+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

made some progress on my knight. It's my only vow, so i'm taking my time with it. Waiting for magnets so i can continue building it. In the mean time i worked on the armour plates. Added arrows, that i tried to make as if they were growing out of the armour, instead of being bolted on. Not sure if im sold on it, but i'm also unsure if i could do a better job at this stage. I think i will paint them Gold/brass, and just hope it looks good enough.

Here is a pic, but there is a bit more in my project log. As you can see i take heavy influence from GuitaRasmus' knight, and i'm not ashamed of that at all. His stuff is amazing!

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l579/UltraWaarom/Iron%20Warriors/2015-05-13%2010.55.06_zpsjm1xycrg.jpg

That's awesome - love the details, really, really effective!

@Chaeron: Respect, sir. I can't wait to see that happen. All the best for your vow and happy painting! May I ask what model your counts-as Warhound is going to be? I'm currently toying around with the idea of buying into a Dreamforge Leviathan for a Chaos Knight, which I understand is taller than a Knight, yet smaller than a Warhound ... 

Thank you! The model is the original Armorcast Warhound Titan, nice and retro, before Forge World started doing them! I'll post a comparison picture between my Knight from the last ETL and the Warhound from this year later too. May help you in your quest! I think the Leviathan would work well (a really nice model to boot), although I've not seen that many fully painted or in scale with other things - so would be very interested in seeing that!

@ Chaeron: There is style and there is Chaeron Style! Good luck - that's an enormous vow there... and an interesting one to boot! msn-wink.gif

@ The Psycho: I assume you don't want to start a Heresy army, otherwise losing it's a blessing in disguise! laugh.png

@ Kythnos: You do not have to purchase an entire platoon. You can do just the squad. I just need the squad to be correctly equipped and priced, that's all.

@ Brother Kortmer: Your entry is perfectly fine! (also there is no other authority - just the Master of Recruits msn-wink.gif )

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

A bit latter than planned but...

My turn...

I, Radagast's Raiders, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

Sorcerer (Terminator Armour, Veterans of the Long War, Combi-Plasma, Spell Familiar, Scolls of Magnus) 157pts

Sorcerer (Plasma Pistol, Spell Familiar, Dimensional Key) 115

Counts as Cypher 190

Chosen A

Champion (Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Gift of Mutation)

4 Chosen (Power Weapon, Pair of Lightning Claws, Plasma Gun, Power Fist, Icon of Vengeance) 240pts

Chosen B

Champion (Power Weapon, Combi-Bolter, Gift of Mutation)

4 Chosen (Power Weapon x3, Missile Launcher, Icon of Vengeance, Veterans of the Long War) 213pts

Chosen C

Champion (Plasma Pistol, Power Fist, Gift of Mutation)

4 Chosen (Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon, Veterans of the Long War) 180pts

Helbrute (Power Fist x2, Combi-Bolter, Heavy Flamer, (IA 13 Legacies of Ruin) Veteran of the Scouring) 160pts

Biker Squadron

Champion (Lightning Claw)

2 Bikers (Plasma Gun, Flamer) 105pts

of a total value of 1,120 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos in general and the Eternal Glory of Tzeentch in particular and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Before:

Terminator Sorcerer:

gallery_84538_10666_63011.jpg

Sorcerer:

gallery_84538_10666_343005.jpg

Cypher:

gallery_84538_10666_370680.jpg

Chosen A:

gallery_84538_10666_586462.jpg

Chosen B:

gallery_84538_10666_675637.jpg

Chosen C:

gallery_84538_10666_44065.jpg

Helbrute:

gallery_84538_10666_22403.jpg

Bikers:

gallery_84538_10666_510085.jpg

Got all the things out!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/ETLVow1_zpsq0qusajq.jpg

Few notes: need to build the remainder of the Havocs. Thankfully, I don't have *that* much building to do on top of that, bar the two Sicarans and those two lovely Daemon Princes. Oh, and some of the Raptors that are worse for wear. It will all look good in new livery and when done, anyway!

And for those who wanted a size comparison, I took a picture of the Armorcast Warhound next to an Imperial Knight for reference:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/WarhoundKnight_zpsjqqh9laa.jpg

(Had to up the contrast, sorry)

Likewise, it'll be in the scheme of the Legio Mortis - exciting!

@Rhadagast's Raiders: Welcome indeed!

@Chaeron: Dude that warhound is perhaps even larger (at least in height) as a FW Warhound. 415 points for it is still decent though, as though the detail is pretty good, it's less than the FW one. Can't wait for you to paint it!

@Brother Kortmer: To cite Pamela Poovey: "Sploosh"

Augustus

http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.15108895.2164/fc,550x550,black.u1.jpg

Also I went to start painting my blood letters last night and found that about 2/3 of my paints had dried up. It has been a while since I've painted! So no progress on actual paint but I did get the last thirtser built and primed. I'll be stopping at the GW on the way home, I have to get my last box of blood letters anyway I suppose. I'll be looking up good red tutorials today as well since I'm trying to step my game up and all. 

Augustus

http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.15108895.2164/fc,550x550,black.u1.jpg

Also I went to start painting my blood letters last night and found that about 2/3 of my paints had dried up. It has been a while since I've painted! So no progress on actual paint but I did get the last thirtser built and primed. I'll be stopping at the GW on the way home, I have to get my last box of blood letters anyway I suppose. I'll be looking up good red tutorials today as well since I'm trying to step my game up and all.

I know GW has changed their paints since the last time I used them.

But, I used to paint my Blood letters and Thirster by priming them white and applying multiple layers of red ink.

I now play a more Tzeentch style army_(I love monopolizing the psychic phase.)

But anyway, the new Blood for the Blood God as a skintone might look cool.

first vow done! added more highlights than i had planned but thats okay.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/24F5B997-4D55-4CF9-9C60-946A79DF7D8F_1.jpg

now gotta prepare next vow

I Thamier rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Chaos terminator lord with Axe of Korne and lightning claw,combat familiar from Demonkin of total value 168 on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Balefire Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/AA6BAD5E-767B-4C28-A72E-9B131B88C3E1.jpg

and it looks like i dindnt get my first 3 vows done this week been too preocupied with other stuff, but will pick up the pace later on.

I Aeternas rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Heldrake from Codex : Chaos space marines of total value 170 pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Night Lords and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

<snip>

Two score and fifteen adds up to 55, buddy! tongue.png naa naa na naaaaaaa naaaaaaa The Psycho made an addition boo boo! (welcome aboard, buddy thumbsup.gifmsn-wink.gif )

Right, mate. Thanks for catching it. Real life (college, ect.) has been taking its toll.

@ The Psycho: I assume you don't want to start a Heresy army, otherwise losing it's a blessing in disguise! laugh.png

Well, of course I want to start a Heresy army, it's my wallet that's diametrically opposed to the idea!biggrin.png

Project update.....

Was able to get the second Rhino put together......Now waiting for a not so windy day to get out and basecoat it and prime the Knight....

Also did a bit more work on the fist for the Knight/Defi.... Still needs something more though....

gallery_62728_6478_85631.jpg

gallery_62728_6478_44142.jpg

gallery_62728_6478_33258.jpg

gallery_62728_6478_7764.jpg

gallery_62728_6478_11374.jpg

gallery_62728_6478_29471.jpg

~BtW

Haha, nah. The knight is on a damn poster GW sent me with stuff. But I'm not really into Imperial Knights, to be honest.

Wha? They are just too killer looking not to squeeze one in...even if your a knucklehead like me who's using it for a counts as defi...

And Nice Fire Raptor....I am jealous of that!!

~BtW

Have to be honest that I agree with Vesper about Knights. Though I think for me it's more to do with the pose and the way they rarely look like they weigh more than a marine. One day I'll challenge myself.

And don't take that as I don't like to see Knights, especially corrupted ones. I'm just in no rush to make one myself.

I get ya Forte.... I wish they had a kit that was more Chaosy. Mutated but recognizable. Would be a million times better than what I am coming up with, but it's not gonna stop me ;)

~BtW

I get ya Forte.... I wish they had a kit that was more Chaosy. Mutated but recognizable. Would be a million times better than what I am coming up with, but it's not gonna stop me ;)

~BtW

That's the spirit. Plus yours will be a one of a kind too.

Trim done on the first five Chosen. Just trying to come up with the individual markings for them all now.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/IMG_0251.jpg

Dragonlover

Archived