+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Adeptus Mechanicus Strategium+++

Keep up the good work Julius, I'm keen to see another Knight done soon! :D As for the weapons, I don't think there is a right or wrong way round?

Will do! ;)

Ah okay, the instruction booklet and most of the pictures show the CC weapon on the left and ranged weapon on the right, but hey - variety is the spice of life (unless it's tech-heresy lol)

Great work frost, the muted tones work really well on them. I'm sure they'll do well for you in game :tu:

I think chevrons would look cool on the top Julius, you're making excellent progress so don't want to get slowed down by indecision ;)

I think chevrons would look cool on the top Julius, you're making excellent progress so don't want to get slowed down by indecision ;)

Thanks man. My thinking is just:

1) not sure chevrons would fit my theme

2) however, it is an AdMech aligned knight, so they are appropriate

3) yeah, but what else might look cool?

I did have another thought, maybe two asymmetric stripes along that top part of the carapace and fill the rest in red?

But would welcome fraternal suggestions, really.

Delay won't be an issue as I can finish all the other bits in the next few days hopefully.

Chevrons depends on the colours I suppose, but the classic hazard colours will suit an AdMech knight as GW uses it often. Your knight is red and white which won't clash, it's mostly an issue of how much you do so it doesn't become too overpowering. I think a couple of stripes would look good if you didn't want to risk the bold chevrons. You could also do black on white stripes, but a couple of white stripes would look good.

Are votes decided on number of appendages raised? Could get tricky...

You've just told me more than I needed to know about Vel'Cona... :o

I like the flames idea but I never seem to paint them convincingly

Great activity in the Forges of Mars I see! Well done everybody - but keep it up though... Time is running out and your rivals are as committed as you to see this through! The first to put the brush down will lose! :D

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

The hero we needed... and deserved msn-wink.gif Gotham should wait more if this is what we get! laugh.png Fantastically speedy work, the weathering with the primer paint showing through is really nice and the red it excellent. The close ups are really nice for showing off all the detail you did :)

The ETL has been most productive for you, well done on doing your part pompey when the time comes you can wear your badge with pride biggrin.png I look forward to seeing what you do next, perhaps some larger vehicles?

More update action.

Thanks for your thoughts guys, but in the end I found myself thinking back to the first images that drew me to the hobby, many many years ago... And so I ended up doing this:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e187/JH1980/Mobile%20Uploads/image_8.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e187/JH1980/Mobile%20Uploads/image_9.jpg

Also, who can tell me what this binary word from the back of the banner means?! :)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e187/JH1980/Mobile%20Uploads/image_10.jpg

Clue: this is all there is...

I fail.  No need to issue the badge of shame, as I will not be posting again.  GW slapped us all in the face with AoS and I cannot bring myself to touch any GW product.  My painting time and gaming dollars are all going to privateer press now.

Archived