+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

What Forte said. I've started with the Brass Scorpion, and I've got the distinct feeling this'll be a one vow year for me, because this thing this about three miles of trim. It's gonna take me bloody ages.

Dragonlover

Use Vallejo Liquid Gold!It goes on SUPER smoothly and covers in one go. Trim is a walk in the park with it. thumbsup.gif

Does it come out looking like the pic I posted, or is it a deeper colour? Also I heard you need like, hardcore remover to clean your brush with if you use it. Am I right or did I imagine that?

Dragonlover

You only need a synthetic brush and medical alcohol. The effect is great! Use this tutorial.

But, as Forte said, the new Vallejo model air metallics brush on super easy too, so those are a perfect alternative. :tu:

is it wrong of me to plot steve's demice, so i can take over the title of 6th chaos god?

So you crave that title. Time to put some serious work in my friend. Will have to do 3k at a time and complete all five vows. You can do it. You know you can.

well i could, only problem is i dont have the funds for enough models

I'm gonna pass on the other trim methods for the moment, as I got a new pot of brass that isn't knackered and its working a lot better. May try the brown basecoat out though. I'll keep the Vallejo stuff in mind for when I do Iron Warriors though.

Dragonlover

So, after the kerfuffle.....

I, oldschoolsoviet, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete an Iron Warriors force from Codex CSM/IA13 of total value of 1555 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Perturabo and the Chaos forum and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Breakdown:

- HQ

--Chaos Lord + Combi Wpn + Power Wpn + MoT = 105

--Chaos Sorc + MoT = 75

-Elites

--Chosen x 10 + Power Wpn + MoT + Melta.B = 355

--Possessed x 10 + MoT = 310

Troops

--CSM x 10 + Plasma.G + MoT = 175

--CSM x 10 + Plasma.G + MoT = 175

Heavy

--Havocs x 5 + 2 AutoC + 2 LasC = 135

--Decimator + Butcher.C = 225

And six proxy minis to account for previous work = 0

Total: 1555pts

http://i62.tinypic.com/24yxvma.jpg

Clockwise: HQs, proxies, Havocs, Possessed

http://i61.tinypic.com/24bjn8n.jpg

20 CSM, 10 Chosen

http://i57.tinypic.com/vd1qbo.jpg

Decimator

That'll do for now. 25 days off this month, so I should be in good stead. Should.......wacko.png

Edited to remove points breakdowns. Please only include totals as per forum rules.

She's vowed a Dreamforge Leviathan as a counts as Decimator. She also happens to be my wife. I'll let her know about tutofigs, cheers Forte.

Dragonlover

I know the one you mean now. Nice :tu:

Holy crapola... We went from looking strong this year on vows to "Strap a loyalist to our rhinos and pimp slap an primaris psykert" strong.

um how can you tell????

Holy crapola... We went from looking strong this year on vows to "Strap a loyalist to our rhinos and pimp slap an primaris psykert" strong.

um how can you tell????

Steve, along with a few others, has returned.

Rhino??? My Landraider will be getting the Templar treatment tongue.png jut to rub our victory last year in a little bit.

Why did I start on the Chaos Lord and Sorc first, they are nearly done and the rest of the stuff still needs priming >.<

I was gonna save these till last lol

Rhino??? My Landraider will be getting the Templar treatment :P

Why did I tart on the Chaos Lord and Sorc first, they are nearly done and the rest of the stuff still needs priming >.<

I was gonna save these till last lol

Because you tart on most things ;)

I CrusaderRaven rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one squad of Chaos Space Marines from Codex: Khorne Daemonkin of total value 200pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to KHOOORNE!!!! and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Right, it's a modest start, but it's what the wallet allowed prior to payday this month. The idea is to complete a base Slaugthercult( 1x Prince, 1x Berzerker squad, 1x CSM squad and 1x Possessed squad) throughout the ETL, so expect a more proper entry in a couple of weeks. If time allows, I may finish with a Bloodthirster. One unit at the time though.

In any case, here we are:

x1 Aspiring Champion: Power Fist, Plasma Pistol 

x7 Chaos Space Marines: Meltagun , Icon of Khorne 

Total: 200pts

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/7776/rH0JSF.jpg

Can I get some input from you guys? Latest update photo of my Sicaran (more in the main thread, with lots more detailing and bloody chaos runes ^_^)

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/Kaldoth/IMG_20150503_164504177_HDR.jpg

I don't know what to do with those front spiked plates :huh: And nobody seems to want to suggest anything :P Should I do them up chevroned, or wash red/blood for the blood god at the base where they're erupting from the armor over the standard silver? Artistic roadblock! Your fellow Warsmith is in need :P

CrusaderRaven, welcome aboard! Got a Daemonkin Warband in mind, or just making it up as you go along?

Dragonlover

Not a particular Warband as such. They will be representing Angrons forces from the First War for Armageddon(to go with my Steel Legionnaires), so standard World Eaters.

Can I get some input from you guys? Latest update photo of my Sicaran (more in the main thread, with lots more detailing and bloody chaos runes happy.png)

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/Kaldoth/IMG_20150503_164504177_HDR.jpg

I don't know what to do with those front spiked plates huh.png And nobody seems to want to suggest anything tongue.png Should I do them up chevroned, or wash red/blood for the blood god at the base where they're erupting from the armor over the standard silver? Artistic roadblock! Your fellow Warsmith is in need tongue.png

Bone colour on the spike would look pretty cool. Show the Tank change because of the warp & just break up the metal a bit. Also possible look that Typhus Corrosion paint (Check out Games Workshop youtube page for painting video on this) on the tracks for oil/dirty look.

Model looking cool. How is it to build? I know one my least favrout, yet still cool looking model is the Storm Eagle.......never again am I building another one of those until it made in plastic.

If you head over to the IW community thread, very top of page thirteen I posted a kit review :tu: And thanks for the ideas! I'll look into that corrosion paint ^_^

-Kal

So are the big demons not allowed this year? I mean big thirster can count as a lord of skulls really easily, but I want to redo slan and tzeentch as well and they are not in ia13

Yes they are. Page 197 for Scabiethrax, 198 for An'ggrath, 200 for Zaraknyel, 202 for the Tzeentch guy.

Dragonlover

So are the big demons not allowed this year? I mean big thirster can count as a lord of skulls really easily, but I want to redo slan and tzeentch as well and they are not in ia13

Yes they are. Page 197 for Scabiethrax, 198 for An'ggrath, 200 for Zaraknyel, 202 for the Tzeentch guy.

Dragonlover

Oh awesome I don't own the book so I asked a friend and he must have looked in the wrong one. Makes it easier then. I want to figure out how to do rainbow wings on big bird clearly because I hate myself. Lol

Archived