+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

The irony is not lost that I've found more enjoyment painting my 30K stuff in the last two days than the 40K Blood Angels I'm supposed to be doing laugh.png

part of the ship, part of the crew!

Those Salamanders are lovely... Very impressive. 

I only primed both my Sicarans last night. I'm painting them in sub-assemblies - easier to do and makes the task ahead less daunting with only hand brushes available. :P

The irony is not lost that I've found more enjoyment painting my 30K stuff in the last two days than the 40K Blood Angels I'm supposed to be doing laugh.png

part of the ship, part of the crew!

I know. It's kinda crept up on me, and whilst I'm not serving on the ship, I'm at least viewing as many 30K topics as I can (as much as I am with topics across the whole board - there are so many! blink.png ). Hopefully, I can channel the inspiration to my own hobby overall, so it's still a win! thumbsup.gif

I'm seriously considering abandoning (or at least putting on hiatus) the Inceptors portion of my 30K army. I do so like the look of blue and gold happy.png

It's so much nicer in here, dontcha think?

laugh.png

I still have to get around to doing something about my 75th Company VIII Legion background too blink.png

I Kriegriss of humble kill but grand intentions to hereby make this solemn vow for the ETL.

I vow to go forth and do honour to the "Horus Heresy" sub forum, the VII legion and the Emperor.

I vow to complete the best of my ability (and it is soo small) :

- Legion Preator (imperial fists) equipped with Cataphractii Terminator Plate, Master crafted Thunder Hammer, Storm shield, Digital Lasers and grenade harness = 200pts

- Legion Preator (imperial Fists) equipped with Artificer Plate, Master crafted Paragon Blade, Bolt Pistol, Iron Halo, Melta bombs and Digital Lasers = 185pts

- Apothicarion Detachment with two apothecaries both with Augury scanners, Artificer armour and Power swords = 140 pts

- total = 525pts

all these pledges are chosen from the Horus Heresy books 1,2 and 3 

If I fail in this vow I shall endure ball deep shame wearing the badge of the Oath Breaker until the end of the year 

[/url]">http://http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j9/DBH_Hamilton/Mobile%20Uploads/20150503_204026_zps5nhs7bef.jpg

Oh yeah please ignore the 5 Mrk III Marines they are for part of the next vow. OK kiddies drop the puck and lets play some warhammer.

I Phalanx Warder, have heard the call to arms. And I answer now! I will in this moment and always conduct the VII to Victory in this matter of E TENEBRAE LUX.

I vow to paint:

X1 Land Raider Phobos

10 Legion Breacher Marines

For a grand (or not) total of 580pts

Should I fail in this matter then may I brought before my legion and be stripped of all Rank and Title and given the mantle of Oath breaker and reassignment to a Destroyer detachment on secondment to the Death Guard.

gallery_63665_9628_1110537.jpg

** Edited to take out the second land raider that is one stage past base coat as that would be cheating**

@AlphariusOmegon108 you should have been a son of the Gorgon as you are clearly a robot already having cast aside your weak flesh you no longer need to eat or sleep and can paint entire armies is just days. Clearly you chose the wrong legion brother.

Good to see you complete your vow well ahead of time, brother. If we can create a good turnover, we may get a decent second wave of vows going. :tu:

Time for vow nr.2!!!

5 thallax

10  palatine blades

2 magosses

2 lasfire sections

2 veteran section (solar auxillia)

3 laser rapiers (solar auxillia)

3 thudd gun rapiers (solar auxillia)

1 preator

1 legate commander

1 solar auxillia command squad

Lord marshall Ireton

2935 pts for this vow!

Here we go, the daily numbers write up for the AoD forum:

• Pledged total: 54,032 points
  • Completed total: 2,855 points
  • Vows completed: 1

Very well done to AlphariusOmegon108, not only in completing his vow and posting up the first official score for us but also for making a second vow. Props to you, brother. Also of note, Gizur has amended his vow, now adding his points to the pledge total. Although only three vows have been made since yesterday's update, three is better than none! :lol:

And, finally, a little visual to let you all know where we stand atm:

Generic Loyalist 27,731
Pretty vampire loyalist 19,396
Dress wearing loyalist 23,564
Puppy loyalist 20,669
Astra something or other, and their hangers-on 29,461

Forces of Chaos 29,343 30885 with Castellan Cato's pledge today

I apologise for only amending the one forum total but, as you can clearly see, as of this morning the AoD forum is a good 20,000 points (give or take) ahead of the next best out there, namely the Chaos forum. What we need to do, imo, is focus. Those who have pledged must see to it that we chalk up a high success rate and move on to a second round of vows, if possible. Those who have not pledged yet - do not worry. Pledge small. Pledge manageable. Pledge to win. That is all. Show 'em who's boss. :wink:

First let me welcome the new participants: Good luck gentlemen! 

Now AO108: WOW!!!!! You really went to overdrive there! This is a great feat and a great boost to your Faction! Congratulations mate! Now you take the brave step to make a second vow of similar size. I can only wish you luck and remind you that if you fail on your second or any subsequent vow then all your previously completed vows will be nullified and count for nothing. So steel yourself and repeat this fantastic feat!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I think that AO108 should have the unique honour of "First shot fired!" happy.png

Or perhaps "Opening salvo"? smile.png

Edit - "First Blood" sounds pretty good. ;)

Yeah first blood litterly :p I accidently cut myself when removing one of the Volta terminators from their painting stands (yes, I glue them on)

Btw.. tommorow I will start on the second vow.. might be able to make some serious progress.. *laughs like a maniac*

Archived