+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I Lucio rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete

Raider Sergeant Hralf (counts as Huron Blackheart) - 160 pts
3 x Bloodcrushers - 135 pts

from Codex: Khorne Daemonkin of total value 295 pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to The Gods of Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

ETL IV - Vow 3 - Huron Blackheart Before 1

ETL IV - Vow 3 - Bloodcrushers - Before 1

Highlighted the trim on the other four Terminators, had a gruelling day at work today so didn't feel up to much more. Still, it's more than I had done a couple of hours ago, and that's what counts.

Dragonlover

In the meantime, I may as well go tackle some Possessed backpacks to get my little friends ready for local gaming, while I decide what to do for my final vow. I know what I *want* to do, but that's based on the assumption that my local store gets a shipment of a certain primer sometime soon. I'll have to pester them again Monday.

Yep, its chucking it down here. Hopefully it'll make its way north so you can frolic in it Slave ;).

ETL wise, taking my vow to work, gonna try and get the armour highlights started.

Dragonlover

think a 5th vow of a cupple of spawn a unit of posssesed and chaos marines from demonkin will be too much?

I couldn't really tell you. You have to judge how long you think it'll take. If you were asking the question of me, the answer would be yes, it would be too much for me to do in the remaining time.

Normally I have trouble completing a full 10 man squad in much under a calendar week (accounting for tv distractions, searching for shiny objects, appointments, dinner, etc). Usually I need closer to two weeks (depending on how cookie cutter the squad is and how many poses there are that refuse to fit together on the first try).  I keep my vows on the small but costly side of things because I know what pace works for me, given the quality that I want to produce.

This is a reminder to double check my points, I may have forgotten to factor in that the Aspiring Champion pays more points for his lightning claws...

Dragonlover

Mistake are half the fun! Forgetting special weapons until you actually paint them...

Have been away at a stag do all weekend, and come home to this glorious news. I think this calls for a new vow tomorrow...

Just been having a look at what I can do for vow 4... Oh dear I hope I can get it all done in time. Stuff from the Chaos Marine codex, Daemon Codex, IA13 and Daemonkin. Better crack on with finishing Vow 3. I might actually do 2 small vows instead of one big one, less chance of missing the deadline and wasting all the points vowed so far and if I do finish both a little bump to our completion rates. 

sounds like a great idea slave, only do what you are sure of completing

Well as it stands my to do box has, 3 squads of 6 noise marines, 2 sonic dreads, 15 raptors, ten khorne marked marines, ten bloodletters, keeper of secrets (old RoC era), 12 possessed, ten cultists, rhino, chosen, 10 plague marines, plague dreadnought, 30 plague bearers, 6 bases of nurglings. and thats just what i can see from where im sitting

I'm hoping to have my Bloodcrushers finished by end of this week (Huron is already done as I painted him whilst waiting for Captain Semper to reply... a feat in of itself given how quickly he replies!)

I should get at least one more vow in, though it'll likely just be a couple of Blood letter squads, and a Herald as that's all I really have left out of my Daemonkin backlog.

I, ChaosRising, rise to the on-going challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and prepare to undertake my fifth (and final) vow. I shall complete a Helbrute, as well as a Daemon Prince of Khorne (yes, another one), on or before August 1, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood God's followers, whilst failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

[Details]

Helbrute - 100 pts

-standard equipment from Codex: Daemonkin [using the DV Helbrute and don't want to spend too much time messing around with conversions when I could be painting]

Daemon Prince ["Jr."?] w/ upgrades (below) - 330 pts

-Daemonic flight [wings....of course]

-Ichor blood [i have no bright ideas for this one. I think we'll have to take this on faith unless I can dream something up[

-Collar of Khorne [i'm planning to use the front collar/trim of the torso's neck for this - my plan will become clearer as the piece develops]

-The Blood-forged Armour [i think he's got enough armor to pull this off]

-Kor'lath, the Axe of Ruin [no problem here]

Total: 430

Let's hope I didn't just bite off more than I could chew....

Just double checked, I've not got the points wrong. For Terminators the prices are for 'any model' and at no point is the Champ called out as anything different.

Dragonlover

Just double checked, I've not got the points wrong. For Terminators the prices are for 'any model' and at no point is the Champ called out as anything different.

Dragonlover

RAW you were correct, Termie Champ has to pay Wargear list prices.

Because it specifically says "Any Chaos Terminator may choose one of the following three options..."

But then at the top of the next column says "The Terminator Champion may take items from the Terminator section of the Wargear list..."

So the standard Termies can have the cheap options, but the Champ has to pay the premium thumbsup.gif

Anyway, I'm now about halfway through vow 4, just need to do some shading, highlighting, tidying & detailing and it'll be done :devil:

I reckon this will happen before Friday, which will give me a week and a half to get vow 5 pledged and completed before I'm taken out of action :lol:

Well I stayed up till 4am painting on Friday and couldn't finish in time. I was hoping to get back earlyish today but the lake was very distracting and we left three hours late. The wife is still driving actually haha. I'll be done with my vow tomorrow night. And actually depending on how quick I knock out these super heavies I might actually have a safe way to hit 15k so fingers crossed

@Razblood: I'm working out of the Daemonkin book. It just says any model, I've double checked about three times.

Dragonlover

I stand corrected, only GW could screw Chaos so hard that even another Chaos Dex puts the boot in :lol:

Glad I chose to stick with C:CSM for points value.

Archived