+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Mange to get three Terminators finish earily today

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09975_zpslmdll6tf.jpg

While the Champion for my new unit of Terminators just got base done today & he will be undercoated tomorrow follow by leadbelcher spray.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09980_zpsf8j9kx2r.jpg

Here the two classic Metal Chaos Dreadnought, arm's will be spray tomorrow along with the Champion

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09981_zpsokihlfrt.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09982_zpsrftjylsb.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09983_zpsqqw5gkdj.jpg

Once the arm's are painted.  I will get the more painted metal Chaos Dreadnought varnish.  While the second metal classic Chaos Dreadnought will be painted possible Friday.

Well, I spent most of the day playing board games with my daughter instead of painting but did take some time to work on a layer or two of the main colors.  Also managed to get a few okay pictures to show progress.

Herald (body)

Skin probably needs a few more layers before I'll feel happy, although it's at an acceptable level for me to put on the table top.  Armor is not as far along as I'm waffling between a bone color trim and a more traditional brass. 

Lord (body and jump pack):

Ugh...progress is going slow.  The base color was a metallic silver that was then shaded/highlighted.  Now working on tinting it to get a (hopefully) deep red.  The pics are of the lord's back and jump pack as those were the ones that showed the lighting the best.  Like the herald I'm being indecisive on the trim color.

Spawn isn't photographing well at this point due to most of it being charcoal color and the least progressed on highlights.  I never realized how detailed the old Scyla Anfingrimm model really is.  It's probably going to take much longer than I had planned to do it justice.  

Now to start on my arch nemesis: bases. 

Wow, Eldrich Shadowblade, those models look awesome. Bit weird on the Ork powerclaw, but still: ace modeling and painting there! Keep it up!

Welcome Dreadclaw!!!

Thanks Augustus! High praise indeed! I just use this passage from the Wiki when kit-bashing:

Failures and cripples invariably lose the fickle attention of their mortal and immortal masters alike, and without the blessings of the Powers of the Warp to mend their limbs or knit their broken bodies together with mutations, the Oath-Broken are forced to fashion their own crude replacements: blades sutured to stumps, xenos appendages crudely grafted into empty sockets and ragged armour patched with whatever material the Eye of Terror deems to provide. And yet, woe to the fool who underestimates these dregs of the Black Legion, for an Oath-Broken's desire to again bask in the glories that only Chaos can provide is only equal to his hatred of any who still do.

I see them as survivors and expert scavengers... so if they lose an arm to a knob.... when in greenland do as greenlanders do lol....

Ok, Cybot nearly done for the Demonforge so I can start my first oath. Pictures will come as soon as I can start those.

I, Aasfresser, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

• 1 Thousand Sons Sorcerer with Mark of Tzeentch, Spell Familiar, Sigil of Corruption, Force Axe and ML3 and VotlW ->170P
  • 1 Squad of 5 Black Legion Chosen with 4 Plasma Guns, VotlW, including one Champion with Combi-Plasma Gun and Lightning Claw -> 185P

of a total value of  355 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos in general and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

=][= CONTRIBUTE TO THE B&C =][=

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2015_Poster_V1.jpg

The B&C has embarked on its yearly fund raising effort. If you want to support the site please DONATE.

Tremendous activity and some jaw-dropping results so far! I also saw a lot of new recruits joining the Lost and the Damned! Now remember: it's until June 1st that new recruits can join, so if you're thinking about it, stop thinking and join! :D

Also please check the first page to make sure your entry is correctly recorded.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Proper completion pic. And more in my WIP and Divine Flayers threads (click the images in my signature ;) ).

med_gallery_29004_10691_105402.jpg

And for my second vow....

I Forté, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 2 Vindicators from Codex Chaos of total value 290 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Devine Flayers and Slaanesh. Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Chaos Vindicator: Siege Shield, Combi-Bolter, Dirge Caster, and Warpflame Gargoyles x2

med_gallery_29004_10691_2795.jpg

They need some upgrading.

So how's your vow going Malisteen?

Bit of an off topic question here, but something that has piqued my curiosity.

As the new FW bulletin has just come out, containing another more in detail picture of the walking(better) lord of skulls. However, I noticed the lack of they belly gun? Does anyone know if this has been discussed in another thread, or if to make our super heavy look half decent we'll have to sacrifice it's main ranged weapon?

Archived