+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

What? Three pages already? Didn't have time to update once yet! :blink:

*shuts up and gets down to work*

Should know better by now ;)

OK, I think I got everything so far. PLEASE CHECK THE FIRST PAGE TO MAKE SURE YOUR STATUS IS CORRECTLY RECORDED. 

So... question: can we also vow Chaos vehicles from the Imperial Armour Apocalypse and Imperial Armour 13 lists? 

Yeap! I'm that benevolent! :P

Stupid question, Codex Khorne Daemonkin is a viable army list for the Chaos Faction, correct? I ask because it isn't a supplement(or if it is, then it is vastly different from Black Legion and Crimson Slaughter) but it isn't listed. This is more for clarification than anything else.

Khorne Daemonkin is definitely a viable option - check out Forums and Factions part of the rules. ;)

Oh right, sorry TLDNR all the rules, but indeed we may:

i) Forge World has produced the Second Edition of the first and second volumes of Imperial Armour (Imperial Guard and War Machines of the Adeptus Astartes respectively) as well as Imperial Armour 13 (Warmachines of the Lost and the Damned) and various Apocalypse supplements. These books cover all the issues with vehicles that participants may want to use along with their Codex force i.e. point values and compatibility with certain Codices. Relic vehicle rules means that, vehicles that would otherwise be reserved for the Horus Heresy setting can now be used in the 40k context and to support your preferred faction!

SO! This means we need to uphold our glorious Primus Inter Pares title from last year. Which will be a little harder, seeing as those loyalist scum are so frightened of us they've banded together again. Apparently the Angels of Death and the Black Templars do need to flock together to best us... Well, the harder they try, the harder they'll fall.

I'll post my vow up tomorrow night, when I've made äll my 'before' pictures. Be sure there'll be another Lord of War in there. 

Please tell me Sicaran's could be used in that...

Be nice if someone made a few good ways to make 3000pts - or probably, 'squads that make a good chunk of points that you need to get done', rather than just x number of spawn!

Sicaran is in IA13 so yeah, it's a viable option! 

Quick question. My warband is Black Legion, does this entitle me to VOTLW points if I do my vow from the supplement, where the upgrade is mandatory? Or is this gaming the system?

A basic premise of the ETL is that there is no such thing as a free lunch. You only get points for things you can model/paint on the mini - you do not gain benefit from rules - even if said rules are compulsory. So the question is, can you WYSIWYG the VOTLW look? :devil:

Go the extra mile and the points are yours... 

I, Eldrick Shadowblade, chronicler of Lord Kraven Kinslayer the Oath-Breaker rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

1 Black Legion Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour with Lightning Claw and Daemon Weapon

1 10 Man Black Legion squad w bolters, bolt pistols, cc weapons 1 plasma 1 melta led by Aspiring champion w Powerfist and Plasma Pistol

1 10 Man Black Legion squad w bolters, bolt pistols, cc weapons 1 flamer 1 melta led by Aspiring champion w power weapon and bolt pistol

of a total value of (DONT HAVE MY CODEX HANDY) on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Lord Kraven's Oath-Broken and the Black Legion may we be redeemed in their eyes.  Failure will doom me to a fate worse than death or spawndom, shamed to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker (twice damned!) until the year-end.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/Shadowblade77/fab734a7dee50955c14ee6c96cec05c6_zpsd2e7a089.jpg

When you do have the points crystallised please edit them in your vow post and give me a heads-up so I can update the first page.

Experiencing a rather rough point in life at the moment.
Tomorrow I will be going to the courthouse to file divorce papers.
I've always found Warhammer to be a good form of stress relief.
I may not post over the next few days, but when I'm able to, I will vow everything I currently have unpainted.
Arround 2-3k ish worth of points.

Quick question, I have the dataslate for Cypher (he's no longer in the codex). Can his formation be used in a vow?

Cypher is fine! :tu:

PLEASE NOTE: when you get the before pics PLEASE edit them (or link them)  in your initial vow post so we get everything in one place. Thanks

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hmm, I won't be able to start painting befor early July due to working abroad until then. Would it be ok to vow something now without any pictures to keep the 1st June deadline, but start painting a month later? Of course, I won't vow something big with only one month time to finish it :-D

well here goes nothing...I oreaper rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

Goretred the invincible.....the mighty Lord of Skulls standard equiped (888)

Why not magnetize all weapon options and vow a LoS with a Daemongore Cannon and Skullhurler? That's 125 extra points for almost zero extra trouble!

No extra points for magnetising. You only vow a single configuration (so if you intend to do many configurations it makes sense to pledge the most expensive one points-wise). 

^^ That's what I said. ^^

:tu:

Anyway, I'll throw my hat into the ring again.

I, Augustus b'Raass, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX IV.

I vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Space Marines, Imperial Armour Apocalypse, and Imperial Armour 13,
the following Night Lords units and those they use to sow terror, 

with of total value of 1555 points on or before August 1st:

1 Greater Brass Scorpion of Khorne (700)

2 Predator Annihilators with Extra Armour (2x150=300)

1 Chaos Vindicator with Extra Armour and Combi-Bolter (135)

2 Rapier Quad Heavy Bolter Weapon Batteries (80)

1 Nurgle biker lord with Power Fist, Lightning Claw, and a Sigil of Corruption, Veterans of the Long War (170)

4 Chaos Nurgle Bikers with 2 Meltaguns, 1 Nurgle Aspiring Champion with Lightning Claw Veterans of the Long War (170)

Success will bring eternal glory to me 

and to the 

47th Company of the Night Lords VIII Legio Astartes, known as the Night's Reapers. 

We bow to no God. 

We are terror incarnate.

Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

WIP Pictures of the vowed units:

1 Greater Brass Scorpion of Khorne (700)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/2015-05-01%2020.14.31_zpsjrinllaq.jpg

2 Predator Annihilators with Extra Armour (2x150=300)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/2015-05-01%2020.11.37_zpszw6jntwi.jpg

1 Chaos Vindicator with Extra Armour and Combi-Bolter (135)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/2015-05-01%2020.11.56_zpspm0s7no1.jpg

2 Rapier Quad Heavy Bolter Weapon Batteries (80)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/2015-05-01%2020.11.02_zpszxfr09y5.jpg

1 Nurgle biker lord with Power Fist, Lightning Claw, and a Sigil of Corruption, Veterans of the Long War (170)

4 Chaos Nurgle Bikers with 2 Meltaguns, 1 Nurgle Aspiring Champion with Lightning Claw Veterans of the Long War (170)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/2015-05-01%2020.26.58_zpsznah34hw.jpg

The skullhurler does look silly, but it is a decent weapon option. It's only one bit to paint though, magnetizing is both easy and a must for versatility of your model, and last but most certainly not least: every single point counts in the ETL! ;) 

Frack, it's such a long read, I compartmentalized it and skipped that part. This is awesome! It's a shame a recent FB trade went awry and I have to actually buy a Typhon Siege tank, otherwise I would have totally bought one for the ETL!

Hmm, I won't be able to start painting befor early July due to working abroad until then. Would it be ok to vow something now without any pictures to keep the 1st June deadline, but start painting a month later? Of course, I won't vow something big with only one month time to finish it :-D

Hey Captain Semper, I think you missed my question. Would be great if you could offer your thoughts on the matter :)

No Siege Shield on the Vindicator Augustus?

Nah, my regular gaming club doesn't really have a lot of difficult terrain that my vindi might get stuck in, plus even if I move over it without a Siege Shield there's only a one in six chance I'll get immobilized, and even then it can still fire. I'll take those chances over adding that ridiculously large shield.

Although.... It does offer a lot of space for hanging corpses..... Oh well, too late now!!

Nah, my regular gaming club doesn't really have a lot of difficult terrain that my vindi might get stuck in, plus even if I move over it without a Siege Shield there's only a one in six chance I'll get immobilized, and even then it can still fire. I'll take those chances over adding that ridiculously large shield.

Although.... It does offer a lot of space for hanging corpses..... Oh well, too late now!!

Nightlords without corpses dangling? Tsk! Tsk!

Hey Captain Semper, I think you missed my question. Would be great if you could offer your thoughts on the matter smile.png

Sorry mate - I must have missed it... The answer is: of course! :D You make the commitment before June 1st and you have until Aug 1st to complete. If you complete earlier you can vow again. But there is no deadline for the first vow other than the deadline for the entire event! When you start work on your vow is your own affair - Manage your time the way you see fit! :)

Nah, my regular gaming club doesn't really have a lot of difficult terrain that my vindi might get stuck in, plus even if I move over it without a Siege Shield there's only a one in six chance I'll get immobilized, and even then it can still fire. I'll take those chances over adding that ridiculously large shield.Although.... It does offer a lot of space for hanging corpses..... Oh well, too late now!!

Nightlords without corpses dangling? Tsk! Tsk!

Well, to be fair to the poor vindi crew, they kinda blast the corpses to pieces from a distance.... The foot sloggers pick up the pieces for their armour. So after the battle there's nothing left for the poor vindicator crew to find.

I'll have my other guys bring them some skulls, flayed flesh, and some hands. How's that?

Archived