+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Bleirgh being too distracted killing loyalists and stealing their orphans to sacrifice to the grand father to paint.

Also hmmm Mali and Fortes rivalry my marines will stay out of this providing you both keep your hands off my warbands hired help

What hired help would that be?

Lot of cool models, really looking forward to see all these vows complete.  Be cool to try get a showcase topic posted once the ETL is finish.

Forge World - pretty much just stuff that was not in stock during the Warhammer World open day - arrive today

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09962_zpsoncq5vgq.jpg

Arms for the two classic Metal Chaos Dreadnought & the Khorne Terminator lord for Terminator Champion & parts toward the Lord in Power Armour.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09963_zpsxwjvvp4e.jpg

Started painting one out of the two classic Metal Chaos Dreadnought on Friday there.  Hopeful get a hour tomorrow get bit more painting done.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09968_zpspdaf3nkg.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09969_zpsnltg54ax.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09970_zpsdqpawtzg.jpg

Spent Wed & best part today painting the three Terminators there.  Still bit more to paint - Blood for the Blood god & few other parts & then they should be finish, hopeful get a hour tomorrow get some painting done.  Just need to convert the Champion when time permit.

Hopeful have the Lord in Power Armour sorted in two week time.  Just a few parts to buy for the conversion.

@Beraringtheword: I do agree with Semper that that Knight looks fricking awesome, BearningtheWord. Beautifiul colourscheme and really high picture quality too! thumbsup.gif However, why in all of the seven hells of Chaos you denied our faction a whopping 155 points by vowing that Knight as a Defiler remains beyond me, despite your explanation. If anything, those conversions should have yielded you MORE points (perhaps by vowing it as a Knight Warden for 385 or something)... If 'not feeling good about it' is an issue with you, perhaps you should have joined the goody-two-shoes Dark Angels strategium. msn-wink.gif tongue.png Seriously though: awesome job and keep those stunning models coming! thumbsup.gif

Speaking of picture quality, I uploaded some very poor quality pictures of my Rapier batteries and of my Predator Annihilator before. They absolutely didn't live up to my standards, so I redid the photo shoot and substituted the pictures in their respective entries in my showcase. I feel like I owe it to the ETL to put some here as well...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/2015-05-23%2021.27.52_zpszrvoe39y.jpg

More pictures of the Rapier Quad Heavy Bolter Batteries are uploaded here.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/2015-05-23%2021.20.20_zps24ajly3p.jpg

More pictures of the Predator Annihilator are uploaded here

beautiful stuff as always guys. ive got as far as i can without the paints i need, got all my vow basecoated, cant do anything more till wednesday now. so ill be building stuff for vow 4 to go with the knight im getting, for vow 5 i can easily knock out 3k of nurgle stuff with my spares and repaintng some of my older units, even got some khorne doodads to do as well as a dreadclaw im building out of a marine drop pod and defiler legs. as long as i can stay focused and keep up the speed im doing stuff atm ill have everything done by july. 

Bleirgh being too distracted killing loyalists and stealing their orphans to sacrifice to the grand father to paint.

Also hmmm Mali and Fortes rivalry my marines will stay out of this providing you both keep your hands off my warbands hired help

What hired help would that be?

Imperial hive scum forced into labour

And now for my second Vow.....

"I, Bearingtheword, having completed my first vow, now vow to complete a second vow for the 2015 ETL consisting of the following:

1 Chaos Daemon Prince of Tzeentch, with three mastery levels, power armour, wings, Prophet of the Voices and close combat weapon (325pts)

3 Chaos Spawn (90pts)

10 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch, with an icon of Chaos, and an instrument of Chaos (110pts)

Amounting to a total of 525pts, to be completed before August 1, 2015."

http://1.1.1.3/bmi/image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_6478/gallery_62728_6478_47044.jpg

~BtW

no marks on your spawn?

Crap...forgot to add it in...... will fix it.... (PM sent to Captain Semper)

Augustus, thanks..... and awe inspiring models you've posted pics of....makes me want some Night Lords!

When I made the vow the warden wasn't even released.... =/ ...... No sweat tho...I am making up for it....picking up some other models to cover the loss msn-wink.gif

The timing on ETL has been great as my gaming group is starting a narrative campaign in mid June.....Bad side is I also have some Orks, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Astra Militarum, Tyranids,Tau and the Planetary Empires stuff to paint, on top of my Chaos forces.... Right now my focus is on getting Chaos vows done... and the other stuff is stuff that I could have decided to paint for another ETL faction....but I couldn't deny my Word Bearers, so that -155 compared to the 1000+ of DA and/or Space Wolves denied to them puts us out ahead in my book as well msn-wink.gif

~BtW

@ Bearingtheword: Got it! Everything should be fine in the front page. Good luck mate and if Augustus is bullying you, set your Knight Defiler on his pretty NLs... See what's left of them afterwards (hint: not much)

@ Augustus: Speaking of pretty NLs, those are amazing mate. You just totally "get" them... And the picture quality is just top notch. Keep inspiring us mate!

@ IP: I have those dreads... somewhere... In fact I have the one with the clawed feet - a rarity I believe. And I painted them as IW too - that was back in the 90s when the models were current... Now I'm getting all sentimental about them - especially painted to your (extremely high) standards. Metal termies too... wub.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Captain Semper, thanks! Already plotting a possible third vow....

Played a small 1000pt game against Deldar tonight.... the Defi "Helknight" tore stuff up! Took down a Raider and killed 6 of the 10 pointy ears inside and sent their screaming souls to Slaanesh, then made a 10 inch charge and ripped apart a Ravager just for giggles....Never took a scratch through 6 turns devil.gif

Tomorrow it's back to the paint bench to knock out some of the second vow!

I'm moving house on the 31 of May, and so I have been rather busy, and will be during the summer, but I at the very least hope to get something done. As so many others here, I want to use this as an excuse to get unpainted stuff painted, and so...

I Totgeboren rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete;

10 Chosen, Veterans of the Long War, 5 plasmaguns, Champion with combi-plasma, power sword and meltabomb. 305 pts.

1 Helbrute, plasma cannon and heavy flamer. 130 pts.

from Codex Chaos Space Marines of total value 435 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the XVIIth Legion, the Word Bearers and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/totgeboren40/Daemons/PICT2480.jpg

I love it. 'Oh, I'm moving house, the second most stressful thing after getting married. Sure, I'll paint some guys, nothing can go wrong here!'

What I'm saying is, welcome aboard totgeboren! Also anyone else I missed in the last week while everything exploded around me.

Dragonlover

More Base Colors Applied 

Cables, Eyes and Blood Splashes have been layered in Mephiston Red, The leather straps on the Armour, Bone/ivory details and weapons are Layered with Steel Legion Drab.  

IMG_20150523_154448279.jpg

Skin is also been painted. Kislev Flesh + Reikland Fleshshade

I, Rongo5051, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

Blood thirster of fettered fury =250

Bloodthirster

Chaos terminators = 207

chos Ter

warp talons = 282

wrap talons

for a total of 739 points on or before August 1st, 2015. failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end, And suffer the wrath of the blood god !

Haha of course I'm not bullying Bearingoftheword, Semper - my intensions are purely for the combined Glory of Chaos, and I'm trying to help a relatively new member -who may have been unaware of the complete rules (AND STAKES) of the ETL- to get full points for his efforts. :tu:

With that in mind, and this will be my last comment about it, I'd like to remind both you, Captain Semper, and Bearingoftheword himself of the following option Captain Semper allowed back on page #5 and in response to Botw's vow:

I, BearingtheWord, vow to complete: 2 x Chaos Rhino's (@57) total of 114) and if it's legal for the vow, a "counts as Defiler" ( Imperial Knight conversion.... 220pts as a Defiler) If someone can get back to me on this and let me know msn-wink.gif
~BtW

As the others said, Knights are Universal - you can vow it as a Knight if you want. Then again a conversion of a Knight into a Defiler? drool.gif How daemonic is that? devil.gif I have used your points above for updating the first page - let me know if there is a change of heart and I'll mend it!

So Bearingoftheword, I invite you to have the suggested change of heart (with the stakes of the ETL in mind (or a stake is waiting for your heart #chaosfunny msn-wink.gif)) and accept Captain Semper's above-mentioned offer to mend your vow and get the well-deserved 375 points for your awesome model! :D :tu:

semper talks alot about when people will lose steam onthe painting, im the other way around, i start slow and then once i get started painting im a unstopable force smile.png

or something like that, still doing more building than painting.
we need more points too, ill get mine done in time.

Reinforcing the insides of the heldrake with a mix of milliput and greenstuff and then pinning the wings to that extra, sturdy mass goes a long way into making the heldrake less of a flimsy build. Also, two-component epoxy glue for the wing bits to the frontal paw makes for a stronger bond than plastic glue. :tu:

Made some progress this week (finally). Got the base colors done on everything in vow 1 and started to work on shading/highlights. I've been switching between the different models while waiting for the layering to dry. It helps change things up but also means all three models are going slow. However, can't for the life of me get a decent picture taken. censored.gif Think it might be due to lighting but haven't tried to sort it out yet.

Goal is to see if I can wrap everything up this week so I can start on vow 2 by the beginning of June. Only concern I have is on the bases which I haven't started. I know they aren't required but I have been slacking on bases for years now and need to break the cycle.

Archived