+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Note: I will include more images once I figure out how to spoiler them, I am using an Iphone to take my pictures and do not want to flood the page with high-resolution pictures. If someone can PM me directions I would appreciate it.

For spolier (lap top/PC):  When you go to post in +quick reply+ or +reply+, on the top left of the reply box there +BBCode Mode+, +Remove format+ & then +Special BBCode+ just next to the +font+.  If you click the +specil BBCode+, it should have a pop up, you scroll down the names & look for spolier

Just like this 

I'm not quite sure how it would work with Iphone?

Hope this helps.

Vow 1

Hope to get a bit more of the Twin Linked Lascannon Dreadnought painted today & finish this weekend.  Then tomorrow I'll be order the last bits along with part I need for my knight.

I think Vow 2 will be the Dark Angels Chaplain model due out some point this month to bring back a old Fallen Angel Battle Brother use to be part my IW's.

Then vow 3 if all goes to plan - Knight.  Just gather the parts for him right now & if all goes to plan I will hopeful get a day later on this month to get some converting work.

Or you can just put [spoiler*]image[/spoiler*] without the *

.  Pain to type but doable on a phone.

I need to pull my finger out.  I had to put everything away a week or so ago and I haven't pulled it out to carry since.

Or you can use that fancy new Hidden Content functionality!
It works just like spoiler but doesn't cause people to blindly click spoilers expecting images and find out the emperor is secretly

7_O_/

(/
   /\/'

Hidden Content
just type hidden instead of spoiler like so: [hidden ]text[/hidden ]

Made some progress last night on the Berzerkers. Hoping to wrap up the 1st batch of 5 tonight, then the final 3 after that.

IMG_0206.JPG

You need the full image URL. Not the image name.

For those of you in this area July is Relay For Life. (It raises money for Cancer Research.)

My significant other gave me an idea for a penance vow.

I Radagast's Raiders hereby vow that if Chaos wins ETL this year, I will do the following:

1: Develope a 2,000 point, Slaanesh based Chaos Space Marine army

2: Purchased models/bits for said army

3: Paint said army to the best of my ability

4: Either use templates or request help from an artist to free hand the "Cancer Ribbon" as the army's icon.

5: Auction said army and donate all proceeds to Cancer Research.

if you do ill provide a squad and a rhino to the cause. your painting it though :P

++VOW #3++

I Forté rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Nurgle Chaos Lord from Codex Chaosof or a total value of 250 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Chaos Lord (250pts) [blight grenades, Burning Brand of Skalanthrax, Combat familiar, Ichor blood, Mark of Nurgle, Sigil of corruption, Terminator Armour, The Black Mace, Veterans of the Long War]

This will take a while for the following reasons:

• will be on a scratched built display pedestal
  • will involve deep water effect
  • scratch built Black Mace
  • various sculpting work

I'll also turn the building process into a tutorial (well, that's the plan).

He IS the Chaos Messiah, I should know I've followed a few in my time

Woohoo I finally got the paint I need to continue my vow and the bits I need for my Dark Apostle, still got a fair bit of greenstuff to do on my Daemon prince and need to finish off the greenstff on Fabluous Bills enhanced warriors and a bit on my spawn then I can get them sorted.

AND

If Chaos come second (tbh guys cant see us beating the HH lot, but we can wipe the floor with the rest, AGAIN) I Slave to Darkness vow to build Semper a cheeky little diorama of some dancing Chaos Marines biggrin.png

ALSO.... Funny vid, I love how the assassin runs off waving its arms around.. Caution, Contains a rude word.

Just got the havocs to do the trim basecoat on, then we have clean up on everything.

Then I can wash everything, then highlight everything, then detail everything (including glazes) and finally post completion of vow 3 and announce vow 4 within 10 minutes thereafter :P

No worries :sweat:

Insomnia has actually helped me this year, but I'm back at work Monday as well as the fact that some paints I've ordered don't seem to want to arrive (as well as the courier firm [Hermes] claiming to have already delivered them) and their replacements from amazon are apparently going to take 2 weeks to dispatch!?! Also the brand new size 2 brush I ordered turned up this morning.....with the envelope it was in shredded open and the brush having had it's handle and half the ferrule literally cut off (looks like it was done with wire cutters or something) though thankfully the brush tip wasn't damaged to my eye so I've bodged it onto an old army painter handle and the seller is providing a refund and will be complaining to Royal Mail.

Tl-dr: I may slow down a bit in the next couple of weeks.

But as long as I have vow 5 done by July 22nd it's all cool as I will probably be in far too much discomfort to paint afterwards (delightful dental surgery incoming) and want to make sure I get a decent contribution to the war effort in first :tu:

Yawn.... Sorry - is this the Chaos Strategium? There is more talk of bbcodes than awesome models getting awesome paint jobs...

Keep in mind guys that by the end of this week we'll be halfway there...

I just completed my 1st 259 point vow, and will get pictures up tomorrow. Honestly, I struggle with posting pics here, but I'll figure it out.

But now I face a dilemma. I have primed on the sprue, a Chaos Land Raider, 5 raptors, and another oblit. I also have a Dark Apostle, Krannon, 10 cultist (blah) and a DV Helbrute. Unfortunately my weather forecast calls for humidity ranging from 55-85% all next week, and I am not too keen on priming in those conditions. Now I would like to do another small vow because real life is cutting into my painting time pretty hard right now, although hopefully it will be better next month. Any suggestions?

Go for high points, quick to complete (lol, coming from me). So Land Raider and Krannon could work. Leave the Cultists for a certain Chaos event around Christmas. Raptors are known to drive people a bit crazy with all the trim. Oblit could work too.

Yeah, if your on a time constraint, Cultists and Raptors are a bad idea. Go with Krannon and the Land Raider, save the Brute for if you can slip a cheeky third vow in?

Dragonlover

Yep to the above. Also, when it's humid out - put the central heater on high, blutac or posterbuddy your models to a carton tray, open a window and spray your stuff from inside your house. Close the window, put the carton tray on your heater. Works like a charm :tu:

Yep to the above. Also, when it's humid out - put the central heater on high, blutac or posterbuddy your models to a carton tray, open a window and spray your stuff from inside your house. Close the window, put the carton tray on your heater. Works like a charm :tu:

Just remember not to breath at all and not to do it in a room where you don't want and paint on furniture at all.

Just remember not to breath at all and not to do it in a room where you don't want and paint on furniture at all.

Not to mention running the heater when it's 90 degrees F already. I think my miniatures and myself would be kicked to the curb by a women who prefers room temperature to be suitable for hanging meat. :)

I'll hold off on the land raider until vow 3, and assemble it during vow 2. Which will be a character or two.

Archived