+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

i was trynna post another image, simmillar idea but badly executed and looked laughably fake and silly, but the link didnt work. I didnt even realize it moved until i posted it and i was all ohmy.png WOW!!! The image I thought it wold be was the mask over her face so you could just see the blood outline to get the idea. Think ill start a blog sometime so i can post up ideas and insperation without upsetting the balance of things here.

I find that the personal WIP logs of people tend to have a little more leway, just use hidden content tags and put a warning in the title or first post of graphic images. However with the strategium there can be no self selection.

I think a blog would be safer, a lot of the stuff I use for ideas is a bit much even if I do put a warning up, hell if i was a youngun and I saw a thread NSFW etc I'd look, if I keep it all in a blog I cant soil the name of B&C. We have a good reputation and were better than any other forum (looking at you whinesneer) and I want to keep it that way. 

Suppose it's now or never....

I, lfhoule, do rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete, from Codex: Chaos Space Marines:

1 Sorcerer with spell familiar, combat familiar, Mark of Tzeentch, Sigil of Corruption and melta bombs (135 pts) ,

1 squad of 10 Chaos Cultists with heavy stubber and 5 auto-guns (60 pts),

1 squad of 14 Chaos Cultists, all with auto-guns, and leader has a shotgun (81 pts).

And from Codex: Daemons:

Herald of Nurgle with Lesser Locus of Virulence (55 pts),

Herald of Slaanesh with Steed of Slaanesh, Lash of Slaanesh (80 pts),

Herald of Slaanesh with Lash of Slaanesh (65 pts)

Herald of Slaanesh with Greater EtherBlade (65 pts)

4 Fiends of Slaanesh (140 pts) ;

for a grand total of 681 points on or before August 1, 2015. Success will bring eternal to the Chaos Gods (mostly Slaanesh, none for Khorne... yet... maybe ( sweat.gif ), and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year end.

Before pics:

Chaos sorcererhttp://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c223/lfhoule/IMG_0490_zpstpfpyncs.jpg

1st Cultist squad:http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c223/lfhoule/IMG_0489_zps8mx3dtpg.jpg

2nd Cultist squad:http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c223/lfhoule/IMG_0487_zpshblirtyk.jpg

Heralds:http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c223/lfhoule/IMG_0496_zpsgyllhbbu.jpg

and my Fiends:http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c223/lfhoule/IMG_0483_zpsyeeadyvh.jpg

Now got the basic colour scheme sorted with this guy, still need to clean up lightning somewhat. Have also constructed Eternities Judge, my chaos lord

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/image.jpg1_zpsxcgwxlf1.jpghttp://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/image.jpg3_zpsauwqzp7x.jpghttp://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/image.jpg2_zpsoasemype.jpg

Welcome, lhfoule!! Awesome that you came to bolster our forces. :)

Aeternas, that looks pretty darn good. Two pointers: Beware of the mold line on the helmet on the trophy rack, and don;t forget to drill out the barrel of the pistol on the second guys. 

Cool lightning, by the way!

Welcome, lhfoule!! Awesome that you came to bolster our forces. :)

Aeternas, that looks pretty darn good. Two pointers: Beware of the mold line on the helmet on the trophy rack, and don;t forget to drill out the barrel of the pistol on the second guys. 

Cool lightning, by the way!

Thanks for the points :) I'll set to work on mold lines in a bit, ty for pointing it out. For the barrels however, I don't have a drill. Would you recommend the Gw one or are there better ones out there for the same price?

How are your NL coming along Augustus?

The GW one is fine, I use it too.There's cheaper ones, but not by a significant amount. Plus with the GW one you get several space 1mm drills. Try to find a titanium alloy 1mm drill though, at your local DIY store perhaps, as they are far superior to the regular steel ones.

My NL are getting there. I finished the second predator annihilator today (pics later this weekend), so only three bikers, the biker lord and the Brass Scorpion to go. I will definitely be doing a second vow, but in far smaller quantities than the first one. I might even consider a Soul Vow!

Pah. £1.20 for a 1mm drill bit, glued a bead on the end, covered that end in electrical tape, and then selotape.

It's not pretty, but it's functional enough. Titanium for plastic ? Bit excessive, no ?  :D  Start cheap before spending loads.

Managed to convert, assemble, base and undercoat my Havoc squads in about 2 hours tonight after relaxing the past two days. Going to be a speedpaint session tomorrow, determined for the next vow on Wk5. Back to work on Mon though......ugh.

Thus I've settled for Cypher. Mucho points for two weeks while settling back to work, leaving a month-ish for daemons.......if I'm not worn out !

£1.20 for a 1mm...

I bought 10x 1mm titanium bits this morning for £1.97! Need to shop around. And that was from a UK seller with free delivery too :tu:

Vow 2 complete!

med_gallery_29004_10691_451890.jpg

med_gallery_29004_10691_111207.jpg

Anyone would think the kids have been away from home this week ;)

And for my next vow...hmm. Anyway to vow a full 10 man CSM squad without the Champion? (He's already painted).

Sorry Brothers and Sisters of chaos, This year my heart is in Badab War with the Mantis Warriors. Good luck everyone.

Damned traitors ;)

@Forte: Only if you can make one of them look a touch fancier. Gotta have a champ, but you don't have to give him any upgrades. Just give one of them BP/CCW and a slightly fancier hat or something.

Dragonlover

@Forte: Only if you can make one of them look a touch fancier. Gotta have a champ, but you don't have to give him any upgrades. Just give one of them BP/CCW and a slightly fancier hat or something.

Dragonlover

Already have the Champion done though.

med_gallery_29004_10556_64366.jpg

Just the other 9 needed for a full squad.

Basically, after removing the cost of 5 CSM there's a few points left which would be the Champion upgrade which I'd lose from the basic unit cost.

Over to you Semper.

Same situation as I have, where I've 6 proxy models for the completions I've used. Formed them as a champ fella and a flamer-equipped Havoc squad, but they're not worth any points.

So, as DL suggests, make/paint 10 with a bit of extra on one. He might even be good enough to justify his own squad one day.....

I actually meant vow the 9-man squad as a squad in it's own right, but make one guy look a touch more important/just make him the only guy with BP/CCW, as only Champion have the CCW without paying points. Simple.

Like last year, I had a 15 strong marine squad, but 5 of them were the bolter Marines for my Havoc squad. For ETL purposes, where those 5 dudes lived in my actual army was totally irrelevant.

Dragonlover

Slow progress, but progress:

med_gallery_63428_9407_160129.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_20338.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_285324.jpg

Still to do:

leather areas (gloves on some of them, basically. I'm thinking black, though highlighted blue rather than grey).

pink areas (the trim of chainmail tabards. Pastel pink here).

Alluress' knife.

Gold hilts on all knives.

Jade masks.

Kierdale - Slannesh Daemon look cool.  If I ever start my Daemons again, hope it would be ok to use a few idea from your own unit.

Forte - Any plans for the IW unit look/fitting the theme of the Champion?

Nearly close to have the Terminator Champion finish & a few bit left on the Plasma Cannon Dreadnought.  They've just been varnish & GW Water effect added to there base.  Then it just highlight the arm on the Plasma Dread, then Blood for the Blood gods on both models.  Should not take to long.

Lord almost there, a friend found ork part I need for conversion - Ork armour loin cloth use on all my IW & few other parts.  So hopeful order finial part for that conversion :D

Also just pick up the Knight (No4 for the 5th Grand Company)  today & advance order the Ultramarine upgrade spure (trophies).  Time permitting this maybe my second vow.  Any idea (using GW part only) for a sort of siege theme Knight?  Aim this one to be Warlord for stand alone army but also would like to theme this around siege.  For those who read Storm of Iron when the IW use Legio Mortis in the finial battle.  Also going to check out the Bloodquest comic as there Daemonic titan in there,  

Archived