+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Phuew...just had enough black spray to do the two vindis. No flayed skin on these as I can't see there being much left from a vindi shell hit msn-wink.gif

No flayed skin? But... but... what about all the other members of the Divine Flayers who might bring scraps of their spoils to decorate these beauties? Seems like a shame not to do any Slaaneshi goodness on 'm!

Seraphim sepia?

Phuew...just had enough black spray to do the two vindis. No flayed skin on these as I can't see there being much left from a vindi shell hit msn-wink.gif

No flayed skin? But... but... what about all the other members of the Divine Flayers who might bring scraps of their spoils to decorate these beauties? Seems like a shame not to do any Slaaneshi goodness on 'm!

Slaaneshi goodness >> flayed skin. Perhaps they will have some interestingly interpreted murals of the explosions they witness.

Seraphim sepia? 

It's the wash I do over the bone to give it the aged look. I'm a naff painter who can't drybrush, washes are my saviour in all things paint related.

Dragonlover

Seraphim sepia? 

It's the wash I do over the bone to give it the aged look. I'm a naff painter who can't drybrush, washes are my saviour in all things paint related.

Dragonlover

How do you think my Lord's wings were done? Washes and glazes.

Vow #1 is done! Decided not to go with a tabard this time, maybe leave that for when I'm more confident with my sculpting smile.png. I actually finished this five days ago but I wasted a bunch of time umming and aahing about how I was gonna base it then decided sod it off for when I've got more spare time >.<.

11350591_10155570897655582_6785771092853

11040170_10155570897680582_567031530734511377381_10155570897675582_1824024671937

10310982_10155570897660582_2864106285543

My main issue with it is the sword, I don't like how the energy effect came out but it'll do for a first try I suppose. May redo it somewhere down the line.

More work on the Bloodletters (between soaking/scrubbing one of my Knights, I couldnt resist...) but dire news, I'm out of Dheneb Stone! I'll have to pick up some Rakarth Flesh next weekend.

Vow #1 is done! Decided not to go with a tabard this time, maybe leave that for when I'm more confident with my sculpting smile.png. I actually finished this five days ago but I wasted a bunch of time umming and aahing about how I was gonna base it then decided sod it off for when I've got more spare time >.<.

11350591_10155570897655582_6785771092853

11040170_10155570897680582_567031530734511377381_10155570897675582_1824024671937

10310982_10155570897660582_2864106285543

My main issue with it is the sword, I don't like how the energy effect came out but it'll do for a first try I suppose. May redo it somewhere down the line.

Nicely done. Loving the colours (not bias honest) and you've done some great texturing and detailing :tu:

Got time for another maybe? Got two months left ;)

Oh absolutely, gonna set up a second vow once I've got all the bits to do my first squad of Terminators. I don't want to vow before I've received it all though :).

Also, thanks for the feedback, I am pleased with it but my perfectionist brain is always seeing the little bits that I could change :P.

Also, thanks for the feedback, I am pleased with it but my perfectionist brain is always seeing the little bits that I could change :P.

That brain will always do that. Knowing when to stop is the hardest thing and can stop you ruining a lot of hard work.

My main concern is doing shiny metal trims. I have no real idea how to successfully give them depth. Tarnished metals I'm fine with, but to me the trim on this model looks a bit flat.

I fully accept this could just be me being overly critical of my own work though.

Out of intrest - Is there a list of amount units in total being done for ETL eg: 8x Bloodthister, 3x unit of Chaos Space Marines, 4x Chaos Knights, etc....

Just spent today painting up the Champion along with Dark Mechanicus models.  I try taken photos but sadily not turn out to great.  Hopeful get photos ether during tomorrow (time permitting) or Friday.
Want to try get him finish painted during the weekend along with a Dreadnought.  Then start the other Dreadnought Sunday/Monday?  As said just need pick up parts for my Lord when I've got a bit money aside for the hobby.

Out of intrest - Is there a list of amount units in total being done for ETL eg: 8x Bloodthister, 3x unit of Chaos Space Marines, 4x Chaos Knights, etc....

-snip-

I will set up a post for this in amicus later, it sounds fun.

My main concern is doing shiny metal trims. I have no real idea how to successfully give them depth. Tarnished metals I'm fine with, but to me the trim on this model looks a bit flat.

I fully accept this could just be me being overly critical of my own work though.

I've found that to give metal trim depth you have to start much darker than the main colour. Steel or silver you can start almost black for example. It's much easier that trying to use washes on such a small area (though that is possible with a pointy brush. Just have to remove excess wash before you put the brush on the mini).

Got some stuff finished up tonight, still behind but I'm catching up. I reworked my future vows so that it should be easier to complete (down time at work = obsessive planning). Check out my WIP if you want to see more pictures.

http://i.imgur.com/H6d4LRQ.jpg

Slaneesh Vindis ?

"U WOT M8 ?!"

http://i61.tinypic.com/ev4128.jpg

What are they, giant party poppers ? :D Decim is unhappy at the waste of steel... He's finished, along with the second CSM squad, leaving the Havocs, the proxies, and the Sorceror for this weekend. Next week for the hammer Chosen, and then onto Vow 2.

Cypher or Khorne......hmmmm ?

Proper completion pic. And more in my WIP and Divine Flayers threads (click the images in my signature msn-wink.gif ).

med_gallery_29004_10691_105402.jpg

And for my second vow....

I Forté, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 2 Vindicators from Codex Chaos of total value 290 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Devine Flayers and Slaanesh. Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Chaos Vindicator: Siege Shield, Combi-Bolter, Dirge Caster, and Warpflame Gargoyles x2

med_gallery_29004_10691_2795.jpg

They need some upgrading.

So how's your vow going Malisteen?

Well flay my hide and call me Sandra Forte actually finished something!!!!!

I'd marry that and our children will be beautiful, and hairy.

Well flay my hide and call me Sandra Forte actually finished something!!!!!

I'd marry that and our children will be beautiful, and hairy.

Getting cheeky now Sandra. And that is easily the scariest thing I've read all day.

-snip-

Wonder how many Black Maces have been vowed >.<

Out of intrest - Is there a list of amount units in total being done for ETL eg: 8x Bloodthister, 3x unit of Chaos Space Marines, 4x Chaos Knights, etc....

-snip-

Wonder how many Black Maces have been vowed >.<

There may still be at least one more..

Archived