+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Welcome Wokus - promising start there! Good luck.

@ Forte: THIS. IS. AMAZING! The amount of colours and shades on this head will surely please Slaanesh... Carry on sir! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

he looks so happy, and where is that head from?

It's from the normal tactical squad I think. But I've shaved it down and sculpted stretched skin.

11139411_1420221214963688_73694411795648

Looking really cool Forte, really looking forward to see how the Lord look.

I think the part from the Space Wolves kit:

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php/space-wolves-pack-bare-head-p-6226

Or

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php/space-wolves-pack-bare-head-p-6236

You know - for Call of Chaos your going have to convert up a really cool unit of Raptors bodyguards for him useing the 32mm base :D

2nd Rhino arrived today..... Need to put it together then post some pics up......Fist arrived for the Defiler/knight as well, so once I get that put together and figure out how to mount it (since I ordered one of the dreamforge fists to convert two days before they announced the new knight kits with the fists) then I can base coat it and get all of it painted up msn-wink.gif

Amazed at the vows and work being done so far.

Forte, that head is amazing! Great work!

~BtW

@ Forte: THIS. IS. AMAZING! The amount of colours and shades on this head will surely please Slaanesh... Carry on sir! :)

Only 5 different paints...though I may have mixed them a little. May need to fix the eyes though. Maybe even paint them a different colour. Chrome maybe.

Looking really cool Forte, really looking forward to see how the Lord look.

I think the part from the Space Wolves kit:

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php/space-wolves-pack-bare-head-p-6226

Or

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php/space-wolves-pack-bare-head-p-6236

You know - for Call of Chaos your going have to convert up a really cool unit of Raptors bodyguards for him useing the 32mm base :D

Well spotted. It was the mohawk one. As for Raptors, I already have a squad from after last year's ETL and I'm really not in a rush to paint more of them. The trim sent me a little crazy. But there are six and they are his bodyguards with either melta or flamers.

Cheers for the compliments too :tu:

and of course I run out of "likes"...

Five colours and mixes on just the head? :blink: Yes, you are right... the eyes are horrible... HORRRIBLE I SAY! How dare you present this to us! The nerve of some people...

:P

btw chrome is outright scary...

Onslaught (or pmsl without my phone changing it). Chrome it is then ;)

And you know how fussy I am. I've even been using pictures changed into black and white to make sure there's enough contrast between the light, medium, and dark tones. I really shouldn't have read the Figopedia book (all about light and colour) before painting him lol. I've also got a technique that Andy Wardle (painter of amazing Marines and possesses a scarily steady hand) demonstrated at Salute which I plan to use. Maybe some marble, bronze, expressionist style paint slapping, and who know what tutorials I find. Three months you say...

Well you could always paint on them...the mark of Nurgle :) So the three balls thing.  Other than that have the guys with the mark of Nurgle look more battle wore than the others. Like their armour is decaying around them. So rusty and dirty.

@Steve and STD: yay! Glad to see you guys back, buddies! And going for the Martyr title eh? Awesome!

@forté: that looks absolutely killer dude. Didn't you do some kind of tutoriul on that skin? If so, where is it?

@ACoC: ^^ MoN can be modelled with rust, PVA and sand spots on your moodels, tentacles sprouting from nooks and crannies everywhere, chipped armour, green stuffed pustules, green stuff layer with dents in it, PVA slime dripping from plates, nurglings running around bases and on shoulders, swapping heads with those of putric blight kings, plague bearers, nurglings etc, reallyi the possibilities are endless!! :tu:

I just realised i forgot to post the pre paint pics on here tongue.png

First, the parts of the Slaughtercult I have assembled:

Lord Grull'Phor:

gallery_10707_10667_494063.jpg

Powerfist Berzerker Squad:

gallery_10707_10667_185604.jpg

Power Sword Berzerker Squad:

gallery_10707_10667_341825.jpg

Plasma Pistol/Power Sword Berzerker Squad:

gallery_10707_10667_372398.jpg

For the Slaughtercult I still need some Possessed, which ar on the way from FW as I type, and the two units of Cultists.

For the Charnel Cohort:

Bloodletter Squad 1:

gallery_10707_10667_104796.jpg

Bloodletter Squad 2:

gallery_10707_10667_100077.jpg

Bloodcrusher Squad 1:

gallery_10707_10667_287483.jpg

For the Charnel Cohort I still nedd to assemble the Flesh hounds, and the Herald is also on the way from FW.

and last, but not least, Khar'Akhash'Gar, Bloodthirster of the 8th Host:

gallery_10707_10667_833527.jpg

- Luther.

@Aspiringchaoschampion. Unless you want to start making bents and chips in the models before priming I'd recommend heavy weathering. Paint them the same colours as your normal force but use more greens and browns in the highlights. Then go nuts on the weathering. Dirty wash colours like the old Devlan Mud built up in recesses and streaked down plates like leaking fluid, sponge chipping and rust would add to it too, and any exposed skin could be painted using yellow, green, and browns for shading and bone for main colour. Avoid normal skin colour paints as they look too healthy.

Just a few ideas though.

@forté: that looks absolutely killer dude. Didn't you do some kind of tutoriul on that skin? If so, where is it?

Do you mean the stretched skin or painting?

The stretched stuff I did do a mini tutorial on the faces I do a while back which I can try to find.

Painting wise, that would be trickier as I don't have a standard way to do it (there's already at least four variations in my army so far) and I now am more likely to try and use extra colours.

@Aspiringchaoschampion. Unless you want to start making bents and chips in the models before priming I'd recommend heavy weathering. Paint them the same colours as your normal force but use more greens and browns in the highlights. Then go nuts on the weathering. Dirty wash colours like the old Devlan Mud built up in recesses and streaked down plates like leaking fluid, sponge chipping and rust would add to it too, and any exposed skin could be painted using yellow, green, and browns for shading and bone for main colour. Avoid normal skin colour paints as they look too healthy.

Just a few ideas though.

Cheers mate i might just do something like that my oblits will be having Nurgles rot on their skin to give them a very diseased/pus filled look

By the way, I totted up our current total. We're at a shade under 30,000 points pledged, with at least two people still to vow that I know of. We're looking strong here folks, but lets see if we can crack 40,000 by the weekend.

Dragonlover

I just realised i forgot to post the pre paint pics on here tongue.png

First, the parts of the Slaughtercult I have assembled:

Lord Grull'Phor:

gallery_10707_10667_494063.jpg

Powerfist Berzerker Squad:

gallery_10707_10667_185604.jpg

Power Sword Berzerker Squad:

gallery_10707_10667_341825.jpg

Plasma Pistol/Power Sword Berzerker Squad:

gallery_10707_10667_372398.jpg

For the Slaughtercult I still need some Possessed, which ar on the way from FW as I type, and the two units of Cultists.

For the Charnel Cohort:

Bloodletter Squad 1:

gallery_10707_10667_104796.jpg

Bloodletter Squad 2:

gallery_10707_10667_100077.jpg

Bloodcrusher Squad 1:

gallery_10707_10667_287483.jpg

For the Charnel Cohort I still nedd to assemble the Flesh hounds, and the Herald is also on the way from FW.

and last, but not least, Khar'Akhash'Gar, Bloodthirster of the 8th Host:

gallery_10707_10667_833527.jpg

- Luther.

Luther, could you edit them in your initial vow post since it is linked in the first page? That way the rate will be able to track it down...

my turn !

I Thamier rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one chaos lord with the spineshiver blade and mark of slaanesh from Black legion of total value 115points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Balefire Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

there first vow started need to base then picture then paint :)

edit: a little late but here is the first picture

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/548251B9-3046-4F4F-B33D-3095042FD9BB_1.jpg

So I want to do lava bases for my khorney folks, can anyone recomend a good video tutorial? I saw a couple online and they either were sub par or used specialty texture paints that i dont have. I plan on using corkboard for the rocks, and I have greenstuff that I could use for the texturing.

Just make sure you really break the cork up. So many flat rock armies out there these days ;).

Rock and lava tutorials

Thanks I'll check those out. And yeah I have to go get some of those tools I saw a guy using in a YouTube video. Kind of looked like dentist tools which is unnerving in its own right.

So I want to do lava bases for my khorney folks, can anyone recomend a good video tutorial? I saw a couple online and they either were sub par or used specialty texture paints that i dont have. I plan on using corkboard for the rocks, and I have greenstuff that I could use for the texturing.

Just make sure you really break the cork up. So many flat rock armies out there these days ;).

Rock and lava tutorials

Thanks I'll check those out. And yeah I have to go get some of those tools I saw a guy using in a YouTube video. Kind of looked like dentist tools which is unnerving in its own right.

Silicone clay shapers. Way more useful and they dont stick ;)

Rock and lava tutorials

Silicone clay shapers. Way more useful and they dont stick ;)

Funnily enough the works sell a soft set of clay shapers for around £3, they ain't great but will do the job.

Archived