+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

So I want to do lava bases for my khorney folks, can anyone recomend a good video tutorial? I saw a couple online and they either were sub par or used specialty texture paints that i dont have. I plan on using corkboard for the rocks, and I have greenstuff that I could use for the texturing.

Not sure if you've started this yet or not, but you can do a really cool lava effect with a hot glue gun (can probably get it any decent crafts store if you don't have one). Start by removing the glue stick. Let it heat up for several minutes on high. I'd recommend having something to rest it on that won't damage your work surface - like a chunk of metal or some layers of aluminum foil.

Once the gun has heated up, drag the tip of the nozzle along the plastic base in whatever design you want. Do this slowly or else you'll get ripples that don't look right. If you need to smooth out the appearance use the side of the nozzle. Once the plastic has redried you clean up any any rogue strands of plastic with a knife. Paint as normal.

I used this technique on some Fantasy KhorneWarriors since I wanted to rivers of blood and didn't have any clue how to go about it. Eventually I hit on the idea of literally creating channels in the plastic by melting it.

Here are the results.

Things have been very busy recently with both work and family so I've only been able to work on one of the two Daemonette squads (at work in my lunch hour).

What progress I do have to show:

The Alluress

med_gallery_63428_9407_29921.jpg

Still to do: etherblade, nails/horns (those white toenails are NOT final!), mask and the cloth trim of `her` loincloth.

And her sisters (who are a couple of steps behind painting-wise):

med_gallery_63428_9407_933399.jpg

3 CSMs to base coat then I'll be able to say everything in my first vow has been touched by paint.

If I don't get distracted, I might have this vow finished either today or tomorrow.

Seeing all the awesome work done by everyone almost had me reconsider participating due to my lack of skill with a paint brush.

But, then I remind myself/my sweetheart reminds me "you can only get better with practice" .

Kierdale - Really like the Slannesh Daemon models, the Witch mask from Dark Elfs fit in really well with the models.

Steve Shields - Just a note that they are on sale from any event Forge World attend, check out there web site see which event there attending.  I pick up two for myself & hopeful get another in the future as IV legion my main army & these are good t-shirt.  Got to rep the IV Legion :D

As promised yesterday, here's what i have finished thus far:

Terminator Sorcerer, (the mutant book thing flying above his head is his Spell Familiar, and the book it's holding is his Scrolls of Magnus)

gallery_84538_10666_41847.jpg

Power Armour Sorcerer, (the red/gold thing on his belt is the reliquary that holds his Dimensional key)

gallery_84538_10666_5847.jpg

here's a view that better shows his Spell Familiar

gallery_84538_10666_447188.jpg

My version of Cypher

gallery_84538_10666_257973.jpg

His infamous sword

gallery_84538_10666_416851.jpg

Chosen A (Icon of Vengeance is a stolen Space Wolve's Banner)

gallery_84538_10666_313138.jpg

The 3 armed Champion

gallery_84538_10666_34206.jpg

slightly better view of Icon and Lightning Claws Marine

gallery_84538_10666_131556.jpg

better view of Power Fist Marine

gallery_84538_10666_301039.jpg

The Bikers

gallery_84538_10666_362666.jpg

Champion

gallery_84538_10666_309245.jpg

Plasma Gunner

gallery_84538_10666_367913.jpg

Flamer

gallery_84538_10666_116446.jpg

I know I need a better camera. if I can get access to one before August 1, I will retake all of my 'After' pictures.

I have 2 squads of Chosen and a Helbute to finish.

Terminator Sorcerer, (the mutant book thing flying above his head is his Spell Familiar, and the book it's holding is his Scrolls of Magnus)

gallery_84538_10666_41847.jpg

Power Armour Sorcerer, (the red/gold thing on his belt is the reliquary that holds his Dimensional key)

gallery_84538_10666_5847.jpg

here's a view that better shows his Spell Familiar

gallery_84538_10666_447188.jpg

My version of Cypher

gallery_84538_10666_257973.jpg

His infamous sword

gallery_84538_10666_416851.jpg

Chosen A (Icon of Vengeance is a stolen Space Wolve's Banner)

gallery_84538_10666_313138.jpg

The 3 armed Champion

gallery_84538_10666_34206.jpg

slightly better view of Icon and Lightning Claws Marine

gallery_84538_10666_131556.jpg

better view of Power Fist Marine

gallery_84538_10666_301039.jpg

The Bikers

gallery_84538_10666_362666.jpg

Champion

gallery_84538_10666_309245.jpg

Plasma Gunner

gallery_84538_10666_367913.jpg

Flamer

gallery_84538_10666_116446.jpg

I know I need a better camera. if I can get access to one before August 1, I will retake all of my 'After' pictures.

Nice LOVE the tzeench theme

OK, so I changed my mind due to the soul crushing greatness that was WW opening and all the pics. I ordered the 3 Cerastus Knights instead of Ad Mech stuff. I should be able to bid one and get it done for ETL if the shipping is normal (generally 2 weeks to me).

Progress from today

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09940_zps5mpzso1k.jpg

I've just got the Champion to convert up. But I'm waiting on a Forge World order to arrive, just few things that where not there during yesterday.

Like wise, both Dreadnought are waiting on there arm's to arrive from Forge World.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09941_zpsknxszua4.jpg

Base should hopeful be done some point tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks.

I've always been a fan of the Changer of Fate.

And I have good news.

I've been granted access to a much , much better camera. As soon as these 2 squads and Helbrute are finished , I will be taking/retaking all of my "after" pictures

Thanks.

I've always been a fan of the Changer of Fate.

And I have good news.

I've been granted access to a much , much better camera. As soon as these 2 squads and Helbrute are finished , I will be taking/retaking all of my "after" pictures

Me too.but i find Nurgle less frustrating to play

OK..

I Uveron rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete A Chaos Lord, 10 Chaos Space Marines and 5 Chaos Chosen from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 500 on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Iron Warriors Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

And this is the Pre-Spray Image of the units.. 

IMG_20150517_155500126.jpg

I Bad Santa rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

I) Huron Blackheart - 160 pts

w3R5Zk7KGBo.jpg

II) Sorcerer (Lvl.2) in Red Corsairs colurs - 85 pts

ZyqTjdV3DNg.jpg

III) Raptors (2 x meltagun, combimelta) in Red Corsairs colours - 125 pts

MmIr4NQXJ1Q.jpg

IV) Sorcerer (Mark of Slaanesh, Lvl.2) in Flawless Host colours - 100 pts

CuHV7t734k0.jpg

V) CSM warband (15 models) in Flawless Host colours - 320 pts
    - 15 CSM, 2 x plasmagun, Aspiring Champion with Combiplasma and Lightning Claw, 5 BP & CCW, other with bolters, mark of slaanesh, Icon of Excess.

xJLk8kKUUXE.jpg

from Chaos Space Marines Codex of total value 790 pts. on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the "Red Corsairs" CSM chapter and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

My progress will be showed here - Red Corsairs WIP thread.

*with an evil clanking and churning sound, a blood red, gore-stained Rhino chugs into view*

I consider my Vow complete. 

Pictures or it didn't happen!

ALso, everyone: can we agree to delete all pictures from quotes (or at least put them behind *spoilers*? It's kinda weird having to scroll through the same set of mini's twice, just to read one sentence commenting on them (positive though it is)! :tu: :tu:

@ ChaosRising: I'm afraid I need the pics of the finished vow. Until this is done I cannot register your completion or accept a follow-up vow.

@ Radaghast's Raiders: Well done - huge progress so far but you need to work on the photo-focus. It's a pity because almost all your stuff is so much out of focus it's difficult to appreciate your work... Your keyboard on the other hand is crystal clear! laugh.png tongue.png

@ Uveron: Welcome to the ETL! Looks very promising! Good luck!

@ Bad Santa: Great to see the Red Corsairs making an appearance Bad Santa! Good luck! thumbsup.gif

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Welcome Uveron and Bad Santa!

Didn't get any painting done yesterday, couldn't be bothered to argue with my brass. Might switch to the Sorcerer for a bit, sure its still trim but it's only one model.

Dragonlover

Kierdale - They are AWESOME! Nice work so far by all cool.png

Here is where I am with JuggerUrkrathos, just some gold smile.png So far Balthasar Gold, washed with Agrax, then drybrushed with a heavy dose of Giennas(sp?) Gold. Needs some fine highlighting and weathering will come much later -

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/0c9990fd-a926-41a8-9c48-8392e2c7d4db.jpg

Some great positive progress team - and welcome to those new to the horde!

Tonight, I'm going to try and build the disassembled Raptors, and I'm going to wash the resin Autocannons and Daemon Princes. If I can build the Autocannon Havocs too, I will! I'm really hoping that the weather conditions will be suitable tomorrow to get that all sprayed (and anything else that needs it, i.e. Warhound...). Sicaran's may have to wait for another day, as I want to do them both at once, and hopefully well. 

I was thinking of putting some internal personal deadlines to maximise vow potential, but given vow size and my time, probably sensible not to :lol:

So good to see completions and further vows starting to snowball!

Archived