+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Yeah, I am planning to do about another 1k points or so.

Even if each of us only finishes are current vows and then does single character vows (heh, Cypher vow 2-5, let's see how much we can induce First Legion rage), we will add a few 10s of thousands of points on.

On a side note I've just realised how boring painting 20 termies is going to be, but for now the raptor details are a nice change.

Look how many I did last year...! I batch painted forty and it was a long process, but you do get into it!

Yeah, I am planning to do about another 1k points or so.

Even if each of us only finishes are current vows and then does single character vows (heh, Cypher vow 2-5, let's see how much we can induce First Legion rage), we will add a few 10s of thousands of points on.

Yeah, Once I finish plodding through this 3rd Vow.....(Bloody cultists are so bleh to paint, especially 30 of them)...... I should have time to add on a 4th......

~BTW

ETL Vow 2 progress (and lessons learned)

So I live in North Texas, and the humidity is not likely to get below 60% for the remainder of the ETL, and my second vow needed priming. I have had bad luck with fuzzy bunnies priming in this humidity previously. So I concocted a mad scheme to keep the humidity away from my drying miniature, and this is not just any miniture, this is my warlord and I want to make him the best miniture I have done yet. Anyway my scheme was to quickly prime the mini in the dead of night, when the humidity was lowest, then take him inside on a cardboard tray. Once inside I placed him and the tray in a ziplock bag and moved him to drying in the garage. Hopefully this will keep him clean of any fuzziness. Here is a picture of my contraption, I will let you know if this works out

Incidentally, after priming my Terminator Lord, which I have opted to do in pieces to get better access to all of the parts when I paint him, I had a minor comedic mishap. My primer can has a disposable safety block on it that so far I have been able to reuse. However, it wasn't going back on tonight, so I looked more closely to see what the problem was. Black primer to the face. But hey, I found out that rubbing alcohol will remove paint from glasses. A different type of alcohol may have contributed to this incident. ;)

I understand the pains of Humity, living up in Oklahoma.. I suffer from the same issues. I found that spaying in my garage helped but as Humity is a bigger issue than Temp, I use http://www.wunderground.com/ to wait for the best conditions.

Thanks, that is a much better weather site than the one I was using which just gives a day by day humidity level. It turns out I could have done this at 5:00 pm had 12% less humidity and much lower blood alcohol level!

VOW COMPLETE

gallery_82416_10817_259974.jpg

2nd Vow

I Aspiring Chaos Champion vow to complete 1 Chaos Lord from Codex Black Legion for the total of 157 points success will bring glory to the Knights of Necrosis and Grandfather Nurgle failure will see me condomned to the hellish pits of bieber land

Chaos Lord Veterans of The Long War Mark of Nurgle Terminator Armour Lightening Claw Chain Fist

gallery_82416_10817_887335.jpg

Ps i dont know how to do spoiler tags sorry

@Aasfresser: Your Chosen are brilliant! Particularly the aspiring champion is a very courageous, effective, and well executed conversion of Kranon that I absolutely love. I spent a couple of minutes in the morning admiring the pose and the grimy paint job you pulled off. Fantastic work!

I reckon you should consider sharing the picture over in the Chaos Debate: Defining traits of the Chaos Space Marines thread – as a non-verbal contribution to the discussion. I reckon you made a great point.

Thank you so much! I really thought that would be a bit to much with the ethereal ghosty stuff coming out of his armor and helmet, after all they shall accompany my Thousand Sons in battle. But I have to correct you in one point: that's not Kranon, that was Draznicht, the Chosen-Leader with the powermace. 

That's great news (as I have a few spare Draznichts awaiting assembly) ... Cheers, man.

Fantastic progress guys - I have to admit that I expected a very slow week but it appears that Chaos has been very energetic throughout this time. 

As you may know I was away the past week on business so I was a bit behind on the updating front - I'd love to comment on all the stuff individually but I'm really on the clock! Keep up the fantastic work and have a look in the first page to make sure your status is accurately represented. If not let me know.

Again, keep the momentum going! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

http://i.imgur.com/w8oOTRv.jpg
Vow 1 done, vow 2 incoming as soon as I figure out what to paint next.

Hidden Content

http://i.imgur.com/7ivdArK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SUrP7kU.jpg

and the whole unit

http://i.imgur.com/GpUBBs6.jpg

The first of my Daemonette squads is complete:

med_gallery_63428_9407_1621989.png

And individual photos...

Hidden Content

The Alluress

med_gallery_63428_9407_58996.pngmed_gallery_63428_9407_55568.png

And the rest

med_gallery_63428_9407_707087.png

med_gallery_63428_9407_399034.jpg

Whoops, spilled a bit of claret there, girl.

med_gallery_63428_9407_942685.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_1416867.pngmed_gallery_63428_9407_273800.pngmed_gallery_63428_9407_181791.pngmed_gallery_63428_9407_1169689.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_724594.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_80512.png

And one of my favourites:

med_gallery_63428_9407_317527.png

One more squad of ten, and a spawn to go.

I understand the pains of Humity, living up in Oklahoma.. I suffer from the same issues. I found that spaying in my garage helped but as Humity is a bigger issue than Temp, I use http://www.wunderground.com/ to wait for the best conditions. 

11401412_10155778039065226_4218296536346

I'm not dead, just mad busy with real life stuff and I also managed to find fallout 3 and all the extras dirt cheap so my downtime has been in front of the tv, tbh though I was starting to get burnout so the break was probably a good thing. 

I Arcadian301, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

1. Noise marine squad - 174 pts

4 noise marines + champion

1 blastmaster, 3 sonic blasters, Doom siren, power weapon, combi-melta

2. Noise marine squad - 200 pts

4 noise marines + champion

1 blastmaster, 1 sonic blaster, 2 close combat weapons, icon of excess, Doom siren, power weapon, combi-melta

From Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 374 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

So just a progress update on this, I've managed to sort out almost everything. Still got some mould lines to remove and work out some modelling stuff but once I've done that and primed I'll post up a photo.

So finally that initial photo I've been getting around to doing....

NM Squad 2

NM Squad 1

I, ChaosRising, rise once more to the on-going challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX  and vow Herald of Khorne on or before August 1, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood God's followers, whilst failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

[Details]

Herald

-Exalted Locus of Wrath

-Ichor blood [not sure how I'll model this, but he's getting it anyway]

-Aura of dark glory [his skeletal trophy will count towards this]

-Collar of Khorne [need to find something suitable but I should be able to come up with something; if not - oh well, he still gets the perks]

-The Brazen Rune

-The Blade of Endless Bloodshed

Total value: 165 pts

I, ChaosRising, rise once more to the on-going challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow Herald of Khorne on or before August 1, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood God's followers, whilst failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

[Details]

Herald

-Exalted Locus of Wrath

-Ichor blood [not sure how I'll model this, but he's getting it anyway]

-Aura of dark glory [his skeletal trophy will count towards this]

-Collar of Khorne [need to find something suitable but I should be able to come up with something; if not - oh well, he still gets the perks]

-The Brazen Rune

-The Blade of Endless Bloodshed

Total value: 165 pts

Why the aura when he already has a 5++

ETL Vow 2 progress (and lessons learned)

So I live in North Texas, and the humidity is not likely to get below 60% for the remainder of the ETL, and my second vow needed priming. I have had bad luck with fuzzy bunnies priming in this humidity previously. So I concocted a mad scheme to keep the humidity away from my drying miniature, and this is not just any miniture, this is my warlord and I want to make him the best miniture I have done yet. Anyway my scheme was to quickly prime the mini in the dead of night, when the humidity was lowest, then take him inside on a cardboard tray. Once inside I placed him and the tray in a ziplock bag and moved him to drying in the garage. Hopefully this will keep him clean of any fuzziness. Here is a picture of my contraption, I will let you know if this works out

Incidentally, after priming my Terminator Lord, which I have opted to do in pieces to get better access to all of the parts when I paint him, I had a minor comedic mishap. My primer can has a disposable safety block on it that so far I have been able to reuse. However, it wasn't going back on tonight, so I looked more closely to see what the problem was. Black primer to the face. But hey, I found out that rubbing alcohol will remove paint from glasses. A different type of alcohol may have contributed to this incident. ;)

My contraption worked like a charm! There are no fuzzy bunnies or any other humidity defects on my model. Painting will commence this evening.

Here's where the Brass Scorpion's at. Next thing is probably the Leadbelcher on all the cabling and guns.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/IMG_0257.jpg

Dragonlover

Archived