+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Hey Chaeron, talks cheap, you know ;) What I mean to say is, we're really waiting eagerly for your vow.

Overall I think that a lot of chaos guys are painting HH this time around (just have a look at their list of participants).

I personally found this weird debate about Legions vs. warbands to be disheartening. It kind of killed my motivation to paint everytime I looked at it. But like with a bad car accindent, you just can't not look. I'm still confident that I will finish my vow and do at least one more. Nothing too big though.

Anyways, let's not forget it's about the completion rate this time, not really about the biggest vows.

Hey Chaeron, talks cheap, you know msn-wink.gif What I mean to say is, we're really waiting eagerly for your vow.

Overall I think that a lot of chaos guys are painting HH this time around (just have a look at their list of participants).

I personally found this weird debate about Legions vs. warbands to be disheartening. It kind of killed my motivation to paint everytime I looked at it. But like with a bad car accindent, you just can't not look. I'm still confident that I will finish my vow and do at least one more. Nothing too big though.

Anyways, let's not forget it's about the completion rate this time, not really about the biggest vows.

Stay strong brother! Ultimately, the semantics are irrelevant, a follower of the Dark Gods is a follower of the Dark Gods. I think you're right though, weve lost a few guys to the Legions, and Fasha to the Mechanicum. Oh well, time to forge new legends!

Can i pledge and post the before and after pics later?

Yes you can, just edit the before pics into your original vow post since that's where Semper will link to. I'd be bloody impressed if you managed to post completed pics before making the vow, since that would involve time travel. Welcome aboard!

Dragonlover

Hey Chaeron, talks cheap, you know msn-wink.gif What I mean to say is, we're really waiting eagerly for your vow.

:lol: Entirely fair comment! Juggling lots of things at the moment, so I want to make the best contribution I can - just trying to be realistic too. I still definitely think we can overtake the Heresy gang anyway! (Although they will be producing some beautiful stuff :wub: )

my plan is to complete my first 3 vows this week here

Ambitious! I'm guessing three vows of 1 character?

Dragonlover

yup two lords and a Khârn

Ok fellow Chaos Lords... I'm having a terrible time with all this gold trim deciding on a version I like: which models gold do you prefer granted two don't have highlights:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/Shadowblade77/b07bf7a8803c02d5560fd58c44e01165_zpsipcpyhi3.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/Shadowblade77/2d7005414fe49641b25ed0d82e357728_zpsvxvowbzh.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/Shadowblade77/a48e7c7f51c5b022c71521ca3917e08b_zpsqqwbexee.jpg

I vow chaeron sends me all his monopose plastic 2nd ed plague marines and zerkers so i can rebase them for him. ;) god i love them minis.

And dont worry guys, i been doin a fair bit of heavy lifting the past year so im strong enuff to carry you. :p

I jest of course... Now get painting -.-

I vowed in the Chaos Black Legion ETL, but realized I was not included in the roster. 

So again I Sheesh Mode answer the glorious call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the units listed below from Codex:Chaos Spacemarines and Imperial Armor 13 at a total point value of 1754 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Redeemer Templar, Cannibal Pact, and the Black Legion. Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

[CHAOS]

(150) Chaos Lord w.Spine Shiver Blade/Plasma Pistol/Mark of Khorne/Sigil of Corruption/Veterans of the Long War

(282) (9) Chosen w.Veterans of the Long War/Mark of Nurgle/3 Power Mauls + Champion w.Lightning claw/Combi-Flamer

(130) (5) Raptor Squad w.Veterans of the Long War/Mark of Khorne + Champion w.Power Lance

(250) Landraider w.Dirge Caster/Extra Armor/Dozer blade

(75) Chaos Lord w.Lightning Claw

(144) (count-as) (5) Noise Marine squad w.Blastmaster/4 Close Combat Weapons + Champion w.Doom Siren

(144) (count-as) (5) Noise Marine squad w.Blastmaster/4 Close Combat Weapons + Champion w.Doom Siren

(52) Rhino w.Havoc Launcher.Dozer Blades

(52) Rhino w.Havoc Launcher.Dozer Blades

(175) (count as) Emperor's Children Sonic Dreadnought w.Blast Master

(150) (2) Chaos Rapier Battery w.Cyclotrathe Pattern Conversion Beamers

(150) (2) Chaos Rapier Battery w.Cyclotrathe Pattern Conversion Beamers

(Pictures incoming)

After going to a local wargaming show today. I've mange to pick up not one, but two classic Metal Chaos Dreadnought for £30. First one was £20, person took price down/know me from local event, they where trying to find me (thanks for my friends for help both of us) let me know about the model along with other 2nd ed models they had for sale & happy the Dreadnought went to a good home biggrin.png

Then later on another group of friends saw another metal classic Chaos Dreadnought & let me know, £10 for that.

So I'll be adding this to my original vow

So it

Helbrute, Extra Armour, Twin Linked Lascannon - 130
Helbrute, Extra Armour, Plasma Cannon, Siege Hammer - 125

So along with my 302 original vow (Terminators & Lord) that bring it to 557 points.

Be honesty I'm surprise I mange to get one never mind two of these models, I did ask friends to keep a eye out for this model but doubt it as it sort of hit & miss with out of print models that this event.

All in good condition, pretty much like brand new. No paint, paint strip or glue. Everything there & two chose of weapons both shooting & combat. It the old black box & just when the models went from lead base to white metal. Thought I think I might get a few arm from Forge World just for different look.

Just I like the metal classic Chaos Dreadnought. This time last year I re-painted the classic metal Dreadnought that was part of my Iron Warriors from the start/in 2001 & part my Conflict Scotland army, so go on & add to his glory & honour in brilliant games. Just they where release when I started the hobby.

Also need to try find 60mm base.

I should have my first vow finished and on the board within the next couple of days, as long as I can stop adding glazes laugh.png

My second vow will contain one of the old metal dreads, with Plasma & Scourge combo which I got along with my mates Chaos collection for the princely sum of free msn-wink.gif It was sooooooo much fun to assemble -_-

@ Slave to Darkness - I think I have a couple of those 2nd ed. plastic Plague Marines in my bits box (I only needed two for my squad) They're yours if you want them?

I think I'm gonna work on the Obliterators tonight. I'm getting some Tesco brand wipes tomorrow to get rid of the release agent on the Scorpion, but I need to do something towards the vow tonight if I can. Plus I can take them or the Chosen to work without worrying about damage.

Dragonlover

@ Slave to Darkness - I think I have a couple of those 2nd ed. plastic Plague Marines in my bits box (I only needed two for my squad) They're yours if you want them?

hell yes!!!

After going to a local wargaming show today.  I've mange to pick up not one, but two classic Metal Chaos Dreadnought for £30.  First one was £20, person took price down/know me from local event, they where trying to find me (thanks for my friends for help both of us) let me know about the model along with other 2nd ed models they had for sale & happy the Dreadnought went to a good home http://1.1.1.3/bmi/image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png

Then later on another group of friends saw another metal classic Chaos Dreadnought & let me know, £10 for that.

So I'll be adding this to my original vow

So it

Helbrute, Extra Armour, Twin Linked Lascannon - 130
Helbrute, Extra Armour, Plasma Cannon, Siege Hammer - 125

So along with my 302 original vow (Terminators & Lord) that bring it to 557 points.

Be honesty I'm surprise I mange to get one never mind two of these models, I did ask friends to keep a eye out for this model but doubt it as it sort of hit & miss with out of print models that this event. 

All in good condition, pretty much like brand new.  No paint, paint strip or glue.  Everything there & two chose of weapons both shooting & combat.  It the old black box & just when the models went from lead base to white metal.  Thought I think I might get a few arm from Forge World just for different look.

Just I like the metal classic Chaos Dreadnought.  This time last year I re-painted the classic metal Dreadnought that was part of my Iron Warriors from the start/in 2001 & part my Conflict Scotland army, so go on & add to his glory & honour in brilliant games.  Just they where release when I started the hobby.

Also need to try find 60mm base.

I think my mate might be trynna shift some of the old metal dreads, want me to ask him???

Also just a quick question, does anyone have the 3rd ed Dark Eldar dex??? I'm after a picture of a DE warrior in bone and raw flesh coloured armour, had a look online but cant find it and I'm trynna fig out how I'm gonna paint my Slaanesh stuff. 

hell yes!!!

PM me your details and I'll dig them out and get them in the post to you asap thumbsup.gif think it's 2 or 3 in total, which will need stripping.

Edit -Theres 2 of them and a spare bolter arm, but no backpacks (used em all up on my vows :lol:).

I vow chaeron sends me all his monopose plastic 2nd ed plague marines and zerkers so i can rebase them for him. ;) god i love them minis.

Haha, I love them too, so no chance!

I may just have to vow some...

As promised, some Obliterators:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/IMG_0246.jpg

@Chaeron: I think you should do what you suggested earlier - just post everything you've got, we'll pick the vow for you. Means the responsibility for the 400 zombies isn't yours any more!

Dragonlover

Well id make him vow the zombies. biggrin.png
Just started sculpting more detailed stuff on spare marine heads for practice, and shocked myself with the results once I got the hang. Of using smaller ammounts of gs. Now I dont need half of the bits I was gonna buy to finish building vow 2.

11233505_877714505621241_465592224920689

Bits done on Lucius and 'Fabulous Bill'

13725_877164755676216_126510077525201273

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-DLpHw2uhp60/VU6W9XILenI/AAAAAAAAAUE/RIK5KAOt0hA/s2048-no/IMG_1345.JPG

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-14pyy4N4gUk/VU6W-VGj4ZI/AAAAAAAAAUM/_F-AtHeRiyU/s2048-no/IMG_1349.JPG

Pretty annoyed that my lamp didn't arrive today. Makes doing the highlights tricky (only thing left now I think). I'll be starting on the bikes tomorrow. Herald is in bits and slowly getting there. Then I'll be ready for the next vow :)

Edit: I really like this model

Archived