+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

how did you do the red on your word bearers, i cant get mine looking right

how did you do the red on your word bearers, i cant get mine looking right

Join the club.

Well, lets see. Black undercoat, then Mephison Red on all the parts that are supposed to be red (duh). After that I sort of sloppily paint it with Blood Red, and by sloppy I mean kinda like half-drybrush, but I use wet paint (not too wet though, you want to keep some of the darker red in the recesses).

Then it's mixing time! I mix a light grey colour with blood red and highlight everything (or drybrush depending on what sort of details you are working with).

If you mix your red with orange or yellow, your red will turn out pretty warm (like my first batch of Mk.V marines), and if you mix your red with white they often look a bit pink (like the red border on this guy).

So what I ended up with was mixing with light grey, it's not warm, but it doesn't turn the red into pink.

After that is just washes. GW red wash (Carroburg Crimson) and then I paint all the metal and such, and give them a Nuln Oil black wash to get that 'evil' dark red vibe.

Hope that helps! :)

Thanks, totgeboren, that helps. Damn dude, your Word bearers are fantastic. 

OK, here goes for my fourth vow:

I, Augustus b'Raass, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX IV a fourth time.

I vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Space Marines and Codex: Daemons
the following units 
with of total value of 445 points on or before August 1st:

10 Bloodletters of Khorne, with Banner of Blood, Instrument of Chaos, and Bloodreaper ((135)

Khârn the Betrayer (170)

3 Bloodcrushers of Khorne, with Bloodreaper (140)

Success will bring eternal glory to me 

and to the 

59th Echelon World Eaters, known as Prostration's Cull

The XII is dead. We live on in the name of hate. We seek only to kill those with hope.
To slaughter those who pray. To flay those with faith. To sack worlds of that weakling Imperium, held together by the followers of the corpse they call Emperor.
We do this in the name of the God of Slaughter and Vengeance. We bow to none. 

Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

WIP pictures of all:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zpsafrgegtz.jpg

Bloodcrushers:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zpskbway89m.jpg

Khârn: 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zps5wy78ob8.jpg

Bloodletters:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zpsicjt46rw.jpg

So, foolishly I vowed to paint Thousand Sons Rubricae lost to the depths of time and a hive world, covered in graffiti that is slowly coming off.
Each one has taken 3-4 hours of work I believe, and I am not quite done with them. (Base coat, mask, heavy grey *dry*brush, graffiti, remove mask, color over with the second layers the masked portions and the gun barrels,(all rubrics are done to at least here+basing has been done, but not painted) wash, base, paint base, wash base, drybrush base, blood splatters)

So today at lunch I hope to finish the sorcerer to the prewash stage. Then tonight or tomorrow finish the rest of the job.

Expect completion, some terrible pictures, and a further vow tomorrow, some ultramarine successors alpha legion terminators.
I am assuming thunderhammer chainfist and stormshield mark of nurgle will be fine as a counts as?

Additionally, can someone tell me what the classic bloodthirster is worth points wise these days? I don't have the daemonkin codex to check, nor do I have the kit. Also, can I confirm that I can still be rewards for it out of chaos daemons?

Totgeboren - The Word Bearer models look really cool, really like the Helbrute model you've painted.

Dreadclaw -  Really like seen the progress of your Daemonkin army.  I've been keep a eye on all cool Daemonkin army & possible looking into my own after getting the Khorne models from the Age of Sigmar.

Augustus b'Rass - Thanks, just happy how everything went after planning on the model & talk to friends & idea suggested by Teetengee a while back.  Also good to see box of the classic Khorne Berzerker there, some my favrout classic models & where a big part of my Black Legion force when I started the hobby 1996.

Aim get the Sorcerer painted during Saturday :D

@Dragonlover: Haha well that's the box with the most undefined 'bits'. It has a big bag with smaller bags in it, each with with sorted parts with which one makes space marines. So legs, arms, weapons, heads, shoulder pads, etc. My other boxes read 'tank sprues', 'projects' (which currently holds thousand sons bits, two regular and one deredeo contemptor, and a corpse cart), 'spare paints', 'hobby material', 'tanks', 'walkers', and last but not least and considering the first designation, one amusingly called box of ´miscellaneous bits´.;)

@IP: Yup, they're my first ever buy. That box has been my main bits box for almost twenty years. I fill it with bits I need for a particular project I'm working on. I don't have any of the classic plastic berzerkers anymore, unfortunately, but I do have the 'classic' Khorne Berzerker in failcast. Luckily.

@Teetengee: Ask Semper if it's ok to sub chainfists for Thunder Hammers and Marks for Nurgle with Shields. Shoulda done that before vowing, buddy! ;) The 'normal' Bloodthirster is 250 points. You could give it some rewards from Codex Daemons, yes.

-snip-

@Teetengee: Ask Semper if it's ok to sub chainfists for Thunder Hammers and Marks for Nurgle with Shields. Shoulda done that before vowing, buddy! msn-wink.gif The 'normal' Bloodthirster is 250 points. You could give it some rewards from Codex Daemons, yes.

I am. Thousand sons are the current vow. Next vow is terminators, the one after may be a Bloodthirster. I wanted to check with semper (and anyone else here) before going ahead vowing it that way.

Currently in Edinburgh for work, and I definitely should've brought something to paint this evening! Oh well, I can wish list what I might be able to finish before the final deadline if I can complete my vow this weekend...

I've had almost no progress on my vow. So many missing parts on these tanks that I didn't know about. I finally got all but one part replaced yesterday and that's gif enough. Spray painting has begun, but my guys won't have finished bases before etl ends. It seems the corkboard I usually get isn't sold in stores anymore, need to find a good replacement. Aaaaand my wife decided we are going away for the entire weekend. So needless to day its going to be a close call, but I haven't broken an oath yet. But I certainly won't be doing a 5th

I've had almost no progress on my vow. So many missing parts on these tanks that I didn't know about. I finally got all but one part replaced yesterday and that's gif enough. Spray painting has begun, but my guys won't have finished bases before etl ends. It seems the corkboard I usually get isn't sold in stores anymore, need to find a good replacement. Aaaaand my wife decided we are going away for the entire weekend. So needless to day its going to be a close call, but I haven't broken an oath yet. But I certainly won't be doing a 5th

aren't you making tanks? don't they not need bases?

Chaos Gods demand moar progrez! Moar! You guys are awesome!

I won't make it for a 3. vow but I'm so glad I joined this year. For some one as slow as I am, 2 vows is a huge piece of work. Still 2 more Rubricae to go.

ETL-Progress: Thousand Sons Aspiring Sorcerer is finished. Both arms are magnetized and could be exchanged. I gave the elbow on the casting arm a stronger angle. Hope you like hin so far. After the ETL, when the weather is normal again, I'll seal him with mat varnish. The force weapon, a sword is sheathed.

Thousand Sons Aspiring Sorcerer Conversion

@dreadclaw: if that is your idea of WIP, then i can't wait for that awesoem model to be finished. It looks amazing as is. Also, I love that he's actually running down a loyalist hero, of whom we only see the back. Perfect.

I hereby declare Vow 3 complete! Next time I'm leaving the limbs off for painting purposes unless I *really* need him for a game.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/IMG_0278.jpg

A fourth may be in the cards, it ultimately depends what time I wake up tomorrow, as tomorrow is my largest block of painting time between now and the end of the event. I have no desire to lose all the points I've painted thus far.

Dragonlover

aren't you making tanks? don't they not need bases?

There are four dreads, a knight, and a belakor in there too

Vow 4... BOOM

11745539_676507195814059_881428228876828

I SlavetoDarkness vow to complete the following from Codex Chaos Marines and Codex Crimson Slaughter
AH'BADHUN (Counts as Abaddon) 265
Chaos Lord - Blade of the Relentless, Slaughterers Horns, Daemon Heart, Sigil of Corruption, Combat Familliar 180
Chaos Lord - Prophet of the Voices, Gift of Mutation, Jump Pack, Comb-bolter, Power Weapon 138
Chosen - x2 Lightning Claws, Flamer, x2 Power Weapons,Gift of Mutation 165
Sorcerer -Mark of Nurgle, Sigil of Corruption, Palanquin ,Blight Grenades, Spell Familliar 160
to a total of 908 points before the 1st Aug.. 

11141153_676507189147393_554954683337258
++EDIT++
The second Lord 
11781799_676640672467378_465256810342442
Todays hobbytime bought to you by the following tuuune 

Well gents and ladies, This will be my 4th and final vow for this years ETL. Hopefully this and the others I have done will help carry us onwards and to victory!

I, Bearingtheword, do vow the following for my IVth Vow of the 2015 ETL. I will complete one unit of Daemnettes of Slaanesh, consisting of 1 Aluress and 9 daemonettes, one bearing an icon of Chaos and another an instrument of Chaos, for a total of 115 points. Success in this vow will bring eternal glory to Chaos, whilst failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year end.

Pic of the assembled and primered Daemonettes
gallery_62728_6478_43341.jpg

~BtW

The Chosen are finall, finally done, and with them my first vow:

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z142/Malisteen/Black%20Legion/etl10_zpskygiiphn.jpg

10 chosen, with veterans of the long war (black legion), 3 meltaguns, 2 power axes, 1 icon of vengeance, and a champion with a power sword, 300 points on the nose

More pics in my thread.  Forté, if you haven't read that post yet, please do so before continuing here.

Anyway, with the first pledge done, I have exactly one week to complete another pledge, and satisfy both my soul vow and my personal vow to paint more points than Forté.  I'm putting it all on the line, here.  This is not going to be easy!

So here's my second pledge:

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z142/Malisteen/Black%20Legion/etl06_zpsyjwqj3wl.jpg

I, Malisteen, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Counts-As Be'Lakor the Dark Master, one Dreadclaw Assault Pod, and two Chaos Rhinos, each with Extra Armor, Havoc Launcher, Dozer Blade, Warpflame Gargoyles, and Dirge Caster, for a total value of 594 points, to be painted on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end!

just to be clear on the vehicle upgrades:

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z142/Malisteen/Black%20Legion/etl07_zpsvktkltr4.jpg

@Slave: Damn dude, you're on a roll!

@Augustus: Alright, alright, I'm up already.

@Malisteen: They look gorgeous. Also, gutsy second vow.

@Bearingtheword: Good choice, daemons are fairly easy to knock out quickly.

Dragonlover

@IP: Thanks. I really enjoys painting this red tide of Khorne followers.

@Augustus b'Raass: Thanks. The model is alomost finished. It needs some highlights and I will consider it done.

As for the "hero": there can be only one ! tongue.png

med_gallery_40226_10901_26246.jpgmed_gallery_40226_10901_111543.jpg

Archived