+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Any ideas how to represent mastery level 3 on demon princes? That would be a great way to pick up points.

Books, Spell Familiars bearing books, scrolls (lots of 'em), psychic manifestations (glowing orbs etc.)

I was thinking books on chains for the tzeentch guys actually so glad someone else agrees. Ideas for nurgle guys though? I imagine paper wouldn't hold up for long being around one of the lord of Decay's servants.

Nurglings? 1 per mastery level perhaps?

Have edited my vow 3 per a discussion with the good Captain, so it's 848pts rather than 838pts. This is due to my being a doofus and forgetting to put something in the original vow, the lesson here being to DOUBLE-CHECK EVERYTHING!!!!

We will not be put down by the corpse-worshippers, nor the antiquated relics but for the sake of missing 10/20pts because someone forgot a bit of wargear!

Make it nice, check it twice! Now go forth and violate the very universe :devil:

I'm nearly done working on those two Rotten Butchers... I'm pretty proud all told - they look crazy good (if I may so boldly say so myself...!).

And updated with photos! Here's how they're shaping up...

Front:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/RottenButchers_zpsxbciwrsp.jpg

Back:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/RottenButchersBack_zpswyijtktl.jpg

Are you ready for my close up?

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/RottenButcherFace_zpsxyhxuzaz.jpg

We're coming for the ETL crown again - who could refuse such a face?

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/RottenButcherFace%20-%20Copy_zpsckte0rse.jpg

BROTHERS AND SISTERS! WITNESS THE FRUITS OF MY WORK!

17981_1581266415495063_55178129749305074

Captain Ollum (Chaos Lord w.Lightning Claw.Mark of Slaanesh(not included in price).Sigil of Corruption.)

2 Extermitor Teams (Noise Marine Squads w.4 Close combat Weapons.Blast Master.DoomSiren)

1 Venerable Aragost (Sonic Dreadnought w.Warp Amp(not included in price).Blastmaster)

Total: 575pts

Note: I will include more images once I figure out how to spoiler them, I am using an Iphone to take my pictures and do not want to flood the page with high-resolution pictures. If someone can PM me directions I would appreciate it.

Fantastic progress for the Followers of the Dark Gods!

@ Razblood: Your 10pts were amended. ;)

@ BearingtheWord: Fantastic completion mate - well done! Considering a third?

@ Chaeron: Please do this your avatar! It's brilliant! :D

@ Sheesh Mode: I assume this is a completion and a follow-up? Congratulations and goo luck! :)

As a note, please state your completions clearly. Remember, there is no absolute criteria that would inform me of your completion. Unless you clearly say your vow is done I cannot be sure that it is...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ CHaeron: they do look fantastic. I also second Steve's suggestion. Although truth be told your agent smith avatar is kinda bolted on your name in my mind... ;)

@Sheesh: wow those are some cool marines, dude. Nice :)

Minor update on my part: I'm almost done with the Brass Scorpion build. Only the base and some trophies, chain, and skulls to do...

@Augustus: How much of a pain were the legs on yours?

I'm tantalisingly close to only needing to finish the Scorpion as well, but real life keeps getting in the way. Sepia on one more Chosen, three plasma coils and some horns to go. Oh, and the axe on the Sorcerer.

Dragonlover

Chaeron I'm just saying that last picture would make a great avatar for you lol

@ Chaeron: Please do this your avatar! It's brilliant! biggrin.png

Haha, if that's what the masses want...

Aasfresser...amazing amazing amazing...

Chaeron! Those Kromlech are amazingly done!

Thanks Btw!

@ CHaeron: they do look fantastic. I also second Steve's suggestion. Although truth be told your agent smith avatar is kinda bolted on your name in my mind... msn-wink.gif

I haven't changed it in so long... will make a nice change for a bit! :P

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! Challenge will be basing them...

@ Razblood: Your 10pts were amended. msn-wink.gif

@ BearingtheWord: Fantastic completion mate - well done! Considering a third?

@ Chaeron: Please do this your avatar! It's brilliant! biggrin.png

@ Sheesh Mode: I assume this is a completion and a follow-up? Congratulations and goo luck! smile.png

As a note, please state your completions clearly. Remember, there is no absolute criteria that would inform me of your completion. Unless you clearly say your vow is done I cannot be sure that it is...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

This is a completion of the vow thus far. The entire vow is not done.

@Augustus: How much of a pain were the legs on yours?

I'm tantalisingly close to only needing to finish the Scorpion as well, but real life keeps getting in the way. Sepia on one more Chosen, three plasma coils and some horns to go. Oh, and the axe on the Sorcerer.

Good question. I'm not gonna lie: building it was a proper pain in the gluteus maximus, I can tell you that. I decided to make a post about how I went along the building process. It's here in my WIP, for any future Brass Scorpion builders looking for a tutorial (I know there's a couple vowed in this ETL, and haven't seen any completions, so I might even be useful to others for a change ;).

Here's a pre-trophyfication Brass Scorpion. More pics in the same post as above.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/2015-06-04%2018.09.51_zpsaxq4geco.jpg

Disappointingly slow progress, but almost finished the Lord now smile.png
Discovering the agony of freehanding a nice skull :/
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/image.jpg1_zps5tlua3mc.jpghttp://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/image.jpg5_zpsuxh1h7sd.jpghttp://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/image.jpg2_zpsxko4auqm.jpghttp://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/image.jpg6_zpsnytr9bbq.jpg

@Aeternas. I love the Terminator Lord. I particularly like how you did his cape, I had a hell of a time keeping the colors from the fur off of the cloth. The trim on it is a nice touch too. Of course the rest of the model is awesome as well.

Alright time to poor some more fuel on the immolation of the corpse king and his loyalist dogs! devil.gif

I, Bearingtheword, rise to the challenge of the 2015 E Tenebrae Lux by making a 3rd Vow of Completion.....

For my 3rd Vow I will Complete and paint the following:

A Chaos Sorcerer with Daemonheart Armour, 3 total psychic mastery levels, Prophet of the Voices, the Balestar of Mannon, a Gift of Mutation, Ichor Blood, a Spell Familiar, a Mark of Nurgle, a Palanquin of Nurgle, a Force Weapon, Melta Bombs, Blight Grenades and a Sigil of Corruption... for a total of 315pts.

A 15 man strong pack of Chaos Cultists, marked by Nurgle, carrying 8 autoguns, 6 auto pistols and a heavy stubber, led by a cultist champion for a total of 119pts.

And a second 15 man stron pack of Chaos Cultists, marked by Khorne, carrying 9 auto pistols, 5 autoguns, and a heavy flamer, led by a cultist champion.... for a total of 116pts.

All for a grand total of 550pts vowed for Vow #3.....

Pic of the cultists:
gallery_62728_6478_25685.jpg

I am waiting on the arrival of the models for the sorcerer conversion and will add their pictures to the vow when they arrive. I'm a bit nervous on doing the conversion but I hope it will go well msn-wink.gif Wish me luck!

~BtW

Let's go brothers! Complete your vows and revow if you can! We can win this!!

Dreadclaw.....The face on that Hellbrute is absolutely amazing...... It looks so angry and intimidating..... You're tempting me to pick one up.....

Aeternas, the bloody tears coming down the face of that skull are awesome.... gives me an idea on an interesting way of portraying the "ichor blood" upgrade....Thanks!

~BtW

@ BearingtheWord: Good to see you keep the pace - good luck! :tu;

@ AlanofAngels: eek.gif This is truly excellent!

@ Sheesh Mode: So you have not completed your first vow yet... My mistake. I think now everything is in order. :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived