+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Two words people...

Wet palette!

Best way to keep your paint wet when it's hot.

screw the paints, what about me!!!??

Just put one of the new sigmar marines next to a terminator, termies are smaller ohmy.png

11709532_668026619995450_833452127839228

white dwarf has a free mini. and stores have their display table stuff already

wait, i might buy another 4 copies, cheaper than buying a box on release day >.<

Is that with the weekly one? Definitely would like to get that and work that into a vow.

I dug out my Baneblades tonight...I just need to see if I've got time to get those vows planned and executed in the time-frame remaining.

Progress:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/IMG_0272.jpg

Yes, that is actual highlighting, none of the weird grey/blue mix I tried on my Alpha Legion last year. Nowhere near as hard as it looks, and it passes the three foot test.

Dragonlover

I, Dreadclaw, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a third vow of ...
(with a little of change from my red tide)
  • 1 Dark Apostle: plasma pistol, mark of Tzeentch, Dimensional Key, aura of dark glory (175 pts) - count as "Cypher";
  • 1 unit of 10 Chosen: 5 x plasma guns, veteran of the Long War (275 pts) - count as "Fallen";
  • 1 Herald of Nurgle: palanquin, exalted locus of contagion, psyker (125 pts) - refresh/repaint;
  • 1 unit of 7 Plague Marines: champion with power weapon, 2 x plasma guns, veteran of the Long War (220 pts) - refresh/repaint;
  • 1 unit of 7 Plague Marines: champion with power weapon, 2 x plasma guns, veteran of the Long War (220 pts) - refresh/repaint;
  • 1 unit of 7 Plague Marines: champion with power weapon, 2 x melta guns, veteran of the Long War (210 pts) - refresh/repaint;
  • 1 Soulgrinder of Nurgle: Daemon of Nurgle, Phlegm bombardment (180 pts) - refresh/repaint;
  • 1 Daemon Prince of Khorne: blood forge armor, Kor'lath the Axe of Ruin (270 pts) - because you always need a touch of red !
  • of a total value of 1675* points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos in general and Khorne Daemonkins in particular and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Vow completed; The WIP can be seen here.

Here are some pics of the finished minis.

med_gallery_40226_11051_1064052.jpg

gallery_40226_2932_1276236.jpg

gallery_40226_2932_79013.jpg

gallery_40226_2932_82325.jpg

gallery_40226_2932_64587.jpg

gallery_40226_2932_223186.jpg

gallery_40226_10901_953127.png

Dreadclaw - There all really cool!!!  Really like the Nurgle Marine conversion & use of the Dark Vengance chaplain part for the Champion :D

This is a good day, see ton cool hobby on here & the annoucment that the Lord of Iron is pre-release that the Forge World open day.  A friend pick him up for me. 

Hope to get some work done painting the Knight later today, current work going on in the house to replace window.  Got trace paper to try get a chao icon on the right shoulder pad.

chaeron everyone likes baneblades, as long as its chaos baneblades!

Oh, they will be renegade! I was going to go down the whole Plaguereaper route, but probably best to be flexible.

Some amazing completions rolling in - this is great!

Got a lot done yesterday,  both knights and both tanks fished up.  I'm dedicating today to finishing up the infantry no matter how long I have to stay up.  Then vow 2 will be done. My next two vows areally 15 total models for 6k so that should help out. 

More pictures in my WIP

http://i.imgur.com/ETSWuJ7h.jpg

Ahem.....

Vow 3 !

I, oldschoolsoviet, vow to complete the following from Codex:KDK on or before 1st Aug 2015, lest Khorne celebrate by dancing in lil' puddles of my crimson remains etc.

- 1 Daemon Prince (Goredrinker, WFA)  -- going with Skarr, as I found some 60mm !  -- (210)

- 1 Herald of Khorne (GLoF) -- (75)

- 24 Bloodletters (3x8, Bloodreaper, banner, instrument per 8)  -- (345)

- 1 Khornate Spawn -- (32)

Total points - 662

I'll get some pics up soon, took some the other day, but forgot the spawn !  (and can't find it now either !)

ED: Found 'im.

http://i60.tinypic.com/295v62f.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/wmkw45.jpg 

Wow! What a HUGE amount of progress!!! Congratulations to all - I see the quantity is matched with the quality and I'm really proud you guys choose the ETL to display such dedication and zeal! Keep it up as now we have less than a month to go!

@ Vesper: I must have missed the completion of your second vow. Can you please point me to it? Cheers.

I would like to apologise for not not commenting more often here but real life has been overwhelming... :(

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Nice to see everyones progress! And an extra thumbs up for all the 1kSons models msn-wink.gif

I'm still working with my models (no painting yet), but that is about to change. The Daemon Prince has been primed and my Obliderators are not far behind. I still have some plans for their heads (1kSons style "helmet-thingie"), but painting is coming!

http://s3.postimg.org/y2qx8bi8z/obliderate.jpg

I call them Stompy and Grabby msn-wink.gif

Ehmergherd I'm painting I'M PAINTING!!!!!

Blame Abba, I always have the urge to paint when I listen to them..

Was there something in the air that night Fernando? I mean Slave to Darkness?

Its hot here, hot like...I dont even know where in the Eye its meant to be hot, but its that hot.

I got base + wash + highlight 1 done on 10 Flesh Hounds, but then went back to fixing up 30K bits and models because I literally cannot sit and paint for more than 10 minutes, I just.want.to.die. -.-

Hot? You all want hot...Hit 126 degrees (f) a couple days back....today topped out at 111....But I'm not having issues with dry paint.. Air conditioning is a life saver, literally...... Nope..... I blew out another damn 00 brush... so now have to wait a couple days til I get one delivered to resume my slow march towards completion.....

Anyone, awesome work everyone! Love that we are all getting it done!

~BtW

Archived