-level vow now less... Look forward to this! yes.gif

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

my bad did not see this. will do.

I, Brightstar, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete two Kastelan Maniples to the value of 640 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Forge-Lords of Mars, while failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i.gyazo.com/79fc1d64d665ba82e8331c09cc51acd2.jpg

@ Vel Cona: A worthy Magos you are! Congratulations on both your completion and your crazy follow up! Good luck! :tu:

@ Brightstar: Welcome to the AdMech Strategium for this year's ETL! A hefty vow indeed! Those Robots are just too good looking! :D

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

=][= E TENEBRAE LUX IV =][=

gallery_27176_8461_79162.jpg

=][= THE DOORS TO NEW PARTICIPANTS ARE NOW CLOSED =][=

This is a snapshot of where we stand at this point (not a proper update):

E TENEBRAE LUX IV – June 1
FactionParticipantsVows Points pledged Completions RateCodex 78 94 49,643 8,754 17.6% Blood Angels 82 89 48,320 5,894 12.2% Dark Angels 45 56 43,065 6,947 16.1% Space Wolves 35 38 30,884 2,245 7.3% Realm of Chaos 73 85 65,628 8,531 13.0% Forces of the Imperium 85 106 65,605 10,885 16.6% Horus Heresy 95 112 96,155 19,860 20,7% TOTAL 493 580 399,300 63,116 15.8%

Vow 2

I Brother Callidan rise to the challenge of E Tenebraie Lux and vow to complete a unit of Ruststalkers with no upgrades but a Dataspike and Chordclaw and a unit of Infiltrators with Flechette Blasters,Taser Goads and info Skull for a total of  370 Pts on or before August 1st,2015. Success will bring eternal Glory to the Omnissiah and failure will doom me to bear the badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

My the Omnissiah grant me greater enjoyment with my elites over the darn Rangers

I'm not really sure if I'm going to be able to make any more progress this week, but I'm pretty happy with how my first Kastelan is coming along. I can certainly say that I enjoy painting larger models like these guys considerably more than I do infantry like the Skitarii. Painting isn't my strong suit, so anything with large open areas is very welcome.

First Kastelan with Bases and Shading

All progress is good progress :) He looks good to me, I don't think you need to do anything in particular as it's a nice red. Perhaps a highlight if you're so inclined?

Good to see a follow up vow too, it's the only way to add to the cause now as new recruits missed their chance!

1/3 rd of Vow 1 donetongue.png - (i could keep doing extra detail and continue painting but that would be like some kinda stupid OCD and i think this is ok table top so it will suffice) now that i have convinced myself they are done that hurdle is over and the rest will start going great guns now...laugh.png

med_gallery_9146_6928_511756.jpg

Vanguard squad to finish next(they are half done already) then the onager who is also half done,honestly the Onager will be the reward for the finishing of the first 2 squads teehee.gif.

Mithril

++EDIT++ .

@ Vel'Cona- im loving your colours man,is that a blacky-grey ? and that Onager with the red legs...gotta say the colour combo is spot on!

@Brightstar - that Kastelan looks great !!thumbsup.gif

I'm not exactly looking forward to it, but I'm certainly intending to try some highlighting. It's the red that I'm most worried about really.

The red looks really good, so I won't worry if I were you smile.png Don't forget you can leave enhancements to later, what you have is more than table top ready. You can concentrate on painting your models up and then return to them later for things like highlighting and weathering once you're more confident with them. That's what I do :tu:

Great work mithril, yet more excellent Skitarii! A very nice red and I like how the bases and guns turned out. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest done :D

@ mithrilforge, thanks mate! I prefer darker schemes in general (my BA are more of a burnt crimson than a bright red) and I figured my safest bet was to stick with what I know. The grey is actually embarrassingly simple: it's just a basecoat of Mechanicum Standard Grey (yes, really), Nuln Oil wash, a second coat of Mech Grey, and a drybrush of Dawnstone. It's easy to throw on quickly and catches highlights on its own, and it's forgiving with my awful brush control. The red is exactly the same technique that 'Eavy Metal uses for the outside of the cloaks on Skitarii, though I once again use a drybrush on the top layer instead of edge highlighting (which I consider nightmarish).

In regard to your models, I'm a bit jelly regarding the smoothness of your finish. The red and gold is super clean and you seem to have a practiced hand with the fine details (especially the metal). My stuff always ends up looking messier than I intended! sleep.png

@ Red Skullz, did I just see your stuff on BoLS? Are you an editor there or something? huh.png

@ Kilofix, I 100% agree with your statement! While I'm playing it safe with a darker scheme, I'm really trying out new glow effects and mixing in different color combos (evidence is in my Infiltrators, with the brighter red helmets). Next up is to practice doing pallid flesh on my Kataphrons!

Archived