+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I am getting heartily sick of looking at this bloody model. I think I'm into the final stretch though, just taking a break while the residue from the wipes I used to get rid of yet more mould release agent dries off.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/IMG_0262.jpg

Dragonlover

Keep it coming all!

Had a great birthday yesterday - I may've ordered reinforcements for another vow...

Just down to the last bits of the infantry, to be done over the coming days before I go for another vow.

I am getting heartily sick of looking at this bloody model. I think I'm into the final stretch though, just taking a break while the residue from the wipes I used to get rid of yet more mould release agent dries off.

Dragonlover

You can do it. And if you really can get the mould release off, try painting varnish over the area.

Cheers Forte, I'll bear that in mind. These Tesco wipes have done pretty well so far though.

Dragonlover

EDIT: Spoke too bloody soon. Have painted some gloss varnish on the cabling *grumble grumble mutter*

So I have had some stuff come up, I don't know if I will be able to get the full 5 vows and soul vow in that I originally intended, although I should still be able to finish my latest vow of thousand sons and maybe another vow after.

Cheers Forte, I'll bear that in mind. These Tesco wipes have done pretty well so far though.

Dragonlover

EDIT: Spoke too bloody soon. Have painted some gloss varnish on the cabling *grumble grumble mutter*

What primer did you use and did you give all the parts a warm, soapy scrubbing too?

vow 3 complete

cypher is all ready to shoot some loyalist marines

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/1E0FC5BB-F56F-4065-91F4-E0D2D0266CF3.jpg

Okay guys time to put the pedal to the metal and win this!

I Thamier rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete

Ahriman 230 from chaos space marines

Lucius the eternal 165 from chaos space marines

Sorcerer in terminator armour 85 from chaos space marines

Chaos lord axe of khorne plasma pistol 110 from demonkin

Demonprince wings 200 from demonkin

10 cultist flamer shotgun 8 autoguns from demonkin 73

10 cultists heavy stubber 3 autoguns 66 from demonkin

havocs 2lascannons 1 missile launcers 1 heavy bolter 140 from chaos space marines

5 chosen 5 plasmaguns 165 from chaos space marines

5 chosen 1 missile launcher 105 from chaos space marines

5 chosen 1 set lightning claws 2 power weapons 1 powerfist 175 from chaos space marines

2 forgefiends with plasmacannon 210 from demonkin

Desimator engine butchercannon sige claw 225

9 bloodlethers instrument and banner 120 from demonkin

5 terminators 2 powerfists 2 chainfist heavy flamer 220 from demonkin

5 terminators reaper autocannon 1 set lightningclaws 1 powerfist 211 from demonkin

Helldrake 170 from demonkin

of total value 3000points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Balefire Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/E7EADC5C-5266-49D6-B3CE-E5B3E334DA9D.jpg

Now to paint chosen and then cultists! 

and slave, you can do it! to motivate myself i usely start a audio-book or some good music and get painting, even a movie running in the background is nice, at least that's how i do it.

now i just gotta finish up my 4th vow and then have a look at getting a 5th vow going

The silver is all done! Just gotta paint the corpses, apply a liberal helping of Devlan Mud and job done! I swear by all the powers of the Warp though, if Vow 2 happens it's gonna be Marines as far as the eye can see!

Oh, and I've found a new way to keep going. I usually listen to music while painting but where I've been ill it just didn't work. Go on Youtube and look up Painting With Jay. It's like having a podcast on but without the constant need to try and talk to the hosts.

Dragonlover

Ordinarily, I would try not to double post in the Strategium. However, there is always an exception, and in this case...

Vow 1 complete!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/IMG_0263.jpg

Please excuse the balls on the leg joints - at the moment nothing is glued until I work out a viable transportation method. Also, I know I was gonna do the freehand runes, but I'm bored of this model now. Better to call it now than give up.

Dragonlover

Hah, we should be so bloody lucky. Me being ill threw all my plans out of whack so I've not been able to do all the stripping that I wanted to. Assuming I do a second vow, it'll be Marines. I want to get some bodies painted so that when I play Khorne Daemonkin I've actually got a few squads in the right colours. I mean, I could just chuck a Helbrute out, but I like my vows to have a bit more substance to them.

Dragonlover

These Tesco wipes have done pretty well so far though.

Using wipes sounds like crazy work, dude! Keep it simple: Lukewarm, soapy water and a nail brush. In my experience that's the only thing that works well enough for those nooks and crannies on resin models. Put it in your tub for all you care. Make it easy for yourself. It won't interfere with your painting, but will definitely get the areas you have yet to undercoat. Why you chose to undercoat it in stages is a little beyond me, but I guess it's never too late to learn new things. Baby wipes.  *rolls eyes* ;)

(sorry, I'm just teasing) CONGRATS on the finish! I know from first hand experience how much of a pain in the behind the Scorpion is to figure out, build, and paint, so all I can say is GOOD JOB sticking to it and seeing it through. :tu: :tu:

Looking forward to those KDK marines of yours :)

Dude, the legs on mine nearly killed me. Put them at a slightly splayed stance, you'll save yourself so much grief it's unreal.

I'm actually incredibly dissatisfied with mine. I think it's because I had to put way too much work in just to get the kit to the point where I could paint it. I mean seriously, I know its for advanced modellers, and I consider myself in that category, but would it have killed them to have guide holes for the leg joints?

Dragonlover

Pin the hell out of it and use two-component epoxy glue for the legs, gianlucaflorentino (I'm going to call you GLF from now on)!!!

I made a tutorial on my method here in my WIP. I'm not saying it's the best method, I'm saying it's a method that worked well for me. It might help you avoid the trouble Dragonlover had.

Here's the link.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/286791-augustus-47th-co-nl-wip-gal-vorbak-spawn-p47/?p=4071595

Lots of respect for y'all in getting the Brass Scorpions assembled and painted.  I'm already irritated at putting together the Lord of Skulls and it is a simple assembly in comparison.

@ Dragonlover - The color scheme looks great on the large model.  Looking forward to the future day when you decide to go back and do the freehand! 

Cheers Ancient Helveticus! What's irritating about the Lord?

Just finishing up stripping some of the models that will make up Vow 2. My skin is gonna be really odd in the morning...

Dragonlover

The kit is one if the largest I've put together and just getting visible mold lines cleaned up and pieces primered feels like a chore at the moment. My attention span for this stage is apparently really short. It also doesn't help that I tend to avoid spray primers so am applying everything by brush. I am seriously considering learning how to use an airbrush just because of this model.

The assembly, to the extent I have assembled, has been really easy. I'm sure all will be fine once the painting begins...until I go crazy trying to highlight all the details!

Penance Vow: I vow that if my 2nd vow is not complete by Monday 1000 GMT, I will subject myself to the following.

1. I will double my contribution to the B&C.

2. I will include in my third Vow 10 of my most hated models, cultists.

3. I will paint one model from the loyalist faction and donate it to a new player.

Cheers Midnight! Picked up isopropyl today, gonna be stripping more stuff tomorrow. Once I've done that and then rebuilt some things, Vow 2 is happening. Because I'm some kind of nutjob.

Dragonlover

I know I've been away for a bit, been very busy both with my vow and getting ready for my graduation party. New place so we are painting it frantically hoping it's done and dry by Saturday.  I have everything built for my vow, and last night I finished samus and his pups. I'll post some more pictures in my wip. Just realized I never put angrath in there yet,  I'll have to get some pictures of him with my new phone. 

http://i.imgur.com/LQbiEHGh.jpg

Archived