+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE EXCESSIVE BANTER?

Guys and gals, we're the Chaos Strategium. At the end of the ETL, we have to at least have filled 100 pages. At this rate, we're not going to make it. OR ARE WE??

I'm not saying we should start uploading dancing GIFs like last year, no no. Not at all. That would warrant a stern warning by our Lord Semper. So NO dancing GIFs. NONE. Seriously. No dancing GIFs. Not even one.

msn-wink.gif

gimme a chance, not had internet for a week...

Hidden Content
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-38447-everything-is-awesome-gif-lego-GdJw.gif

Due to the lack of internet I couldn't update, I finished my vow on Friday and Semper them wings got here Wednesday, thanks again, your a lifesaver.

Okay Vow 2 complete.

Group Shot

11059664_881649221894436_680393390879102

Lord

11012036_881649155227776_448694700000564

Warp Talons

10421293_881649161894442_916207614896561

Lucus

1531763_881649205227771_5076589304286947

I wasn't sure where I was gong with his face, or what I wanted to achieve, so I just gave up rather than mess it up more, it'll do for now.

AAAAAAAAAND

I SlavetoDarkness, blah blah blah the following chosen from Codex Chaos Marines and Codex Daemons,
Units chosen from Codex Chaos Marines
Fabius Bile. 165
Chaos Lord - Mark of Slaanesh, Lightning Claw, Murder Sword, Sigil of Corruption. 155
Chaos Lord - Mark of Slaanesh, Bike, Power Sword, Gift of Mutation, .125
Dark Apostle - Mark of Slaanesh, Burning Brand. 150
x5 Chosen - Mark of Slaanesh, x5 Power Swords, Icon of Excess, Rhino, Havoc Launcher, Dirge Caster. 262
x6 Terminators - Mark of Slaanesh, Chainfist, Lightning Claw, x2 Combi Weapons, Reaper Autocannon, Icon of Excess. 302
x6 Possessed - Mark of Slaanesh, Giift of Mutation, Icon of Excess, Rhno, Dirge Caster. 259
x6 CSM - Mark of Slaanesh, Power Sword, Plasma Gun, Icon of Excess. 160
x6 CSM - Mark of Slaanesh, Power Sword, Plasma Pistol, Melta Gun, extra CCW, Icon of Excess. 182
x6 CSM - Mark of Slaanesh, Plasma Pistol, Power Sword, Flamer, extra CCW, Icon of Excess. 177
x6 CSM (Biles Enhanced Warriors) - Mark of Slaanesh, Power Sword, Chain Axe, Meltagun, extra CCW, Icon of Excess, Rhino, Dirge Caster. 215
Spawn - Mark of Slaanesh. 33
Helbrute - Plasma Cannon, Power Scourge. 125
Helbrute - Reaper Autocannon, Power Scourge. 120
Helbrute - no upgrades. 105
Units chosen from Codex Daemons
Daemon Prince - Mark of Slaanesh, Wings, Warp Forged Armour, Exalted Reward (Pillar of Souls/Portalglyph), Greater Reward (Shiny Sword) 265
The Masque. 75
Daemonettes - Alluress, Instrument of Chaos, Icon of Chaos/Rapturous Standard. 125
yadda yadda 3000 points, something something 1st August stuff.
Fabius
10403364_881651651894193_373252287552671
Still working on his backpack
Spawn 'Juliette' Internet cookies for anyone who gets the reference.
10407868_881651648560860_266356499844087
Biles Enhanced lot, very WIP, flash died as I took it so bad image.
11096642_881651645227527_495584018982841
Most of the rest
10423632_881651671894191_523578674088512
'Nettes
11230726_881651661894192_430161951131848
I'm picking up the bits for my Dark Apostle and the Masque next week, I'll update this post with images when I build them.

Legionnaires and renegades, murderers and sycophants, worshipers and dilettantes, lend me your ear!

We are of great strength this year, but we need to increase our potential output to win. Therefore, Forte and I have been working on a satelite event wherein ETL IV Chaos participants are encouraged and rewarded to double, triple, quadruple, yes, even quintuple their ETL IV points output. 

VOW YOUR SOUL TO CHAOS!!!!

Please find the satellite event and put your soul vows in this thread.

Last year I earned a badge of shame for not completing my vow. Gasp! However the blood God has lashed me plenty for breaking such a sacred oath. I am here to hopefully regain my honor. I'll post my oath in the next day or 2. :)

Slave, those Warp Talons - immense! Faces are insanely good.

Thanks, but I cant take all the credit, some of that goes to Forte with my annoying 'help me' messages at 5:30 am on facebook with painting tips. otherwise they would look like giant pink nipples. 

I am really envious of you guys that post up your pics so easily. I tear mine apart will before the *click* of the camera as I never like how they turn out. tongue.png

That said, I've got a few shots of my BT and one of the Decimator.

Moving on to smaller guys for a bit so I can feel like I am building up some momentum over the next few weeks. Super bad lighting it seems, they take better at night.

gallery_51766_10709_115644.jpg
gallery_51766_10709_80910.jpg
gallery_51766_10709_81374.jpg

Slave, those Warp Talons - immense! Faces are insanely good.

Thanks, but I cant take all the credit, some of that goes to Forte with my annoying 'help me' messages at 5:30 am on facebook with painting tips. otherwise they would look like giant pink nipples.

Lucky I'm usually up at that time eh ;)

Big improvement with these though and your conversions have jumped ahead too. That spawn is just the right amount of twisted :tu:

Scions of the Flame

Thousand Sons counts as done. Fluff will be in my thread. 

Guys, it is truly an honour to stand among such talented painters and see your work come to life on these hallowed pages. Keep it up chaps. Death to the False Emperor and all that. 

Spawns still at the embryotic stage, thats gonna take a lot of work, probably gonna be the thing that holds the vow up, ive allready badecoated and inked 12 marines 3 terminators and a rhino. Just worked out how many banners i need to paint. One is not amused

I am not participating, because I hate 40k these days and no longer play or own any chaos marines models anyway nor will I be buying any new ones ever.  However, if someone like me were to participate, some one who isn't me because I'm again most certainly not participating, would 'models primed black, and bases painted, but not fully done since I'm someone is a hypothetical person who isn't real and isn't me might be buying base conversion rings for them and those will have to be done and painted anyway once they arrive' be sufficiently early in the painting process to count as a "pre" picture?

Purely hypothetically, mind.

Because it isn't ever happening.

Because I washed my hands of this years ago, and the angry screams of my lovingly converted yet never painted chosen which do not emanate from my figure case because I got rid of those things ages ago absolutely do not keep me up at night.

I am not participating, because I hate 40k these days and no longer play or own any chaos marines models anyway nor will I be buying any new ones ever.  However, if someone like me were to participate, some one who isn't me because I'm again most certainly not participating, would 'models primed black, and bases painted, but not fully done since I'm someone is a hypothetical person who isn't real and isn't me might be buying base conversion rings for them and those will have to be done and painted anyway once they arrive' be sufficiently early in the painting process to count as a "pre" picture?

Purely hypothetically, mind.

Because it isn't ever happening.

Because I washed my hands of this years ago, and the angry screams of my lovingly converted yet never painted chosen which do not emanate from my figure case because I got rid of those things ages ago absolutely do not keep me up at night.

Frankly I'm glad you're hypothetically not participating this year, mal. To be perfectly dishonest, your miniatures aren't really up to speed with the rest of us, and we certainly don't dislike you not posting pictures over here. So please don't go any further than the basecoat, because we like our eyes, and that maulerfiend of yours last year already made me scratch at them.

I, miteyheroes, bring the Khorne Daemonkin forces of Hans Kho'ren's Skull Takers to join the fight against our Emperor-worshipping cousins, for the glory of Angron and Khorne. For my first vow I bring a small but perfectly formed Blood Host. They shall be finished before the 1st August, or else I shall bear the badge of dishonor.

• 1 Herald, 55pts
  • 5 Possessed, 150pts
  • 5 Possessed, 150pts
  • 8 Chaos Space Marines, 130pts
  • 8 Chaos Space Marines, 130pts
  • 1 Helbrute, 100pts
For a total of 715pts.

(Edited to add: prices are correct from Codex: Khorne Daemonkin, are pricier than Codex: Chaos Space Marines as they include the Mark of Khorne.) 

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8835/17664492989_ef293468e8_d.jpghttp://farm9.staticflickr.com/8764/17851228541_9a7955754f_d.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8732/17168035870_7138812339_d.jpghttp://farm6.staticflickr.com/5349/17230358273_c841112ab0_d.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7727/16735355083_78e1368010_d.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7756/17168044820_98ecea7041_d.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7730/17355601005_6a3204dc5a_d.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7721/17168041220_cfe63e2229_d.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8771/17230359563_be192d69d2_d.jpg

Commentary etc in the project log: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/302073-lords-of-blood-angrons-forces-of-armageddon/

Posted · Hidden by Iron-Daemon Forge, May 19, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Iron-Daemon Forge, May 19, 2015 - No reason given

Let leave the personal comment out of here.  This topic is about the ETL, we are here to get cool models built & painted for our armies as well as support each other to complete our vows.

miteyheroes - Really looking forward see the models painted, there looking really cool.

Welcome Miteyheroes! That juggerbrute looks awesome - great conversion mate!! :D

A couple things about your vow though (and this is purely to be fair - because I welcome any and all points vowed to chaos): possessed are 130 points for 5, and 8 space marines come in at 114 points.

Perhaps there is wargear or marks that you didn't account for in the points value and which would make up for the points difference, please specify those in the vow! :tu:

oreaper84: Your second vow is registered. Good luck!

ChaosRising: Your completion is registered - congratulations! Will you consider a follow-up?

PLEASE CHECK THE FIRST PAGE TO MAKE SURE YOUR STATUS IS CORRECTLY REPRESENTED AND LET ME KNOW IF IT'S NOT!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Why I thought you'd never ask. I'll be posting a new vow soon.

So for those of you that have done large models, how do you do it? 

The Bloodthirster is the largest model I have done, and to say I struggled with an efficient plan would be an understatement. I generally assembly line paint my infantry, all the red, all the metals, all the bone, all the washing, ect. With the large model though, I kept missing things, wanting to go back, touchup this, add a highlight, now its too bright, wash it back down...etc etc.

All told, it was too much time, for too little return. :D

Any words of corrupted wisdom would be appreciated as I have those Knights coming down the pipe.

Does anyone have experience with 32mm conversion rings?  I've found two primary sources:

http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=761

http://eccentricminiatures.com/adapterrings.html

The Eccentric ones are cheaper, but the secret weapon ones don't cost so much more that I really care.  I'm mostly concerned with quality, here.  Has anyone tried either of these?

I mean, hypothetically.  For a friend.  For a hypothetical friend.

So for those of you that have done large models, how do you do it?

The Bloodthirster is the largest model I have done, and to say I struggled with an efficient plan would be an understatement. I generally assembly line paint my infantry, all the red, all the metals, all the bone, all the washing, ect. With the large model though, I kept missing things, wanting to go back, touchup this, add a highlight, now its too bright, wash it back down...etc etc.

All told, it was too much time, for too little return. biggrin.png

Any words of corrupted wisdom would be appreciated as I have those Knights coming down the pipe.

Definitely harder. I tend to work in layers - treat it as though you were doing it in an assembly line, in terms of highlights or whatever. I generally block colour whatever I'm doing, but then start working up and making sure I do everything that need that certain colour, go over it really carefully, switch to next - and alternate highlighting between say flesh and metal. Don't be afraid of wanting to look at it from distance, and then go for further exaggerated highlights or whatever - make it stand out!

Knights are definitely hard - I found the best way to make them look good for my purposes was contrast - lots of different colours, not so much that it detracts from them, but a nice bright trim in contrast to the metal, and a spot colour to make things pop (mine was red for instance), goes a long way. Remember, you're going for the overall effect - so don't be afraid to drybrush and wash on the larger parts, and save the detail for where it'll actually be seen on raised panels or on trim.

Todays Work.

all the Metallic's done, Runelord Brass on the Brass sections, with a hightlight of Auric Armour Gold. And the Silver touched up with a drybrush of Necron Compound

IMG_20150519_081513462.jpg

Next up the details, and then I will return for a final touch-up with all the metalics (if I have missed something)

Archived