+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Bah, I didnt want to go after something so well done. :p

Squad Shot

gallery_51766_10709_92379.jpg

Solo that turned out ok. Hate taking pictures....

gallery_51766_10709_58067.jpg

Another hundred for the lord of skulls!

Blood for the Blood God, Paint for the Palette!

@ Eberious: You traitor! You turncoat! Aaaaaaargh! Well, no matter. Chaos won over Eberious and Codex got Uprising - fair trade! biggrin.png Good luck mate - can't wait to see those done!

@ 100 sons: Welcome to the ETL and the B&C - I hope you enjoy spending time here! Good luck with your vow!

@ Pearson: Good to see old faces returning! Big model count there - I especially want to see this Daemon Prince take shape!

@ Razboold: A HUGE completion! Congratulations mate, beautifully done! And a hefty follow-up vow too! There is no stopping you!

@ IP: Wonderful work mate- as usual! msn-wink.gif

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Thanks Semper, want to stay on top of painting this lot. Most of my Templars went years without a proper paint job if any at all. Only way they really got done was with the ETL. With the vast majority of my Templars done, I only had odd spares left. With my chaos, going to try and build so much then paint it. 

malisteen, I love where these are going. I wish I had time to build a Black Legion force as well and I'd hope I could pull them off as you're doing it.

As I said somewhere above, I finished the Plague Hulk in the meantime. (Edit: The terminator is for scale comparison.)

gallery_80057_10843_258267.jpg

Captain Semper, I consider my first vow finished. Thanks for your consideration.

I know that 175 points for are insignificant for the grander scheme of things, but I don't have more to offer. I'll be back with a second vow shortly, but it's probably not going to be much more than another 175 points or so. I'm terribly short on time these days.

I, Brother Kortmer of the Black Harvest, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a 7-man squad of Renegade Grenadiers (with Champion with Bolt Pistol; one Hot-Shot Volley Gun; Carapace Armor; = 110 points) from IA13 of total value of 110 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Harvest and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Models are built and primed at this stage. Please ignore the 8th squad member with flamer in the background; he's been selected as a tester and almost finished already.

gallery_80057_9957_144081.jpg

gallery_80057_9957_138512.jpg

Wish me luck.

edited to remove points breakdown. Totals only please.

VOW COMPLETE! Oh it feels great to say that. Here, have a picture as proof. Fluff will be in my thread. 

Death of Redemption (Chaos Land Raider) right side

Now, to see what I have to make a second vow.

Captain Semper, are buildings allowed? I have a Bastion that could do with a lick of paint. If not no worries. 

malisteen, I love where these are going. I wish I had time to build a Black Legion force as well and I'd hope I could pull them off as you're doing it.

Thank you for the vote of cofidence. That said, with how great your nurgle stuff looks, I'm sure you'd put my efforts to shame. The rust is especially nice. Still, even at the risk of your work eclipsing my own Legionnaires, I really must encourage you to have a go at painting some Black Legion. You don't even have to do a whole dedicated force of them, I could easily see a small mercenary force of a squad or two temporarily joining up with your Nurgle blokes in exchange for their services in the Warmaster's next campaign. And the apostles of the Ebon Shrine are always looking for warbands outside the Legion that might be receptive to their teachings. msn-wink.gif

@ Eberious: You traitor! You turncoat! Aaaaaaargh! Well, no matter. Chaos won over Eberious and Codex got Uprising - fair trade! biggrin.png Good luck mate - can't wait to see those done!

@ 100 sons: Welcome to the ETL and the B&C - I hope you enjoy spending time here! Good luck with your vow!

@ Pearson: Good to see old faces returning! Big model count there - I especially want to see this Daemon Prince take shape!

@ Razboold: A HUGE completion! Congratulations mate, beautifully done! And a hefty follow-up vow too! There is no stopping you!

@ IP: Wonderful work mate- as usual! msn-wink.gif

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Thanks Semper. By the way............where your Fallen Angel & Cypher vow?

I think right now

- Just about to start painting the Twin Link Lascannon Dreadnought

- Wed. Going to see if conversion for the Knight/get plan in my head. If this all work out, this will be Vow 2. Also going to place mail order for the last bit for my Lord.

- Saturday, mail order should hopeful arrive & start building Lord. Might also start buying the parts I need for the Knight so I can get the conversion done.

Also depend when that Dark Angel Chaplain is release, that maybe Vow 3 & finial be able to add a old Fallen Angel Character in my IW army once more - 2001 to 2002 had a Fallen Angel as part of my Warsmith unit of Chosen, inspired by Cypher release & Bloodquest comic with a fallen leading a warband of tezentch Chaos Marines.

Woo hoo! First parts arrived today for the Nurgle Lord. Building will hopefully begin tonight. Along with photographs too.

@ Brother Kortmer: STUNNING!!! Lost for words mate - a truly inspirational piece! Good luck with your follow-up!

@ Beachymike: Congratulations on your completion! :tu: Yes building are allowed! ;)

@ IP: All in good time! ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

=][= E TENEBRAE LUX IV =][=

gallery_27176_8461_79162.jpg

=][= THE DOORS TO NEW PARTICIPANTS ARE NOW CLOSED =][=

This is a snapshot of where we stand at this point (not a proper update):

E TENEBRAE LUX IV – June 1
FactionParticipantsVows Points pledged Completions RateCodex 78 94 49,643 8,754 17.6% Blood Angels 82 89 48,320 5,894 12.2% Dark Angels 45 56 43,065 6,947 16.1% Space Wolves 35 38 30,884 2,245 7.3% Realm of Chaos 73 85 65,628 8,531 13.0% Forces of the Imperium 85 106 65,605 10,885 16.6% Horus Heresy 95 112 96,155 19,860 20,7% TOTAL 493 580 399,300 63,116 15.8%

Out Of competition vow

I, lorgar17, rise to the challenge of E-TENEBRAE-LUX and vow to complete this Word Bearers Dark Apostle worth 0 points on or before August 1st 2015. If I succeed may I ascend to daemonhood and if I fail I will wear the badge of the oathbreaker till years end.

Edit: Forgot Picturehuh.png

wings

wingscloseup

• 2 Obliderators with MoT
  • 1 Daemon Prince of Tzeentch with Burning Brand of Skalathrax, ML3, Spell familiar and wings

Obliderators WIP, Gonna give them som nice 1KSons style "helmets" in plasticard

Daemon Prince WIP

Is it to late to add power armour to the prince?

Ok thanks. One question: Am I allowed to pledge already painted models that I am going to repaint? If not I can still do it but the first alternative would be better.

Absolutely!

Sorry for initially including the points breakdown, Forté and Captain Semper. I actually totally do understand the reasoning behind the rule, but I was just too tired to think along this far. Apologies.

Archived