+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I could do that, but these are things I want ready for my big game and a smaller tournament within the next two months. I'd rather add another list of 3k later on completely seperate, as I only have probably 6k painted of my 22k in chaos as a whole.

Quick question. My warband is Black Legion, does this entitle me to VOTLW points if I do my vow from the supplement, where the upgrade is mandatory? Or is this gaming the system?

Quick question. My warband is Black Legion, does this entitle me to VOTLW points if I do my vow from the supplement, where the upgrade is mandatory? Or is this gaming the system?

Vow them using the supplement, you will be fine, and not gaming the system. 

And if you use the normal Codex, you have to visibly show it on the model in some way. For example, if you were to vow a Chaos Lord from the Crimson Slaughter supplement with the Slaughter Horns and possessed upgrade, you could not use a plain model with no horns to represent him.

Therule of thumb in vowing models for ETL is WYSIWYG on every model.

I greg0985, True Son of Lorgar, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

-Abaddon the Despoiler

-Sorcerer in Terminator Armour (w/ spell familiar)

-Chaos Lord (MoN, Combi-melta, Chaos Bike, Daemonheart, Slaughterer's Horns, Blade of the Relentless)

-Helbrute (2 Powerfists w/ inbuilt heavy flamers)

-5 Chaos Terminators (MoN, Champ w/ Ltng claw/Chainfist, 2 Powerfists, 1 Chainfist, 2 Combi-melta, 1 pair of Ltng Claws, Heavy Flamer)

-Chaos Decimator (MoN, Butcher Cannon)

-Greater Brass Scorpion of Khorne

-Bloodthirster of Khorne

-Soul Grinder (Phlegm Bombardment)

from Codex Chaos Space Marines, and Codex Chaos Daemons of total value 2,302 on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Gods of Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Abaddon:

gallery_79488_10763_156567.jpg

Sorcerer:

gallery_79488_10763_73675.jpg

Chaos Lord:

gallery_79488_10763_811689.jpg

Helbrute:

gallery_79488_10763_559737.jpg

Chaos Terminators:

gallery_79488_10763_19827.jpg

Chaos Decimator:

gallery_79488_10763_1297862.jpg

Greater Brass Scorpion:

gallery_79488_10763_1568396.jpg

Bloodthirster:

gallery_79488_10763_1552551.jpg

Soul Grinder:

gallery_79488_10763_1038144.jpg

I further pledge, that if Chaos fails to win ETL IV, i shall finally invest in proper mini-photographing equipment.

Now, for those so inclined, you guys can follow my progress on my pledge thread here.

Now, off to begin priming all these minis in preparation for tomorrow...

I, Ancient Helveticus, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Codex: Khorne Daemonkin:

• 1 chaos lord with jump pack, sigil of corruption, and twin lightning claws
  • 1 herald with blade of endless bloodshed
  • 1 chaos spawn

of a total value of 267 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Skull Throne.  Failure will doom me to a fate worse than death or spawndom, shamed to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. 

Before pictures:

Looks like I'm going shopping this weekend.biggrin.png

Also, guys, oath more. It's only been a day, and those guys in the AoD forum have near twice as much oathed. (Near as I can figure out, 19000~ points to our 10961.)

EDIT: Internal dialogue: Do I want a Knight? Well, yes, of course I do, but it's expensive. But so is everything else. Well, maybe, we'll see...

Also, guys, oath more. It's only been a day, and those guys in the AoD forum have near twice as much oathed. (Near as I can figure out, 19000~ points to our 10961.)

EDIT: Internal dialogue: Do I want a Knight? Well, yes, of course I do, but it's expensive. But so is everything else. Well, maybe, we'll see...

But can they finish? I'm certain we can, and some have expressed smaller initial vows to get a foot in the door.

I, Slayer le Boucher, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Space Marines:

• 1 Chaos Land Raider
  •  
  • 1 Maulerfiend
  •  
  •  

of a total value of 365points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood God.  Failure will doom me to a fate worse than death or spawndom, shamed to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Chaos Land Raider, Khârn's very own ride, the Skull raider.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/27/pqtn.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/838/ofn0.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/40/ji75.jpg

Maulerfiend

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/41/5txo.jpg

-EDIT-

So, I ordered a bunch of bits (plasma guns, melta bombs, couple flamers, etc) from a bits site in the UK about a month ago. Should have arrived about a week ago and they haven't come in. No response from emails sent either. It seems as if I've been duped out of my money dry.png The vow I made was based on the reasonable assumption that I would have all of the necessary parts to complete those three squads of Chaos Marines. Seeing as how that's not going to happen, I can't complete my original vow according to the WYSIWYG standard of ETL. After talking to Captain Semper about the extenuating circumstances, he has given me the go ahead to change my original vow so long as the points for the exchanged units are ballpark similar to the original total. So, that being said...

I, Kaldoth, Warsmith of the 29th Grand Company of the Iron Warriors Legion, re-rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and, in light of shady bits dealers stealing my money, re-vow to complete...

• 1 Chaos Relic Sicaran Battle Tank with Heavy Bolter Sponsons (155 Pts) -COMPLETE-
  • 2 Maulerfiends with Lasher Tendrils (270 Pts)
  • 1 Warpsmith with Aura of Dark Glory and Burning Brand of Skalathrax (155 Pts)
  • 2 Obliterators (140 Pts)

for a total value of 720 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Iron Warriors of the 29th Grand Company and destruction to all those foolish enough to stand before our might. Failure will bring shame to our company and doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year end.

Feels kind of crappy having to change my vow sleep.png But I can't go out and buy boxed sets for such a small hand full of bits, and I'm definitely not ordering more bits from bits stores. Pictures of the boxed up units will be up later today. If anyone knows any bits stores (or would like to donate to the cause tongue.png) that are reputable, I would appreciate a heads up so I can re-order the bits I need on payday.

Cheers,

-Kal

I, Slayer le Boucher, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Space Marines:

• 1 Chaos Land Raider
  • 1 Maulerfiend

of a total value of 265points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood God. Failure will doom me to a fate worse than death or spawndom, shamed to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Methinks you got the points cost ever so slightly off, my friend.

Every little bit counts. Literally, it counts. msn-wink.gif

EDIT: And we're up to 12,143 pts. Yay!!!laugh.png

SECOND EDIT: Aw poop. The Heresy folks have just passed 20k. Damn. We must catch up. Let's see, my first oath will be at least 500 pts+. Maybe I should just get a Lord of Skulls instead of the Knight...

I still have two rhinos, two maulerfiends, two already assembled spawn, six unassembled spawn in boxes, a Warpsmith, and an Aegis Defense Line sitting in the closet tongue.png Unfortunately my boss is taking a two week vacation from May 23rd to June 5th, and then I leave for two weeks with my National Guard unit for training on June 6th until the end of June. I'm basically losing a solid month of hobby time, hence the smaller vow. But if I can get the first one done, you better bet your unholy, warp-damned buttocks I'll be vowing the remaining 1100 points biggrin.png

Cheers,

-Kal

• 1 Chaos Land Raider
  • 1 Maulerfiend

of a total value of 265points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood God. Failure will doom me to a fate worse than death or spawndom, shamed to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Methinks you got the points cost ever so slightly off, my friend.

Every little bit counts. Literally, it counts. msn-wink.gif

SECOND EDIT: Aw poop. The Heresy folks have just passed 20k. Damn. We must catch up. Let's see, my first oath will be at least 500 pts+. Maybe I should just get a Lord of Skulls instead of the Knight...

Yeah din't pay attention.

I still have two rhinos, two maulerfiends, two already assembled spawn, six unassembled spawn in boxes, a Warpsmith, and an Aegis Defense Line sitting in the closet tongue.png Unfortunately my boss is taking a two week vacation from May 23rd to June 5th, and then I leave for two weeks with my National Guard unit for training on June 6th until the end of June. I'm basically losing a solid month of hobby time, hence the smaller vow. But if I can get the first one done, you better bet your unholy, warp-damned buttocks I'll be vowing the remaining 1100 points biggrin.png

Cheers,

-Kal

Well, by the mutated Slaaneshi bits that are part of me, we of the Great Eye eagerly await your return.

I, Eldrick Shadowblade, chronicler of Lord Kraven Kinslayer the Oath-Breaker rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

1 Black Legion Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour with Lightning Claw and Daemon Weapon

1 10 Man Black Legion squad w bolters, bolt pistols, cc weapons 1 plasma 1 melta led by Aspiring champion w Powerfist and Plasma Pistol

1 10 Man Black Legion squad w bolters, bolt pistols, cc weapons 1 flamer 1 melta led by Aspiring champion w power weapon and bolt pistol

of a total value of (601pts) on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Lord Kraven's Oath-Broken and the Black Legion may we be redeemed in their eyes.  Failure will doom me to a fate worse than death or spawndom, shamed to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker (twice damned!) until the year-end.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/Shadowblade77/fab734a7dee50955c14ee6c96cec05c6_zpsd2e7a089.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/Shadowblade77/cf19827afc768af3d051ac56d8826a48_zpsruvxznwg.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/Shadowblade77/6e4843002ab6079deafff0b993e771e0_zps83vaghrp.jpg

This guy was already painted for a test model so I will be replacing him.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/Shadowblade77/9f078add471622f8f2c235072f855390_zps43f8745e.jpg

I, Eldrick Shadowblade, chronicler of Lord Kraven Kinslayer the Oath-Breaker rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

1 Black Legion Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour with Lightning Claw and Daemon Weapon

1 10 Man Black Legion squad w bolters, bolt pistols, cc weapons 1 plasma 1 melta led by Aspiring champion w Powerfist and Plasma Pistol

1 10 Man Black Legion squad w bolters, bolt pistols, cc weapons 1 flamer 1 melta led by Aspiring champion w power weapon and bolt pistol

of a total value of (DONT HAVE MY CODEX HANDY) on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Lord Kraven's Oath-Broken and the Black Legion may we be redeemed in their eyes. Failure will doom me to a fate worse than death or spawndom, shamed to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker (twice damned!) until the year-end.

If you're using just the Chaos dex, use the left hand points value. If you're using the BL dex, use the right smile.png

Lord- 122/127 (+ Cost of whichever Daemon Weapon you want to use. Let me know which and I'll update!)

Squad 1- 223/243

Squad 2 - 193/213

Experiencing a rather rough point in life at the moment.

Tomorrow I will be going to the courthouse to file divorce papers.

I've always found Warhammer to be a good form of stress relief.

I may not post over the next few days, but when I'm able to, I will vow everything I currently have unpainted.

Arround 2-3k ish worth of points.

Quick question, I have the dataslate for Cypher (he's no longer in the codex). Can his formation be used in a vow?

KHORNE

Let us tear out their throats, drink their blood and crush their bones.. The Wrath are coming...

I, Scribe of the greatest Lord Khorne, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage - 275
Lord, Jugger, Sigil, Bloodforged Armour, Axe of Khorne, 225
8 CSM - 130
5 Possessed - 150
3 Bikers - 76
6 Bikers - 142
Maulerfiend w/Lasher - 140
Maulerfiend w/Lasher - 140
Herald, Juggernaught - 100
10 Bloodletters - 100
10 Bloodletters - 100
7 Bloodcrushers, Bloodhunter, Banner - 340
15 Flesh Hounds - 240

...from Codex Khorne Daemonkin and

Decimator of Khorne - 220

...from IA13 and

7 Chaos Space Marines, MoK - 115

...from Codex Chaos Space Marines for a total Blood Tithe of 2493 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to The Wrath, in the name of Khorne and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Further, pick up the gauntlet Sons of Angron, if the Warriors of the 12th Legion would dare, match or beat my vow!

Spoilers for all the Starting Pics!

Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage

BT

Chaos Lord on Juggernaught (this is being rebuilt, and repainted to match The Wrath scheme)

Chaos Lord Jugger

Bikers (these guys make me really sad right now)

Bikers Wrecked and Rebuilding

Possessed

Possessed

Mauler, waiting for build.

Mauler PreBuild

Mauler 2

Mauler 2

Herald (Bronze Base Coat) and 7 Bloodcrushers

Herald Juggers

15 Flesh Hounds, waiting to be built.

FleshHounds

Decimator of Khorne

Decimator of Khorne

2 x 10 Bloodletters

2 Units of Bloodletters

7 Chaos Space Marines (and Wrath Aspiring Champ)

7 CSM

Experiencing a rather rough point in life at the moment.

Tomorrow I will be going to the courthouse to file divorce papers.

I've always found Warhammer to be a good form of stress relief.

I may not post over the next few days, but when I'm able to, I will vow everything I currently have unpainted.

Arround 2-3k ish worth of points.

Quick question, I have the dataslate for Cypher (he's no longer in the codex). Can his formation be used in a vow?

Indeed it can! And hey man, I'm in the exact same boat you are.  It's rough to go through, but there are always bright sides to everything: I got to spend my entire tax return on Warhammer stuff :P

Doesn't matter though at this stage: completion rate is also essential!

Life permitting, I should be able to contribute a full five vows at the limit. Just give me a bit of time!

Archived