+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I already miss my Chaos buddies ..... :(

So I'd like to make an out-of-competition Vow to complete:

1 Emperor's Children Sonic Dreadnought

1 Word Bearer's Infernum Dreadnought

For 0 points.

Semper - I'm assuming OoC Vows don't count towards the 5 Vow limit and can be done in parallel with my in comp Vows? If not, no problem, just wanted to clarify.

Edit - Before pics below (they're so cute):

17187245559_3bf124cf7f_z_d.jpg

Done:

18524198696_0e8644277b_b_d.jpg

I already miss my Chaos buddies ..... :(

So I'd like to make an out-of-competition Vow to complete:

1 Emperor's Children Sonic Dreadnought

1 Word Bearer's Infernum Dreadnought

For 0 points.

Semper - I'm assuming OoC Vows don't count towards the 5 Vow limit and can be done in parallel with my in comp Vows? If not, no problem, just wanted to clarify.

This is unacceptable

UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/P1tUuoKVCdS631WqxGJmuv9GzivlppmCxauiv0vtrEDN_LN1C92HvUezyFkDsu9I40vUuCcfw507-h290-nc_zpsi2z0slmy.gif

Wow!!! All the Champions of the Dark Gods have risen to the challenge of the ETL! It appears that Chaos will once again be competing for the top - but make no mistake, this year your rivals have also gathered in strength! So keep on recruiting all the Chaos Lords from the distant planets within the Eye, for there will be no pity for the weak!

So steve shields is back and is vowing to go Martyr as well as Slave to Dancing - but we will have nothing of the sort this year! ph34r.png

@ Kilofix: You are correct. They don't! ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Capt Semper, I figured out how I wanted to model the Veterans of the Long War on my 3 terminators and 2 Oblierators. Can I get credit for those 12 points? If not, no problem, I'll make up for it later.

- but make no mistake, this year your rivals have also gathered in strength! 

no the templars have chummed up with their mates because they can spell zeal but spend too much time cleaning their 'kiss the chef' novelty aprons. 

Capt Semper, I figured out how I wanted to model the Veterans of the Long War on my 3 terminators and 2 Oblierators. Can I get credit for those 12 points? If not, no problem, I'll make up for it later.

Out of interest, how? I left it off my Chosen and Sorc simply because I couldn't come up with anything, so I'd be interested to hear your solution.

Dragonlover

Out of interest, how? I left it off my Chosen and Sorc simply because I couldn't come up with anything, so I'd be interested to hear your solution.

Dragonlover

Parts of loyalist incorporated into the bases of the Terminators, and the bodies of the Oblits as trophies. A little extra bling as well with some gold chain.

Granted this may be harder with chosen who are already pretty fancy

Dragonlover

I add trophies usually. Get some fine chain and attach a head to it. Looks really cool to boot. Or you could just make them look really old :p

So are the big demons not allowed this year? I mean big thirster can count as a lord of skulls really easily, but I want to redo slan and tzeentch as well and they are not in ia13

Yes they are. Page 197 for Scabiethrax, 198 for An'ggrath, 200 for Zaraknyel, 202 for the Tzeentch guy.

Dragonlover

To think I just did three of Scabiethrax for the Call... Practically a whole vow for this in itself! No matter...

Great ideas re: VOTLW, may as well squeeze as many points as possible and get our models looking tip top :)

he looks so happy, and where is that head from?

It's from the normal tactical squad I think. But I've shaved it down and sculpted stretched skin.

11139411_1420221214963688_73694411795648

Pleased to say all Leadbelcher base coats are down. It took a couple of hours but they're down. Now I can concentrate on each unit and crack on. I already have ideas for a second vow. I really don't want an Oathbreaker badge again. 

Good work so far everyone. We're setting a good pace. 

@Forte: Man, that head looks awesome. 

Pleased to say all Leadbelcher base coats are down. It took a couple of hours but they're down. Now I can concentrate on each unit and crack on. I already have ideas for a second vow. I really don't want an Oathbreaker badge again. 

The Leadbelcher spray is actually pretty good! Definitely a worthwhile investment if you're gonna have lots of silver marines. It goes on a bit lighter than actual leadbelcher, but if you give the model a nuln oil wash it evens it out ^_^

So I want to do lava bases for my khorney folks, can anyone recomend a good video tutorial? I saw a couple online and they either were sub par or used specialty texture paints that i dont have. I plan on using corkboard for the rocks, and I have greenstuff that I could use for the texturing.

So I want to do lava bases for my khorney folks, can anyone recomend a good video tutorial? I saw a couple online and they either were sub par or used specialty texture paints that i dont have. I plan on using corkboard for the rocks, and I have greenstuff that I could use for the texturing.

Just make sure you really break the cork up. So many flat rock armies out there these days ;).

Rock and lava tutorials

Dragonlover

I used Black Legion Codex where they have to take the upgrade... but I also got a bunch of legs from a polish company Kromlech (sp?) that look like mk2-4 armor with bionic legs to show their age and battle hardiness as well as their Oathbroken status for the fluff.

I finished the arms and weapons on my terminators, including the best power weapon I have yet to paint. It was primed with a glossy black, and the blade and cable were base painted with boltgun grey. Brass scorpion trim on the gauntlet, shaft and the connectors for the power cable. The grips were steel legion drab, but will need a wash or two. My real favorite was the power affect on the mace.

I used a toothpick to put some Caledor Sky blue into the recesses of the grill just below the mace head and painted over it lightly with brass scorpion so it looks like you can see the energy coming out of the grill. Than I painted the core of the mace with the same blue and used my toothpick again to draw lines of power out from the core to the blades. I finished off with dry brushing a mixture of Caledor sky and Cekestial grey lightly on the edges of the mace and over the toothpick drawn lines. It looks pretty good to me. I'd post a pick if it didn't take me an hour and a half to figure out how to do it. Hopefully I'll get better at that during this competition. But I am pretty stoked about the progress I am making in the hobby during the few short days I have been taking part in this ETL.

Tommorrow I hope to get the excessive amount of trim painted on the bodies of the terminators along with the few splashes of unique colors individualized for each terminator. Wednesday will be for touching up painting mistakes, dry brushing horns, and completing helmets, as well as washes. Then bases and I'm done with half my first vow :)

I, Tankus Wokus, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

• Dark Apostle, Mark Of Slaanesh (120 points)

• 6x Chaos Bikers, 6x Mark of Slaanesh,Icon of Excess, Lightning Claw, Plasma Gun (187 points)

• Helbrute, Twin-Linked Lascannon, Missile Launcher (135 points)

of a total value of 442 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to The Emperor's Children and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Dark Apostle

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/Tankus97/DSC04592.jpg

Chaos Bikers

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/Tankus97/DSC04593.jpg

Helbrute

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/Tankus97/DSC04594.jpg

Archived