+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

All the Khorney goodness is making me jealous of my allegiance I've taken....

But I HAVE to finish these IW. They've loitered for months.

http://i60.tinypic.com/adf989.jpg 

http://i61.tinypic.com/30sk8eo.jpg 

If I finish quickly, perhaps I'll return to the One True God.

Need a couple of opinions, If I was to have a rider (I say this in the loosest term possible) for a heldrake, and with one hand free (the other is holding chains for reins) what should he be holding? Current options include staff, pistol and banner. I would prefer not to have a melee weapon, but he could also be gripping onto the drake. Opinions?

Here goes #2

I oreaper pledge to the god of blood and skulls and to all my fellow followers to the dark gods the 2nd vow for this ETL to be as follows: 2x  8 man squads of zerkers with axe of knorne in a rhino with havoc launcher and dozerblades (500)//5 possesed (150)// 2x 8 man sqauds of khorne cultists (116)//5 khorne spawn (160)//lord rataxxus headtaker w/ sigil of curruption, axe of ruin, axe of khorne (190). This totals 1116 points to be completed for the side of chaos!

Images of possesed and cultists to follow

Ordered a fire raptor in preparation for second vow, along with another box of marines and hopefully some more termies. Now, back to the forge for my heldrake...

I've really struggled to complete my first vow, one more model left though, but it's another Heldrake and I'm having difficulty in mounting him on his flying stem

Is the Heldrake not fitting onto the flying stand?  I found I needed to file a little bit for heldrake go onto the flying base.

Mange to get base ready for 3x Terminators & classic Metal Dreadnought today, along with (none ETL) Dark Mechanicus models before watching Game of Thrones.  Aim get the models undercaoted tomorrow & then leadbelcher spray, get all shade painted onto the models & get all the armour stage done.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09946_zps3cqgstqq.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09947_zpsf5mm5b5g.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09948_zpsxgrh4ys8.jpg

This is my current attachment, as the model is rather different to the standard Heldrake. I think what I'll need to do is get some stiff paper, and maybe a Citadel Wood and disguise the flying stand as a tree to suit the pose, or maybe a stone monolith.

ETL IV - Vow 1 - Heldrake 2 - During 1

I have not been idle! I've built all ten Raptors, a few bits of salvage here and there. I'm missing an arm, four bitsboxes yielded nothing appropriate - so I'll dig one out tomorrow, spray the rest and good to get painting on those.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/Raptors_zpswybduufo.jpg

Here's a photo, I expect a Raptorous reception...

I also built a few other things, and will continue to. Have to think of future vows, right?

Quick question:

When I first pledged my vow I was planning to represent Veterans of the Long War/the Helbrute's Legacy of Ruin (IA 13) by painting them in scavenged armor.

I've been thinking about a cooler way to show it.

They've been fighting since the before the Horus Heresy.

Does this mean they had to be alive the entire time?

What I'm asking is this;

If I try painting those units that I purchased the Veterans rule as spectres/ghosts would it be permissable?

Edit: Auto correct six!!!

WIP

Finished First 2 stages of painting the first 5 marines.  (Whats the code for Spoiler tags BTW?)

IMG_20150518_083030708.jpg

First I spray with Armybuilder 'Plate Mail' then I touch it up with Leadbelcher. Then the edges with Sycorax Bronze and then shade the model with Nuln Oil.

IMG_20150518_171935749.jpg

Then layer the Silver with Ironbreaker.

@ Radagast's Raiders - Now that sounds pretty cool!

Well I have not been idle, beyond having to keep an eye on the missus due to suspected appendicitis -_- so therefore not getting much sleep. Thankfully she seems to be recovering.

So far I have got the black highlighted and the base metal on with a wash to tie it all together, just gotta move forward with the metal highlights, red & gold then vow 2 is done bar the details :)

Should hopefully have this one bashed out by the end of the weekend, then it's on to vow 3......which will probably cost me what remains of my sanity teehee.gif

Good to see some new vows and progress overall :tu:

Remember gentlepersons....WE ARE THE HYPE!

@Semper-Hey Cap, I had started a base coat on my terminator lord before ETL started. Can I still put it in my vow?

Post a picture and he'll decide from that :tu:

Hopefully forte cracks the whip "literally".

Augustus skins your hide.

-Kurama

Think I can manage both of those. Though you may prefer Augustus to skin you as he kills you first. That's spoils the experience :D

oreaper84: Your second vow is registered. Good luck!

ChaosRising: Your completion is registered - congratulations! Will you consider a follow-up?

Blackheart1223: Well, if it is in early stages of painting, it'll be fine. PM me the pic to give you a ruling!

Radagast's Raiders: Totally!!! Let's see that! :woot:

PLEASE CHECK THE FIRST PAGE TO MAKE SURE YOUR STATUS IS CORRECTLY REPRESENTED AND LET ME KNOW IF IT'S NOT!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

This is my current attachment, as the model is rather different to the standard Heldrake. I think what I'll need to do is get some stiff paper, and maybe a Citadel Wood and disguise the flying stand as a tree to suit the pose, or maybe a stone monolith.

I would most DEFINITELY ditch the entire flying stand and go for a thick piece of steel rod in a drilled hole in the drake. You can attache the bottom part of the rod to the stand by bending it in a 90 degree angle (so you get an L shape), then bending the lower part horizontally in a 90 degree angle, and covering the horizontal L with GS or Milliput.

Hopefully forte cracks the whip "literally".

Augustus skins your hide.

-Kurama

Think I can manage both of those. Though you may prefer Augustus to skin you as he kills you first. That's spoils the experience biggrin.png

Hahaha as if! I'd keep you alive throughout the ordeal, then lock you in a cage and heft that on a staff. I'd then carry you into battle to show you to your friends and have you scream for their help. And if you're nice, you'd get a cup of tea at 4PM.

I made some progress on the body:

gallery_80057_10843_36331.jpg

wub.png

Have to be honest that I agree with Vesper about Knights. Though I think for me it's more to do with the pose and the way they rarely look like they weigh more than a marine. One day I'll challenge myself.

And don't take that as I don't like to see Knights, especially corrupted ones. I'm just in no rush to make one myself.

Did i tell you im getting a knight for me birthday :P

Archived