+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

@Forté: Hey, I really like where this is going. A courageous and bold scheme. I can't wait to see how this progresses.

@steve shields: You're insane. Chaeron's right, you'll win it again. Thanks heaps for your effort, and indeed very well done on your superheavies!  

@Insane Psychopath: I think yours is among the most awesome Chaos knights I've seen so far (and I think we've all seen a lot on the web). It makes me want to build one too. A fantastic and inspiring piece of work.

@Captain Semper: Thanks heaps for your effort, and for taking the time to provide us with weekly updates. I can only imagine life in Greece being difficult at the moment. The fact that you're still, or nevertheless, committing to the ETL proves outstanding leadership and dedication to the community. You should be a proud Captain.

I need some advice for my painting today.
a. Can I do masking/chipping with just tiny pieces of painters tape covering the portions that I have already painted as the bit meant to be underneath?

b. What sort of graffiti would one find on statues in the depths of a hive world?

A. May be really difficult in this scale. I've seen people using masking fluid of the hairspray technique.

I am not too troubled if it doesn't look quite like regular weathering, the idea is that my Thousand Sons Rubricae were left without a master, dormant, in the depths of a hive from early after the Rubric of Ahriman (there was no sorcerer there to begin with) They eventually basically fossilized under the dust and filth of such a low depths, only seen by uneducated gangers who thought them statues, and since no one upkeeped them, the rubrics became covered in not just this crusted layer of grey dirt, but also covered in graffiti. Now that a sorcerer from my warband has woken them up and is fighting out of the hive, they are starting to lose pieces of these in chunks. (hence the chipping, but not at necessarily the regular scale).

Sounds like you're better off painting them as rusty statues and stippling or sponging the last bits of painted colour on after as if it's mostly flecks left.

Sounds like you're better off painting them as rusty statues and stippling or sponging the last bits of painted colour on after as if it's mostly flecks left.

welp, too late for that one, but maybe next time, thank you though

BY THE DARK GODS I am so sorry guys. I took my eye off the ball, family stuff, started a second job again blah blah. But caught up with all your vows (from 24th June!) and I gotta say I am really impressed and glad to see the Chaos forum fire up the war engines to smash home it to victory. 

So my progress:

Group shot vow 2 ETL4

Group shot of the Warpsmith, Slaanesh Sorceror, Dark Apostle and (counts-as) Fabius Bile. Fluff and individual pics will be in my thread soon. 

In the next few days I'll get the Dready finished, then see how time is going. 

But well done guys. Looking awesome. 

VOW 3 COMPLETED!!!

My Dark Cardinal (Sorc) on palanquin
gallery_62728_6478_77921.jpg

Nurgle Cultists
gallery_62728_6478_76894.jpg

Khorne Cultists

gallery_62728_6478_97227.jpg

I do have some Daemonettes coming in, supposedly by mid month, that I may do as a 4th Vow....but not sure how crunched for time I'll be, so not gonna decide til they arrive!

Keep up the great work all!!

~BtW

Session 2 done on Mr Fruit Salad.

11731671_1461063460879463_39891545992617

Started to dirty him up but still got metal, bone, and skin to do. Then finish up the base and BOOM...vow 3 will be done (one more than last year for me).

bearingtheword, where did you get the shoulderpads for your khorne cultists?

The arms are filched from Imperial guardsmen and space marine scouts..... the legs are fantasy high elves and the bodies are ones I got from FW a few years back... then added various stuff from my bit's box to kit em out....

~BtW

Looking over the juggers and the mauler, I'm down to washes and inks on those, then blocking out the rest of the possessed.

Started build on the Juggerlord, but distraction again fighting for my attention so he's going to be pretty utilitarian. Not looking forward to the bikers, at all. :[

@Bearingtheword, models look great, out of curiousity, what makes the nurgle cultists nurgly? (not to be that guy, I just want to make sure there isn't an issue with semper discounting the points from the upgrade)

So nice to see so many completions and progress shots rolling in: think I'm fresh out of likes!

Going to be ploughing through the Contemptors tonight - see how much I can get done :)

Come to a dead end on how to do my pillar of souls/portalglyph. Should I go for the Bronze-Verdigris look...

http://resinkit.perso.neuf.fr/version_anglaise/galleries/Hellraiser/hellraiser_pics/pillar.jpg

or a flesh-stone kinda thing???

http://orig10.deviantart.net/39a2/f/2007/138/8/d/hellraiser___pillar_of_souls_1_by_rhuadhan.jpg

Ok the second image doesnt look as fleshy when viewing it on my laptop, looked better on my phone, but you can kinda see what I'm thinking

Flesh stone personally. The bronze and verdigris is done on so many statues.

Good point, more Slaaneshy I think as well. Just need to fig out a good flesh/stone effect now... 

I'm doin pure nurgle next etl, i can do that in my sleep lol, less stress

My second vow is complete:

First up a shot of the base sans-model, to show the burned grass.

med_gallery_63428_9407_46801.jpg

And here it/they is...

med_gallery_63428_9407_40927.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_204698.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_269808.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_204409.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_334167.jpg

The mouth on the side (where an arm should be) came out better than I expected. It's the first time I've tried to sculpt something like it.

med_gallery_63428_9407_162777.jpg

And if one arm on one side and four inside wasn't enough, something's trying to claw its way out the rear too...

med_gallery_63428_9407_10472.jpg

And finally...PEEKABOO!

med_gallery_63428_9407_59804.jpg

Archived